1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who EDCs portable USB power?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by CasperEDC, Jan 24, 2013.

1. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

Yep. I carry a Duracell Powerhouse. It's compact but it has a lot of juice for the size and weight.

2. littlequick
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

littlequick EDC junkie

For amateur power, it's okay. Liking the size so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Yes, that's a Johnson & Johnson buck box)

SAKplumber likes this.
  3. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I'm using the iGo PowerXtender with different tips for different phones - it's powered by 2xEneloops. Since I'm all AA-based anyways, it also serves as a spare battery container for a variety of other electronic gadgets I might have... or vice versa and I can cannibalize from other devices to feed my phone, depending upon priorities.

Also have the GZ Guide 10+ for more capacity/options.

4. RubberToRoad

RubberToRoad Loaded Pockets

I carry the largest energizer portable power I could find. Will recharge my Thunderbolt about 10 times OR I can use it continuously while running my phone as a GPS when hiking. Since its a power hog (my phone) it has been invaluable.

I take it when the wife and I go camping so I can keep our phones charged all weekend long and I had to use it once when I realized post-camp site arrival that I had forgotten to charge up my Kindle.

I'll step out for a second and see if I can find a link to it. They make smaller versions of the one I have but I can never buy small. LoL

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

5. computermike

computermike Loaded Pockets

I've been eying Goal Zero as well. Just need the scratch...

blt2drg likes this.
  6. New_Pollution1086
    • In Omnia Paratus

New_Pollution1086 Loaded Pockets

I edc a USB cord, but no power pack of any kind. At work usually I can find a port to borrow for a bit.

In my OSK (oh $**t kit) or emergency bag, or bob, or whatever you call it on this forum, I have a Brunton solo I bought a couple years back. Good for one full charge on my phone.

T

Translated from chiwawa singing in Spanish

7. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I've wanted one of those for a while, but I can't ever find one that jumps out at me. I recently bought a Goal 0 Nomad 7 Guide 10 Plus Adventure Kit and can't wait for to get enough time off to test it.

8. Gvdocholiday

Gvdocholiday Loaded Pockets

My hunting bag always has enough juice carried to recharge my razrs battery three times if need be. Usually I can surf all day in stand and only need to plug it in the last hour or so.

Live from the stand...

9. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

I carry a giant newtrent, 2 sharper image mini portable batteries and 2 no name 2xAAA lookin batteries in a condor pouch

10. 2 Samuel 22

2 Samuel 22 Loaded Pockets

Depending on where I am going I alternate between the GoalZero Guide 10+ and the NewTrent NT120T.

11. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

I pack a small "power and connection kit" to keep my stuff charged: an Amazon Kindle AC/USB adapter (0.85A, enough to charge my iPhone 4 almost as fast as the factory adapter, but it's much flatter and easier to pack), short (3") iDevice / Mini USB / MicroUSB cables, and a 30" USB extension cable.

The only device I *really* need to keep charged is the iPhone 4; when the power went out for six days after Superstorm Sandy (YOU BITCH!), I got by thanks to a Belkin 2A 12V/USB adapter in my truck, and the BoostCase phone case and backup battery. Unlike the Mophie JuicePack set-up, the BoostCase consists of a compact protective shell for the phone, and a clip-on battery pack that adds about 150% of the stock battery capacity. So I don't have to keep the battery attached when I don't need it, but when I do, it's snaps on in seconds, and lasts for days.

I've been eyeing an iPad Mini; if I got that way, I'll consider one of those USB battery packs, but for now my set-up is simple and effective, and I like it that way.

mooshisho likes this.
  12. fmf1854

fmf1854 Loaded Pockets

13. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Loaded Pockets

14. OreoGaborio

OreoGaborio Loaded Pockets

The only thing I ever need to recharge is my iPhone. I used to have a Mophie Juice Pack Plus but it got "relocated"...

I really liked it & almost bought another, but instead of buying a replacement I just bought a 3 pack of amazon iphone cables.... one for home, one for my bag, one for my truck. Phone almost never drops below 20%.

I sure do like gadgets, though ;)

15. e2dwml

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

I have a small, slightly larger than lipstick size but same shape, battery charger that I got on sale from all4cellular for $5 including shipping. It's small and compact and it'll almost give me one complete charge on my iPhone 5. Not bad for $5. But I'd really like to get the Goal Zero Guide 10 Plus Small Adventure Kit which is currently on my Amazon Wish List.

mooshisho likes this.
  16. Erasergirl

Erasergirl Loaded Pockets

Mophie Juice Pack Universal Boost Quick Charge 2000 mAh external battery charger for iPhone 3G/3GS
    because my iphone is in the Defender Otterbox, i had to buy the 30 pin extender.
    i adore it, it will charge my phone about twice before it needs refilling.
    basically i just charge it after everytime i use it

I never have to stress about running the phone down, which takes a lot of stress out of my day.
    last summer someone i was vacationing with drowned and i was the only one with internet access
    i just kept the mophie charging the entire time.

17. mraif

mraif Loaded Pockets

I love those little J & J boxes!

littlequick likes this.
  18. shokthx

shokthx Loaded Pockets

I'm only familiar with the Energizers like little quick is showing. Did you find a link to yours?
    I'm only familiar with the Energizers like littlequick's. Did you find a link to yours?

19. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I tossed my setup on the dash:
    [​IMG]
    Worked out very well for the weekend that I was working the Tet Festival and didn't have anywhere to charge my phone (I was an idiot and didn't bring the car charger). I like that I can charge my phone AND my GZ G10+ at the same time off of this panel.

If you're getting the Adventure Kit, make sure it's the newer one with the mesh pocket. The older model kinda sucks in terms of design, IMHO. GZ will replace it for free if you do end up getting the old one though; you'll just have to wait a couple of days after talking to customer service (which are great people, btw!).

I'm not sure if you can use the REI coupons on the GZ products, but if you can, the Adventure Kit would be a better deal there. It's $120.00 (- coupon discount, if applicable) and comes with a flashlight. :) Or if you want a Rock Out speaker thingie, check the GZ booth at Costco during their road shows. $130.00. :)

e2dwml and SAKplumber like this.
  20. Rocket1

Rocket1 Loaded Pockets

I won a Mili Power Angel for my iPhone last year. It works well it will almost fully charge my iPhone when its dead. I don't think it's too expensive compared to others. I bought my mom a cheap battery pack at Radio Shack when I went in for something else. I think it was $10. It's the size of a credit card and she uses it a lot because she never remembers to charge her phone. She likes it a lot since she's never had a dead phone now.

I really like the GoalZero units and will probably pick one up to carry around.

mooshisho likes this.