1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who EDCs portable USB power?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by CasperEDC, Jan 24, 2013.

1. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've got this one...snapped a quick pic cause I don't remember where I got it. I keep a couple of AA Eneloops in it. It also has an led on the top if you need an emergency light. I forgot it had that...that means I carry 6 or 7 lights at work:eek:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by SAKplumber, Nov 4, 2013
  2. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

How's that working out for you? hehe The 2xAA wasn't enough for me, so I'm glad I have the G10+ now. But I do keep it around anyhow. :)

SAKplumber likes this.
  3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'd like the G10+, too. I haven't used this once:) But I have it:p thanks for helping me find it.:)

4. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

:3 The G10+ also has the "emergency LED."

SAKplumber likes this.
  5. WESBC

WESBC Loaded Pockets

I made this yesterday. I basically repackaged a USB charger similar to the one found at the top of this page into the container that my Apple ear buds came in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 2 Samuel 22

2 Samuel 22 Loaded Pockets

Very nice! What is the mAh capacity?

7. UrbanWarrior

UrbanWarrior Loaded Pockets

I have one of those Duracell chargers. I bought it when they first came out and never opened it. I don't remember where it is at the moment. LOL. I'm currently looking for one which is small, solor/AA/AAA powered. I like the Looks of the G10.

I do keep one of those USB things that plugs into the car for charging my Galaxy S3.

RexHavoc likes this.
  8. HyperionScout32
    • In Omnia Paratus

HyperionScout32 Loaded Pockets

My portable USB-Power is a small battery pack (5V 2200mAh) which recharges my samsung one and a half times.;)
    try┬┤n in the near future to get a solar-powered as back up.

mooshisho likes this.
  9. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Has anybody had experience with these off-brand type solar chargers from the 'Bay? >> here <<

I love my GZ G10+/N7 setup. I usually will have my G10+ around, but I was thinking off tossing one of those off-brand ones on my dash as a backup to my backup. O_O Crazy? Maybe. But there have been times where I've forgotten the G10+ on the charger at home. I'd rather have one of these (if servicable) on the dash continuously charging and able to pick up and go than have a car charger and have to keep the car running. And I don't particularly want to keep my G10+/N7 setup on my dash either - the N7's supposed to be for emergencies and when I go camping. :confused:

10. e2dwml

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

Sure don't have any experience with them but for the price you can hardly go wrong unless of course it's a complete dud. Unfortunately for me it's not worth getting one cause the battery capacity isn't really all that big enough to charge the iPhone. Otherwise I'd get one just to try.

11. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

I recently purchased a Targus 90W laptop charger with a built in 2.1 amp USB charger and a 2000 mAh USB chargeable battery for $30 from Woot. I already had one of the 90W laptop chargers and it's great. It works with a huge variety of laptops plus provides enough amperage to charge almost any tablet, including the power hungry iPad 4. The battery included in this version is also very nice. It has a fast charging time and a simple LED energy meter on top, something which a lot of inexpensive USB batteries don't include.

The combo was a great value at the price and the functionality might replace a lot of components in your packs if you carry a laptop and tablet/cell phone chargers and backup batteries. The Woot deal is gone but it might be a combo worth looking out for. A link to the product page is below:

http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?regionId=7&sku=APM035US&PageName=Chargers%20for%20Laptops%20&%20Portables%20by%20Targus%20USA&productCategoryId=23&bucketTypeId=0&searchedTerms=&navlevel1=&cp=&bannertxt=Chargers%20for%20Laptops%20%26%20Portables

12. k.o.milo

k.o.milo Loaded Pockets

13. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Yeah. The capacity on the one I linked to isn't great. For about $25.00 I could get one with a higher capacity, but then I face losing out on $25.00 if it's a dud. :( Decisions, decisions. :p

14. RubberToRoad

RubberToRoad Loaded Pockets

Sorry, I've been busy. No, never did find the link. I'll try to dig it up before I get to work here in a few

Sent from my ridiculously large Galaxy Note 2.

15. RubberToRoad

RubberToRoad Loaded Pockets

16. yoitsBUSS

yoitsBUSS Loaded Pockets

I've got an Anker Astro 5600mAh backup that I carry when I know I'm gonna be away from my house for more than 24hrs. Seeing as I quit smoking cigs and started vaping, it can be a real lifesaver when my ecig battery dies. I might be addicted to the internet, but I can deal w/o it if I have to - nicotine is another story lol

17. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I don't miss being tethered to a battery with my ecig. 18650 will last me a couple days, and a spare is small enough to toss in a pocket. On the other hand, back when I did carry portable USB chargers, they came in handy for all sorts of things.

I have a Kensington portable power thing in my edc bag, about the size of a credit card, quarter inch thick maybe. Will give me a full charge or so on my phone. I've been wanting one of the larger ones to keep filled up in the event of a longer term power outage or even for a weekend of camping "off the grid" (or as off as you can be while still carrying a phone for emergencies) but I haven't made the plunge yet. 10k-18k mah or so would be ideal

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

18. yoitsBUSS

yoitsBUSS Loaded Pockets

I wish I could carry around my VAMO more often, but people end up thinking I'm sucking on a bomb detonator lol. I'm also a bit of a chain vaper, and have killed an AW IMR 18650 in a day on a couple occasions when alcohol is involved :/ I carry an Ego Twist w/ passthrough, and throw a 3in USB in my pocket if I think it's going to be a long night.

19. callsan

callsan Loaded Pockets

I carry a New Trent Icarrier 12000mAh- I can charge my phone 5x or 6x before I have to recharge it....from like 3%-100% pretty fast too... It normally sits in my car or my gadget bag. I also had once upon a time a APC small USB one...It works alright...I had one fry on me we had a surge on the boat...the return process was quick and simple...I thought I was going to throw it away but they honored their warranty...

20. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I think I'm gonna cave and buy a 10k+ mah charger and integrate it into my haz4 kato. With a little cable routing, I should be able to keep my phone and tablet charged up on the go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mooshisho likes this.