1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who carries a neck knife and why?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by happykal, Jan 28, 2014.

1. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I only carry neck knives that are light and utilitarian.

Some of my favorites (in order of preference):
    • A.G.Russell Woodswalker
    • CRKT Neck Peck
    • BM TK-160 Tether Knife
    • Spyderco Swick (in custom kydex sheath)

Ironically, my preference is in inverse proportion to their cost. If I had a leaf point Swick, it would probably be at the top of the list, though.

catfishdan and vegassprky like this.
  2. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

I sometimes carry an ESEE Candiru around my neck. It's that or a Brous SS Ranger on my belt, weak hand side. I almost always have a pistol on me as well as a folder, but I carry the Candiru or Brous just in case I get stuck in a gun-grab scenario. My folder is in my right hand pocket, and I wouldn't be able to access it while holding my pistol my right hand.

[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk!

3. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

It took my a while to get used to & I still prefer pocketing them if I can, but if my pockets are full or when I'm in shorts or sweatpants I sometimes carry these on my neck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hate wearing belts so neck carry is the best alternative for me, I use a Black Diamond gear-sling in the cross-drawn position for larger fixed blades.

4. catfishdan
    • In Omnia Paratus

catfishdan Loaded Pockets

I love neck knives... Just not around my neck. Here's my favorites with the sheaths I use.
    [​IMG]

mpphoto and Here Comes The BOOM like this.
  5. Highbinder

Highbinder Loaded Pockets

Just posted this elsewhere but seems applicable here too. Love my opinel but always scared to misplace it. The kydex sheath is very secure and altogether it's super light. I wear it mostly in the Summer under my shirt and is especially handy when wearing shorts or a sarwell when I don't have pockets!

[​IMG]

Here Comes The BOOM likes this.
  6. Al Effendi

Al Effendi Loaded Pockets

I carry a Colonial Tat Cutter on a paracord necklace. It doesn't need a sheath. I originally carried it for emergencies, but I find myself using it for many cutting tasks.

7. Jby2206

Jby2206 Loaded Pockets

I carry a neck knife, but not around my neck. I carry it inside the waistband, the sheath has a clip that allows me to do that. I carry it strictly for self defense so it's razor sharp. I got the knife to free up pocket space, conceal better (you don't look at my pocket and see a clip), and because I believe that of you are carrying something that you may use to fight for your life with, it better not fail. It won't close on my fingers, it won't run out of ammo, it won't malfunction, no one can just grab it and take it away because they would have to grab the blade. I think everyone should carry a gun, but some people can't depending on laws, how they dress, or the job they do makes them move a lot (flashing a knife is a lot better than flashing a gun incase you didn't know :) ). That's why I carry a neck kni- ITW knife.

[​IMG]

By the way, I can draw my knife in ~1.5 seconds. :D