1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who conceals a revolver, and how?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Evil D, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Looking for carry options as well as what you're packing.

Please don't make this into a revolver vs. semi debate lol.

Pros, cons, holster brand/price are also welcome. Bonus point for pics of your rig on your person and/or "concealed".

I'm pretty much dead set on buying a small frame revolver soon, but the only thing holding me back is reliable, comfortable, concealed carry options. I don't mind a shoulder holster for colder months but I will definitely need something else for summer.

chaosmagnet and Grumpy521 like this.
  2. captainamerica

captainamerica Loaded Pockets

I carry a snub 357 in the front pocket or front IWB. It is my favorite but can be bulky in either carry mode depending on type of pants, etc. I love IWB in colder weather and with jeans. Part of me wants to get a 3" revolver but another part of me wants the XDS-45 3.3 inch and just keep on keeping on with the revolver.

Rfpd29 and Grumpy521 like this.
  3. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I sometimes carry a colt cobra either in my smart carry or a desantis sticky holster in underwear or pajamas.

I've also carried it loose in a jacket pocket before when I had to bundle up.

I don't do it much out of my home because the gun is a family heirloom and was discontinued before I was born...I'd rather not lose it into an evidence locker.

If I were to carry it or a newer one like it, I'd almost certainly make a fold-over kydex holster.

Grumpy521 likes this.
  4. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

This got me carrying again :)

[​IMG]

5. jonny8642

jonny8642 Loaded Pockets

every now and then it's my LCRx in a desantis owb. Small enough you can get away with it and the holster helps too.

Grumpy521 and ManVsLawn like this.
  6. WichitaJLJ
    • In Omnia Paratus

WichitaJLJ Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of the three pictured I only still have the LCR ; sold my Charter a couple of years ago and the Security Six payed for my new revolver a S&W Mountain Lite (7 round .357).
    In the 4 years I have CC'd regardless of the revolver (even steel K frames and Ruger Sixes) I have found that a hybrid holster combined with a GOOD belt makes any weight negligible. I carry at 3:00 every day

Rfpd29, huh, MedusaOblongata and 8 others like this.
  7. crinko

crinko Loaded Pockets

The only time I conceal a revolver is when my 442 is backup to my primary carry and I normally carry it on my ankle

Grumpy521 and ManVsLawn like this.
  8. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

I don't get to wear a jacket very often, but for occasional night walks in cooler weather, a SW442 in a Fobus paddle is the lightest wheel gun rig I have... I normally pocket carry a G42... blue kydex is hook/loop attached to keep away from skin

[​IMG]

9. Grumpy521

Grumpy521 Loaded Pockets

Custom pocket holster from a prison here in Texas.
    [​IMG]

Or

Custom IWB made at a prison in Kalifornia, right side kidney, butt out.

[​IMG]

10. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Umm....prison?

ManVsLawn, Grumpy521 and Dorian like this.
  11. Grumpy521

Grumpy521 Loaded Pockets

Yes, prison. Many prisons have leather shops and a couple of them have made custom holsters and belts for many years. The basket weave in the first pic came from the old death house at Huntsville. The other one came from the shop at a vocational prison in Cali. Both are OLD and were made for an uncle 9f mine who was a 20 year homicide.derective. I had always admired them so when he passed a couple of years back, they were given to me.

premise, jgonc, AK Adventurer and 6 others like this.
  12. eng1nerd

eng1nerd Loaded Pockets

When I carry my j-frame it's in a soco kydex LTX holster. Usually at 4 o'clock, sometimes appendix carry. Very comfortable, easily concealable (I'm only 5' 9" and 150lb). The retention is great too.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  13. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Smith & Wesson 642 j-frame in a DeSantis Nemesis, right front pocket. Alternately, S&W 64 k-frame 2" round butt, Lobo Gun Leather Enhanced Pancake OWB belt holster, under untucked shirt or jacket.

ManVsLawn and WichitaJLJ like this.
  14. Stutz

Stutz EDC Junkie

Ruger LCR in a High Noon Mr Softy, IWB at 3:00.

This is a pretty convenient setup and conceals well enough, but I think I'll get a different style of holster next time instead of one with the belt clip right on top of the gun (it makes the whole rig wider). However, it's a great value for $30, and well made. The LCR is really well thought-out for carry. It's crazy lightweight with the polymer frame, and the cylinder is not wide at all. I carry a speed strip in my coin pocket, which turns out to be a perfect place for a speed strip :cool:.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  15. Montyb

Montyb Empty Pockets

360pd at 3 IWB I'm a bigger guy so even a full size isn't too hard conceal but the little revolver is perfect with a few speed strips some of the old guys at work taught me how to use.

Holster is a galco full leather I found at the bargain cave at cabelas.

ManVsLawn and Grumpy521 like this.
  16. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

Many times a revolver is a very smart carry even if the revolver is wider than a semi auto. Because the center of mass moves from the grip to the cylinder it is easier for me to carry IWB. Plus, you can change grips to get a better concealment print.

Most of my carry problems are with concealment while moving. I can conceal a hockey stick if I'm just standing in front of the mirror.

jgonc, reppans, Stutz and 2 others like this.
  17. Grumpy521

Grumpy521 Loaded Pockets

Old guy..... I resemble that remark.

Rfpd29 and ManVsLawn like this.
  18. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

My 442 rides in a Galco Stow & Go either at 1 or 4 o'clock, depending what I'm wearing. I always carry two speed strips in my right rear pocket in a homemade pouch.

ManVsLawn likes this.
  19. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Well thanks for the ideas guys but this thing took me by surprise yesterday and put my revolver goals on hold. Dang plastic fantastic got me.

So, still in the market for a nice deep tuckable holster, just not for a revolver LOL.

[​IMG]

20. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the new Glock. Fine choice IMO.

I carry a Shield quite often, but when that's not practical, I carry the gun pictured below...

It ain't pretty, but it conceals like a dream. It's a dehorned 637-2 with a set of DeSantis Clip-Grips (with a couple layers of bicycle tube wrapped around it). Clips securely to any belt and really stays put. Exceptionally easy to draw and re-clip to the belt. Also, it doesn't interfere when I put the gun in a pocket holster. It's the only gun I carry without a holster.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk