1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who carries a fixed blade all day?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Bushey, Dec 25, 2013.

1. BubbaFett
    • In Omnia Paratus

BubbaFett Loaded Pockets

Usually carry a folder but sometime I like to carry the Izula in a pocket sheath, just because I can. In some ways I'd prefer to carry it more, but I work in an environment where that would probably be scary for others. To be honest I'm surprised no one says anything about some of my folders.

2. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I carry at least two fixed blades at all times. One of these in my front left pocket...[​IMG]
    .....this IWB.....

[​IMG]

....then this in my cargo pocket....

[​IMG]
    This looks like mine except mine has a lanyard hole and I can't get my pics to work on the Forum for some reason.

Also, I'm working on a new KSF Pocket Sheath-this one will be a Hunter(meaning large) Sheath with my new Spydy Puuko, Titanium Embassy & Copper Maratac AAA until I can afford the Peak Eiger light.

Highbinder, humle, nwjavahead and 5 others like this.
  3. SpyderPrepper

SpyderPrepper Loaded Pockets

Sometimes I will carry a ridiculously large fixed blade to work just as a conversation piece, helps break the ice on some sales ;). If I carry a fixed blade outside of work it's usually a Sog SEAL pup or a Grohmann Canadian belt knife.

thekapow and Bushey like this.
  4. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

I just started carrying a Spyderco Street Beat that got for Christmas. It is wonderful!

warchild likes this.
  5. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

Does KSF make a rough-out pocket sheath ?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

6. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

You mean with the rough on the outside?

7. Nightrain2221

Nightrain2221 Loaded Pockets

I've never carried a fixed blade. Always been a folder kinda guy. But I'm currently trying to design a kydex sheath for my ESEE 4. Can't decide if I want to make it a boot knife or an IWB holster. I'll keep you guys posted.

warchild likes this.
  8. Fennbros

Fennbros Loaded Pockets

I carry an Izula in a KSF Allegheny sheath. There's something about EDC'ing a fixed blade that is awesome .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Bushey likes this.
  9. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

Is three fixed blades too many? And a friction folder in my cargo pocket?

10. Bushey

Bushey Loaded Pockets

Wow... awesome pics guys, keep them coming. I'm enjoying living vicariously though you! I can only wear mine around the house.;

To answer a previous question, sorta... If I were allowed to carry my Cold Steel Kobun, I would would, and I would probably use it several times a day. It would also serve a self-defense purpose. However my CRKT Sting would be a terrible choice, for both utility and self-defense. So I don't want to carry a fixed blade JUST to carry a fixed blade.

EDIT: Let me postulate another question? WHY are people afraid of fixed blade knives? Or folders for that matter...

11. zatoichi

zatoichi Loaded Pockets

I usually do not carry a fixed blade outside of my home. I live and work in the city. It is rare that I would need to use a fixed blade outside my home. Most tasks where I would use my multitool a couple times a week. My folder, once a month. Where I might use a fixed blade, my folder is good enough for almost all my tasks.

The times where I might carry a fixed blade, I typically carry my Fallkniffen or less commonly my BHK. I think it is a Scout. Hard to say because BHK has closed shop so I cannot access the site to figure out what model is my knife.

12. Toxic89

Toxic89 Empty Pockets

To the OP, I think you need to take another look at WA's knife laws, the only place that I know of that has a specific restriction on fixed blade knives is Seattle, and that says that any fixed blade over 3.5 in is illegal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

13. Toxic89

Toxic89 Empty Pockets

To the OP, I think you need to take another look at WA's knife laws, the only place that I know of that has a specific restriction on fixed blade knives is Seattle, and that says that any concealed fixed blade over 3.5 in is illegal. I have heard that cops in some areas (Olympia) prefer that you keep it OC if the knife is large, I'm on my phone or I would include the relevant RCW's and SMC's

14. lethgar

lethgar Loaded Pockets

Don't currently but did for many years. Folders are convenient but if I have to have one knife, and if any true "work" is to be done, a fixed blade is an absolute must.

--sent from the phone of an angry scotsman.

15. Phyxiator

Phyxiator Loaded Pockets

I have been carrying fixed blades for years. Legally, they're far less problematic here.

[​IMG]
    Unbenannt von Phyxiator auf Flickr

16. Havoc

Havoc Loaded Pockets

My most heavily carried knife is a Izula 1 that's with me about half the time. I can't bring any knives into work and I'm near a big city with very strict knife laws.

I spend several hours a day, everyday doing mechanical work for my race team so its handy to have an easy access blade in reach. When your hands are covered in oil and grease while laying under a car you don't want to have to deal with a folding mechanism or lock. I guess I don't carry it all day, but its certainly with me whenever I legally can.

17. Prætorian ®

Prætorian ® Loaded Pockets

+1 to an Izula and +1 to Godspeed. Why? You never know when you need a fixed blade, I guess. Plus a fixie is always good back-up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

18. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

I've been sporting this little set-up off and on lately, sometimes with a Fenix E11 or a 4-7 Quark AA instead of the P20. Izula I with TKC scales.

[​IMG]

humle, livewake and warchild like this.
  19. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

Been carrying this guy and love its size and shape:
    [​IMG]
    Boker Rhino

Be well

20. RocketManDane

RocketManDane Empty Pockets

Izula II Pocket Kydex Sheath every day.