1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who EDC's a "lucky charm," or something personal and special to them?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by beachlover, Apr 14, 2006.

1. swordscholar

swordscholar Empty Pockets

I've taken to carrying a lock of my dog's hair that was snipped off of him after we had to let him pass on a couple weeks ago. One of the hardest things in my life and I can't imagine being without him on even this rudimentry level. Ryan

2. rhazkhal

rhazkhal Loaded Pockets

I've wore the same bracelet for more than 12 years now not once I've taken it off, cause it just cant! Me and 12 of my cousins got it at some tribal folks in a small town in the Philippines they were selling it on the roadside, and now there's only 3 of us who still have 'em. I guess this is my longest running EDC...

The bracelet is made out of Ivory beads that is attached to a paracord like rope!!!

3. dual-primed

dual-primed Empty Pockets

A silver St George's medal. Patron saint of soldiers. My wife gave it to me while we were dating. It's all grimey now, though.

4. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

Here's my latest keychain charm...

its a shield with a cross on it, the has Joshua 1:9b printed in it... bought at christianbook.com

[​IMG]

5. TexasGun

TexasGun Empty Pockets

My G.I. issue stainless cross on dog tag chain(w/ cuff key), never comes off.

6. JPTP

JPTP Empty Pockets

I have three. First one is a US Flag lapel pin. I was wearing it on 9/11. I have lost it many times but have always found it. 2 a challenge coin I got as a gift when I made Staff Sargent. 3 is a Leatherman Micra that i got as a gift in 1995 or 96.

7. baz

baz Empty Pockets

I've carried a $2 bill in my wallet for years. I tell myself that as long as I have that, I'm not broke, and it motivates me to believe that I can always find a way of getting by without spending it.

8. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

I had one of those. Cant find it for some reason. Shield of Faith.

9. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

yup that's the name!!! bought in christianbook.com.

10. FinnFreak

FinnFreak Empty Pockets

i carry always,never take away from my neck,this self made forged pretty rough Thors hammer in chain.

11. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

I have a few, all linked to my wife.
    First is a penny from St. Simons island (off of Georgia) we each put a penny in one of those machines that flattens and stamps a penny into a keepsake. Its from when we got married ala justice of the peace in the salt marshes on the island. We both wanted to get married, but couldn't afford a "real" ceremony. Her parents don't approve of me so there was no way they were gonna help out. The others are two Bahamian one dollar bills and a gift coin from out first annivesary.

12. EDC EVERYTHING

EDC EVERYTHING Empty Pockets

I carry my fathers diamond ring that he left for me when he passed. :angel:It has always brought me good luck plus I feel naked with out it.

13. natabat

natabat Empty Pockets

I just got a custom made ring with that phrase (in Hebrew) engraved on it from an Etsy seller. The inner band freely rotates around the outer band. It serves the same purpose, and it also gives me something to fidget with when I'm bored.

[​IMG]

14. Irwin J. Finster

Irwin J. Finster Loaded Pockets

Carry a set of high grade loaded dice, and corresponding normal ones. Always brought me more luck than I deserve............... ;D

15. rongoms

rongoms Empty Pockets

i always carry a scrap of my family tartan (MacLellan) and a cap badge from the Camerionians Scottish Rifles.

Long stories, both.

16. Nex~gen

Nex~gen Empty Pockets

I´m not very religious but i carry a little stamp i found in one of my dads old books from school, I had it with me since i was 8.

17. vivek16

vivek16 Loaded Pockets

I carry a pebble. It's about a 2" circle and 1/2" thick. I have used it as a small sharpening stone, but it's just something to play with. :)

I've had it for 5 or 6 years.

-Vivek

18. ronnin6

ronnin6 Loaded Pockets

I carry three a Buddha charm on my neck, a challenge coin that i got at Bragg (3/8 fa) and an airborne scroll that i took of my old bdu's

19. Julian1066

Julian1066 Empty Pockets

I have several. In my left trouser pocket I have an l8l2 British penny with a hole punched in it; it had belonged to my dad for over 60 years. On the ring finger of my right hand I have a silver ring made of a lucky l925 sixpence. On my keyring rides my old dog tag from Vietnam. Round my neck, centered on the chain that holds the sheath for my CRKT N.E.C.K. is a silver crucifix that has been touched to a relic of the True Cross of Christ. And the three luckiest charms of all, my three EDC knives: a Benchmade balisong, an Applegate Fairbairn Mini Covert, and that CRKT neck. Whew that's a lotta stuff! Oh yes, how could I forget? I have a pocket rosary (the flat metal kind) in a side pocket of my wallet. :woohoo:

20. Alexipax

Alexipax Empty Pockets

I've added a simple paracord fob to my keychain - it was my 6 year old son's first attempt at a snake sinnet. I'm thrilled that he's interested in knot tying and proud of his good work. I smile every time I see it. :buckteeth:

[​IMG]