1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who has the Boker Subcom Titan ?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Millman55, May 25, 2010.

1. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

I don't have one....but I wants it.......it's my birthday......must resist.....must resisssssst

resistance was futile....got mine from EDC Depot

2. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Just received mines from the local dealer. Really nice fit and finish, there's even a little hex wrench included for adjusting the clip or pivot screw. Handle has a nice finish with rubber inserts. Appears the handles are solid Ti (versus the liner/plastic handle config on the regular Subcoms) Didn't know that these were serialized too. I wonder if these are a limited run?

Anyways awesome work Chad!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Millman55

Millman55 Loaded Pockets

4. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

I hope they make a wharncom model in ti as well. Here's mine.

[​IMG]

5. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

I just got my Subcom Titan today, I have to say I'm kind of disappointed. It's impossible for me to open the thing with 1 hand, no matter how much I loosen that screw. It's also missing a clip screw. With it opened (by 2 hands) and in hand, it doesn't quite feel too comfortable, doesn't really feel like it's for human hands. but I agree with what a lot have said, it feels locked in the hand. Any tricks to opening this thing 1 handed?

6. dyril

dyril Loaded Pockets

The sweet spot of the thumbstud is found nearly in between the thumbstud and the lanyard hole, but farther away from the lanyard hole. Place your thumbnail or thumb's side there. Placing it too much over the other way makes the blade opening compete too much with your ability to hold the handle.

I've found that it's easier to grip if the clip is attached, meaning it's harder as a leftie. Regardless of a clip, a lanyard helps. That is what I do with my Wharcom: I rest the knife on my index and middle fingertips' sides, grasp the lanyard with ring and pinky, and flick it open via thumb.

7. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

Thanks, still cannot get it, isn't that sweetspot just for the FRN models as the Titan has a smaller tumbstud?

EDIT: I'm sorry, where are my manners? Thanks!

8. dyril

dyril Loaded Pockets

9. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

Both of mine opens fine one handed, does yours have excessive resistance when open with two hands? The detent ball may not be set deep enough into the lock bar and create too much resistance.

10. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

No, don't be sorry, I do appreciate your input, I'll watch those videos and see if I may be able to get anything out of them, thanks!

You know, I think it is the detent ball, once it gets opened a little, it's fine. It feels a lot like it's being held shut by a strong magnet. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this little guy, it feels too awkward in my hand.

11. ZoomFlight15

ZoomFlight15 Loaded Pockets

Does anyone know where this is still available (and will ship to Canada)?

Everyone seems to be sold out...

12. JP

JP Loaded Pockets

There are some on ebay.ca in the USA. 34 usd plus 14 usd in shipping. I bought a boker once from Caledon2 on ebay.ca with no problems. Ask if they will get any in.

13. ZoomFlight15

ZoomFlight15 Loaded Pockets

crap, i must have just missed it. thanks anyway!

14. Henriq

Henriq Loaded Pockets

I have the exact same problem. Must be the detent ball that is not set deep enough. I will probably disassemble it and give it at tap with a small hammer.

15. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Aloha defloyd,

Send that thing back in...you should have NO problems opening it one handed, and missing a clip screw??? Not good. DO send it back to Boker, and they will replace it because you are experiencing problems that should not exist with the Ti-Com...or ANY knife for that matter! AND do add that, "Chad said so!"

Opening techniques...simple: PRESS on the stud with the meaty part of your thumb while opening until you feel/hear the knife lock engage. I have done this for years, and can open about any knife with either an cutout/stud/disk safely. Try fancier openings later...

Sorry for the problems you are having, but Boker WILL resolve them IF they are valid issues, and IMHO...your Ti-Com has issues!!! Also my apologies in that the ergos do not fit you, and I have never heard the SubCom as not being made for human hands!!! Good one...

God bless and mahalo much!

16. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Aloha Henriq,

You have my apologies as well, and do follow the same "route" as my previous post...OR just "beark it in" a bit longer, and see if that helps.

God bless and regards to all my knife buds in Sweden!

17. BCKane

BCKane Empty Pockets

Not sure if you are still interested, but i believe "yourcornerstore.com" does ship to Canada (could be wrong though) and they should be getting more of the titan's in stock tomorrow. Might want to give them a call and check it out.

18. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

Hey, a response from THE man himself! I don't know how I missed this before, but I had already sent the Titan back to EDC Depot and they hooked me up with store credit. I always read and watch reviews before I buy things and I did watch and read many on the Subcom folders and there was a lot of praise for the ergos (and other things as well), so I was rather surprised that it felt so awkward in my hands, so I like to just assume they are all weird, not me lol. Possibly aliens. I feel bad that I had returned such a beautiful knife and a knife of a great designer / someone who actually visits these forums and personally addresses each customer and their problems, but on the bright side, I have a Keycom on the way and I will most definitely be getting a Trance and a Subcom FB in the future.

Many thanks for taking your time to help me and my apologies for my late response. Take care, Floyd.

19. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

I wish I hadn't bothered to get one...it's really sharp, and very lightweight...it also has a lousy lock up, and the blade isn't centered. It is the only Boker I own that I am not happy with.
    I also own 3 other Subcoms(black plain edge, a tan and a grey/green) and two drop point Trances, they are all perfect.

20. A3C86

A3C86 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Got Mine for my B-Day!