1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who here EDC's to the bathroom - and admits to it?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by HappyStuffing, Sep 2, 2011.

1. HappyStuffing

HappyStuffing Loaded Pockets

Bonus points if you EDC into the shower ;D

I find myself debating what I *need* to bring to the bathroom (regardless of what i'm doing in there) everytime I go. I find myself doing a rotation.

On some days it makes perfect sense to me to bring my Fenix E15 in there because there could be a power failure. What is one to do without a handy dandy portable light source, right? RIGHT?

On other days, I bring my Wenger Evogrip S18 with me. Never know when you need to fix something while aimlessly looking around while on the can, right? Just go with me on this one..

Last, but not least, I have been known to purposely not turn on the light in the bathroom so that I could use my Petzl headlamp in the shower. I just hung it up by the shower head when it came time to wash my hair.

Cell phone is almost always with me. Combination of knives/flashlights/multitools/books are always considered.

So then . . who else does this?

2. Prætorian ®

Prætorian ® Loaded Pockets

EDC much? :D

The closest thing I EDC in the bath is my iPod Touch for music (the acoustics on Opera works wonders for the soul in the can or in the showers).

3. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Not into the shower, but whatever I have in my pockets goes with me to the bathroom, so sort of, yes.

4. Slumber

Slumber Loaded Pockets

I'll grab whatever Im obsessing over that week (knife, light, pen) before going to the throne. No logical reason for it, I just do. Maybe to admire the aesthetics during my most vulnerable time. I used to take my Nextel in the shower for some early morning chirping, but I doubt my new phone could handle that.

5. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

I take one of my phones every now and then to the bathroom when I shave to listen some music.Other occasions a book.So I could be included in this category.

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Loaded Pockets

Ipod touch, to play the game of the moment or browse the web/forums.

7. HappyStuffing

Yes! Browsing EDC forums while on the can is a fun one :)

8. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

I keep one of 5 cordless phones just outside the shower door and behind the commode. So if you call and hear funny noises...

9. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

If I have clothes on then most of my EDC is on me. Light, Knife, Multitool, Lighter, Phone and whatever else winds up in my pocket's that day. You never know when you will need something:)

10. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

11. LoneArcher

LoneArcher Loaded Pockets

I work nights and in order to maintain my sleep schedule I stay up pretty late on my nights off. On those nights I tend to take a flashlight with me when I head for the bathroom because every once in a while the power does go out.

12. HappyStuffing

lol, well said :)

13. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

do people empty their pockets when they go to bathroom? i bring everything in with me. i have never thought anything of it

14. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

I do this as well. There's not much else to do in there, might as well take something to entertain yourself. A knife, light, lighter, or some way to browse the forums are usually with me in there.

I don't really empty my pockets before I go in there, but often I'll have just gotten out of bed when nature calls so I'm not dressed yet. That's when I grab my favorite item of the week. ;D

15. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

If in the shower, my handgun is under my towel next the shower, my phone is on top of the towel and a flashlight is either on the counter top or in the shower with me.
    If I'm "dropin a chop"....handguns on the counter top, next to the phone & flashlight and the Xoom is usually in my hands browsing the forums.

16. meanoldbobber

meanoldbobber Loaded Pockets

I usually use my bathroom time to ogle my latest purchase in peace, before my wife finds out about it.
    It gives me time to practice the old.....I've had this quite a while honey, I can't believe you've never seen it before schtick.

17. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

no. i hardly ever edc into toilet.

if i am just leaving the house i might have my stuff in my pants, but normally i go there before filling all my pockets. so no.

that said, i do have a knife (mora) and flashlight in there already :). they dont leave the bathroom. meant to be used in case of emergency only. (i have once locked myself inside and the lock seized, so i had to break the door to get out.. so i rather have a some kind of tool to use to go thru the door.) i do also have teacandles there. matches and magazines/book along with "normal" bathroom stuff.

edc to shower.. no. not really. i might take my newest flashlight there to check the waterproofing. but thats rare. that said: in winter when its dark, when going to shower just before going to bed.. i do take and use a flashlight with me into the dressingroom that is infront of the shower, but that is just so i dont have to turn on the normal lights in the hallway on again.. (i turn them off hours before i actually go to sleep) -but i do use the ceiling lights inthe shower so i dont use the flashlight there.

18. Scottyzedinosaur

Scottyzedinosaur Loaded Pockets

I like browsing countycomm and the forums in the bathroom and shower. Countycomm simply fascinates me...I love little gadgets.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

19. pinksalmon

pinksalmon Loaded Pockets

I don't pocket dump to take a dump

20. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

I usually play with my phone while on the throne, guess that counts? ;D