1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who DOESN'T use a case for his smartphone ?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Millman55, Sep 18, 2012.

1. wildborego

wildborego EDC Junkie!!!!!

i have broken and destroyed a phone without a case, not since getting a case has this happened to me

2. Harleyuki

Harleyuki Empty Pockets

My Rezound is in an Otterbox, phone was too slim to use comfortably without. It fits well in a shirt pocket with no concern about it falling out. Every phone I get must have some sort of protection, I'm looking at future resale. I have never used a screen protected

3. Alwaystcb

Alwaystcb Loaded Pockets

I just upgraded to the Motorola RAZR M just for this reason. Not that it is bullet proof, but very close.

Corning Gorllia Glass Test

4. fanshawe

fanshawe Loaded Pockets

No case or screen protector here. My last few HTCs screens haven't scratched at all even when the case has.

5. awoodby

awoodby Empty Pockets

I have a belt holster thingy that holds the naked phone pretty firmly. Don't want to double the size of an already rather large thunderbolt with a case.

6. mzil

mzil Loaded Pockets

I just got a new iphone 5 and it seems more like it would be more easily damaged in a hard fall to asphalt than my last phone, so I broke down and bought a very slim case that I hope is thick enough to absorb the shock. The case adds hardly any bulk so I like that about it. I also had a screen protector professionally applied that seemed to have trapped air bubbles underneath, but after a day they have all vanished, so I'm a happy camper.

7. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

I juggle (unsuccessfully) my phone often. I usually can manage to get my foot under it before it hits the floor but sometimes it ends up being a punt.

Ill keep my case on spanx :)

Sent from my Mobile Command Center via Tapatalk II

8. Southpaw

Southpaw EDC Junkie!!!!!

Umm..I like my iPhone too much to get a diff type of phone. I've learned my lesson not using a case when I had an iPod touch and cracked the screen.

So now I have a case for my phone that cost me $11 buckaroos

9. Prybry

Prybry Loaded Pockets

I don't use a case on my Droid X, mainly because I have a charging dock to put it into every night...
    The dock barely fits the phone without a case... no chance with one.
    I have my dock sitting on my dresser, so the phone goes into a clock mode automaticly when I place it into the dock.
    This also means I never have a battery issue since it is topped off to 100% every morning, and I can use every feature including the GPS without losing the battery.
    No one else using a dock for charging here?

10. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

Well, I dropped my HTC rezound yesterday and it landed in such a way as to crack the screen. This isn't the first time I've dropped it, but it was the first time that it had something pointy hit the screen instead of landing flat on the screen which has happened before without incident. Well, that's what I have insurance for. I should be getting new phone on Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't wait as this loaner phone is slow by comparison.

I'm mobile, baby!:D

11. Vesp
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vesp Loaded Pockets

I bougt a phone that can handle my use. Sony Ericsson Experia Active. Don't need a case.
    When it get's dirty or something, I just wash it.. :p
    [​IMG]

12. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

Gotta love them mil-spec phones.

Vesp likes this.
  13. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Galaxy S3 with otterbox commuter and spg oleophobic screen protector running 4.1.1.

14. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

I dont really see why you would need extra protection particular when riding a jeep or any of those cases. Every time you have your phone in the hand is an opportunity to drop it on the floor, the one scenario i have seen happen a few times in when the phone is on the desk, and people push it down on the floor by accident while eating. nothing to do with physical activity. And using two different phones for each activity sounds like alot more trouble than just using a cover like the magpuls for iphone (a very slim cover, yet very protective). Also quite a hassle to change SIM-card when entering the gym, potentional you will drop both phones on the floor.
    If you think apple designed iphone 3-4 so they could withstand a drop - you are wrong, I my self have destroyed the screen on a 3g from a 35 cm drop. from my sofa. When people engage in physical activity, most people will think about placement of valuable items, like key's, phone and wallet. when you talk to people with cracked iphone screens, most of them are like, "it fell out of my pocket in school, while sitting down." so a second phone is not the cure - a cover is.

15. Mighty Max
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

Ive owned a couple of phones, htc dash, touch pro 2, galaxy s, Evo, Evo 3D, and I have never used a case. I dont think I have ever dropped a phone.
    That said, I still manage to ruin them with scratches on the battery cover and eventually the screen. They always look beat up. And I still cant bring myself to put a case on my phone.

16. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

Mine went bouncing twice in the same day! Once was from a distance of abt 8 ft onto parking lot. It landed on top right corner at a angle (yea slow motion ohhhh noooo view) traveling at a decent velocity. If I wouldn't have had this trident case, it would have str8 up, blown up

Sent from my Mobile Command Center via Tapatalk II

17. gadgeteer

gadgeteer Loaded Pockets

I get cases sent to me all the time to review for the-gadgeteer.com, but still don't like using them on my phones. That said, I have a back cover for my Samsung Galaxy S3 that I've been using for several weeks. It's really thin and adds some grip to what is otherwise a very slippery phone.

18. Dagor

Dagor Empty Pockets

For me a Smartphone is a tool. It's okay if it get's some scratches as long as it works without any problems. So I don't use a case for my HTC Desire. It has fallen several times on the ground. At least 3 or 4 times from about 1,2m (~4ft)on the street and even more often indoor from tables. The case has a lot of scratches, but the screen looks as new.

[​IMG]

Mighty Max likes this.
  19. Mateo4183

Mateo4183 Loaded Pockets

I have a Casio Commando. No case necessary. :)

20. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

+1