1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who had a GITD superball as a kid?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by niagaratac, Mar 29, 2011.

1. niagaratac

niagaratac Loaded Pockets

I just received my forum GITD Manix2 today after 24 days in customs. Darn Canadian customs!! @#$@!#

As i played with its glow ability I remembered back to being 8 and having a favorite GITD superball. I would charge it up with my bedside light before my mom made me turn lights out and have this little ball beside me. It amazed me, offered seemingly super powers to my self confidence in the dark and I am sure I thought it magical property endowed.

EDCF and Jon thank you for allowing me the opportunity to buy this little gem of a knife.

I honestly can't wait to go to bed and the sky to darken this eve. I have gone from 48 back to 8 again and as happy as I was as a school boy with my newest GITD item.

This one is just as magical and today is my favorite toy, above sports cars/boats and such that I own !!

The blade is centered perfect, lock up as great as other Spyderco Manix 2 I have seen, fast smooth flick deployment and great detent. All the core factors that make a good knife and Spyderco what they are.

Thanks Jon, I know it was a big labor of love, selflessly given to bring this to our hands!!!:dance:

2. mrpink

mrpink Banned

i like when its in your pocket and it starts to glow out of nowhere when you get in your car.

3. pathalogical

pathalogical Loaded Pockets

Glad you got your Moonglow. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. It's been 28 days since my tracking number was sent to me. It's being sent to my PO Box, as has other stuff, but never this long to wait. Hopefully it won't be much longer. At least they're arriving to the recipient in Canada. A recent thread by a UK buyer had theirs confiscated.

Was yours opened ?

Anxiously waiting........patiently.......

4. niagaratac

niagaratac Loaded Pockets

Yes mine had been opened and resealed in yellow tape and put in a Canada post box. It might have had something to do with it being shipped in envelope. Mine left March 3 and got here yesterday. Heck at least no one is getting bombed from mail to Canada from the USA, i hope stuff from overseas is scrutinzed even better!!

FYI expect to pay $23 in taxes to receive it.

What i like as well is it is way bigger then a Sage model which i was always disapointed in being to small with out chocking up in forward postion for me. This one is much bigger handles and is a perfect fit for my hand!!

By the way when I woke this morning at 5:30 AM she was still glowing from nite before.

I went and bought one of those mini UV keychain lights today so i can super charge it tonight!!!!!!! hehehe How i can decide to burn hour of work off to do this crap is crazy.

5. pathalogical

pathalogical Loaded Pockets

It has arrived ! I just picked up my Moonglow at the post office today. Funny though, it arrived at my p.o box on the 29th, like my post above. Paid $22.98. It took 28 days to arrive at my box. This knife is super huge and very glowy just from the bit of daylight it has already seen. Ya think these customs guys could be a little neater when opening an open ended box with slide out tray....nooooo, they had to rip the end of the tray open, then slide it out ! Now, how do I get their finger prints of the blade ? Oh well, I guess they musta had fun glowing it to death !!!