1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which watch for surfing?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by mrmakochan, Aug 16, 2006.

1. mrmakochan

mrmakochan Loaded Pockets

I've been looking for a watch that is rugged enough to go surfing with. I had an Baby-G with a velcro/clip strap that I used to wear all the time, but now I think I want an analog watch. Or maybe a combo analog/digital watch. Ideally I'd like a velcro/cloth band because I'm not too fond of resin straps. And I am skinny so I can't wear big watches like G-shocks. I've tried some Timex watches but they are no where near as rugged as my Baby-G was. I don't mind spending more for a quality watch. Maybe I'll get a diver watch and then get a Zulu strap....

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

There are lot's of Baby-G models, or you can step up and get a Seiko or Citizen instead. Depends really on what your price range is?

3. Lee1959

Lee1959 Empty Pockets

I would probably go with what I use for diving, either my Citizen or Seiko SKX011, either watch would work well, and would be on a Nato or Zulu any time near water. I lsot a good watch last summer because it was on a rubber strap and popped a pin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. luigi

luigi Loaded Pockets

This baby-g from my wife's collection is good for surfing, it has a graphic of the tide and can be configure to show tides anywhere in the world, timer, chrono and other nice features as well.
    The illumination is via a led and you can choose from 3 different colors.

Good luck!

Luigi

Attached Files:

5. knightrider

knightrider Empty Pockets

The original surf watch - Shark Classic. They last forever and I like how they look too. Only about $45 too. Check them out. Freestyle is the company.

6. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Loaded Pockets

Seiko Orange Monster, with safety orange two piece Zulu strap - wicked combo!!!

7. bbbshrimp

bbbshrimp Empty Pockets

i had a swiss army ti watch from about 2 years ago and had swam with it all the time, but a few weeks ago, it started to get fog up :(
    I took it to a watch repair shop and the guy told me all watches should run a waterproofing test once a year to make sure there's no leakage anywhere, no matter how expensive the watch is. i didn't even know about waterproofing test before.. just want to let everyone know. :)

8. mkphc

mkphc Loaded Pockets