1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which ZL do I want?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by rickboone, Dec 3, 2014.

1. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

I'm debating on I believe it is 52, 502 and 32. All H.

Battery doesn't matter much.

I thought I wanted higher lumens of cr123, however with a headlamp it isn't going to make much a difference.

I believe the 5s are listed as flood and spill/....some.

I can't really find pictures of beamshots of these to compare and decide.

2. Blerv

Blerv Loaded Pockets

In general...

Any ZL with a clear lens and reflector is going to provide the most throw. A reflector and frosted lens will won't have the same defined hotspot. A light without a reflector (such as the 502) will have greatly reduced throw and no hot spot. Think of the 502 as a superpowered iPhone "flashlight".

ZL lights are fairly size-efficient per their battery. In a perfect world the 18650 lights will give the most performance for the longest amount of time. The 14500/AA lights are most convenient for battery selection. The 31's are some of the (if not the) shortest clickes available.

I would personally pick the battery and tint then shop for a light that meets them. Even 280 lumens on an alkie or rechargeable AA is very bright for normal use.

3. Eciton

Eciton Loaded Pockets

I am completely in love with my H32w, neutral tint. The machining is fantastic, modes are great and it's super bright on an IMR 16340. I think whichever you choose you will be happy.

4. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

What are you planning on using the light for? I have a H502w and a H302w. They're pretty much the same with limited throw and tons of flood with the 302 either having more lumen or longer run time or both depending what level your running it at and what battery used. I just got the 302 and right now I prefer it for the longer run time. I have the original H600fw and really like the run time on it. I've run it all night long with no issues. I ordered an H600w Mk to hopefully replace the older one.

Again though, can't really recommend a light for you if we don't know what your going to use it for.