1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who EDCs portable USB power?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by CasperEDC, Jan 24, 2013.

1. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

I've got a little power pack made by duracel (sp?) in my bag. gives my phone a couple of hours extra charge. recharges from a USB port.
    In theory, I could also power anything else that charges from a USB port. just needs the right connector.

2. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

I don't EDC it, but I have a Brunton Inspire. I only carry it when I know I'll be away from power for a bit (like when I'm hiking or camping).

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4 Beta

3. Jon_Garfio

Jon_Garfio Loaded Pockets

4. PaTom

PaTom Loaded Pockets

Again I find another topic to spend money on. Something I couldn't live without.

Just after I got this together we took the family away and this was put through the test. It performed brilliantly. Four kids two parents four iPhones a touch a pad and a droid.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I hope those show up first time with tapatalk

SAKplumber likes this.
  5. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Merged my thread with an older thread on chargers...

Feedbacker and powerring like this.
  6. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

I just got an Anker Astro E4 13000mHz dual post charger on Amazon. It came with 4 adapters and a USB cord that can take any of them. It has one for the iPhone(pre Lightening Charger) and one of the adapters is used to charge the Astro E4.
    As it happens my ZaggFolio Keybord for my iPad2 uses the same adapter so I don't have to edc the charger cord for the keyboard as long as I have the AstroE4's. I'm charging my keyboard right now:D

[​IMG]

One port is 1amp for phones and the other is 2amp for tablets. It cost about $60+ and came with an 18 month warranty.

AK Adventurer and SurvivePenna like this.
  7. weylan

weylan Loaded Pockets

I did a gathering of the ones I use on a weekly basis.
    I have a wife and child who has electronics.
    2x iPads
    2x iPhones
    Psp vita
    Nintendo 3DS

And we go places so these can help us make a weekend with no power and travel in the car, keeping every one entertained.

We even make a 20 hr trip every one using electronics and had power still when we got there.

The worst is having the device dead when I want to use it because they were "done with it" and it is out of power.

[​IMG]

8. weylan

weylan Loaded Pockets

Oh, I charge them all at work or by solar power and that is why there are so many and aquired over time.
    While they may last the weekend, it can take 3 full days and nights to get them all recharged.

SAKplumber likes this.
  9. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Thanx for posting this...

Found the answer to a problem I've had for quite awhile now.

Will post which one I get (portable charger) after I do a little more research.

SAKplumber likes this.
  10. Bogwan

Bogwan Loaded Pockets

Which one of all of those would you consider your favorite?

11. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Update:
    I love this charger! I used it several times while camping this weekend. Spent almost all day on the iPad2. When I was at 75% with the screen on it charged it enough to run it for a couple of hours without the battery percentage going down at all. It did slightly go up but I eventually got done and let the screen lock. Thats when it jumped up to %96 before I unplugged it and got back on the Forum:D
    The next day I plugged it in and left. When I returned the iPad was charged all the way up and the Astro E4 had turned itself off.
    I used it a couple more times on the iPhones and never had any issues.

I never ran it all the way down before charging it up. I only topped of the batteries of the 4s' a couple of times and the iPad once, but it is super easy to use and very large amount of charge.

I'm very happy with it. Oh, and I forgot to mention that it has a 1 led light too:rofl:

12. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Sounds like it may be a winner...

My family is constantly "on the go" and between all of us there are 2 IPad's, 2IPods, 4 cells, a PSP, and 2 DS's...

Oh yeah, and 2 kindle fire's and I'm sure that there's more I'm forgetting!!! Oh yeah... the laptop! :frantic:

Needless to say there is always something that's needing charged and sometimes there's a fight for who gets to use the 2 12 volt ports in the car.

I think one of these is in my near future.

How much research did you do before purchasing SakP???

I see that there is now an Anker Astro E5 out, but I haven't found a ton of reviews on it.

Did you consider the E5 before getting the E4; and if so, why?

Thanx again.

13. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

I've been very happy with my RavPower RP07. Same function as SakPlumber's but slightly lower mAh.

I also have a box that will take 4x 18650 cells and 3 sets of batteries I can use.

14. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Huh...an E5 you say?...Didn't remember seeing that one. Honestly I looked up the most mHz I could afford:p

I didn't see any reviews for it either but the web pages I looked at looked more put together. When I got it in the mail I was impressed. The packaging and paperwork that came with it was nice. Warranty info card, etc.

Over the weekend I gat an email from Anker...

15. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

just tried to get it and of course, can't ship to canada.. gah!!1

16. FrozenMuffin

FrozenMuffin Loaded Pockets

Ahhh. Every time I visit the Electronics Forums I add a couple things to my wish list. This is now one of them. Thanks SAK :cry:

SAKplumber likes this.
  17. dc0m

dc0m Empty Pockets

Bought a Anker Slim3 6000mAh backup charger this past weekend. I was looking for something slim, lightweight (so I can throw it in my EDC bag and forget about it), and had integrated cables (so I wouldn't have to carry extra cords). The Slim3 was all of that combined; it was slim, only weighted approx. 4 ozs. and had 1 full size USB port and an integrated micro-USB cord. The built-in micro-USB cord is perfect for charging my Nexus 4; now I don't have to bring / worry about forgetting the micro-USB cable.

I'll do a full review on the charge rates / speed and its capabilities when it arrives later this week.

18. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

SAKplumber likes this.
  19. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

SAKplumber likes this.
  20. dc0m

dc0m Empty Pockets

The Anker Slim3 just came in today. Out of the package it was about 75% charged. I like the simplicity of the charger - 4 LEDs to denote the charge left, the micro-USB connector can be stowed away, out of sight. And it charges via any regular USB to micro-USB (like a phone charger). Here's the charger itself and the "accessories" it came with:
    [​IMG]

SAKplumber likes this.