1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who here wear sweatpants alot?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Chester, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Chester

Chester Loaded Pockets

I could probably clip my mini grip to my sweatpants pockets. But I am worried about it ripping up the pockets of them.

2. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

as PJs yes i do, when i take out the trash before bed i carry some of my stuffs i have my spyderco on the pocket and it works

3. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I wear them for hanging around the house and sometimes for going walking/running. I wouldn't carry a multi-tool in them-too bulky and bangs against your legs. I typically carry a slipjoint in one pocket and then my Ladybug clipped to my keychain in the other at home. Going for a walk, it's cell phone in one pocket and the ladybug with the keys in the other.

4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

"Alot"
    "Frequently" perhaps.
    Certainly daily since I workout every day.
    I have embraced the 100% cotton iteration that evolves into a garment well-deserving of monikers alluding to its elevated comfort levels after sustained, prolonged wearing them....uh, .."alot."

I am strongly considering the 24-oz, "double-thick" offering by Arborwear. Worn with that company's equally-thick hoodie should make for quite a comfy combo while traipsing "alot" in the park with the dog on lazy, wintery Saturdays.

5. tstaut

tstaut Loaded Pockets

Every day. Either sweat pants or pajama pants, depending on what's clean. I work from home, and dammit, I've earned the right. I have to send uncle sam an extra 15%, pay full price for health insurance, no 401K, and I can't get a mortgage for another year, but you know what? I'm wearing sweat pants, my commute is a 20-foot walk, and I'm loving it. :) As far as EDC... the bigger the knife, the tighter I have to tie the drawstrings.

survivorman, Water-Rat and Stutz like this.
  6. Stutz

Stutz EDC Junkie

If I'm not going outside, it's nice warm fleece Eddie Bauer pajama bottoms. Do they even make sweatpants any more?

7. Chester

Chester Loaded Pockets

I think it is wonderful how much more comfortable the thick cotton sweatpants get with usage, especially when they are really soft. I actually like wearing them in hot temperatures because of how wonderful they feel when warm.

8. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

I only wear them in the house.
    I change into something else when I go out.
    Usually cargo shorts for around the compound, cargo trousers for downtown, or my work trousers.

9. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

Cold weather, around the house, sweatshirt & sweatpants. Warm weather it's cargo shorts and a t-shirt or polo. If I'm going out somewhere with the wife and family dress is situational. At work, no choice, I have to wear NFPA-70E arc flash compliant stuff.

survivorman likes this.
  10. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

11. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

The problem with sweatpants is they are anti-edc. Anything in your pockets, and they will fall off, or you have to tie the string, and eventually pee yourself one day. And then if you want to carry anything, you need a fanny pack/ bum bag/ whatever and then you look like you have escaped from the local group home. Don't leave the house wearing sweat pants. If you get stuck, say, in the rain, you gonna be miserable.

Lou_G likes this.
  12. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

Bamajay73 likes this.
  13. Crippletron
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Crippletron Loaded Pockets

14. AJGarner357

AJGarner357 Loaded Pockets

I dont wear sweatpants a lot but i do wear basketball and training shorts a lot and as far as pocket space goes its basically the same deal. Usually my emerson cqc-7, my phone (lg optimus dynamic), my gshock, hinderer investigator pen and my wallet.

15. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Weather turned last week and I made the switch to sweatpants at home.

I am happily married with 5 kids, don't care what anyone thinks, whatever works for me is what I do. Sweat pants do not alter my carry, just as when it was basketball shorts during the summer.

Wearing sweat pants right now with Hot Chillys underneath, here is my current carry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thePlumbah likes this.
  16. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Sweat pants can't hold up my pistola :eek:

CatsTide likes this.
  17. kbuzbee

kbuzbee Loaded Pockets

Same here, but, being retired, that's pretty much all day, every day. I keep a Spyderco Balance clipped in the right pocket and an RRT01vn in the right pocket of the accompanying hoodie. Wife likes to keep the house somewhere between 58-62 year round so this setup works for me ;)

Ken

18. Powrstroke6.0

Powrstroke6.0 Loaded Pockets

At first glance I thought you wore a jean thong holster.

Bamajay73, StJimmyS21 and Crippletron like this.
  19. Cavemanchris

Cavemanchris Loaded Pockets

Practically live in mine. For work, under my bib-eralls in the winter, Dossing around the house in, and if I'm casually going out. However I don't carry a great deal (phone, wallet, LM juice s2 with key attached and sometimes my spydey UKPK)

FYI scruffs do some with cordura type knee pad pocket things (I'm sure you know what I mean)

20. StJimmyS21

StJimmyS21 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Carl approves of this thread.

Bamajay73, Chiles and Torpedo Vegas like this.