1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which tablet would you get?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Thukydides, Dec 20, 2013.

1. lamas92

lamas92 Loaded Pockets

iPad and iPad mini. I prefer mini...

rhosey likes this.
  2. Thukydides

Thukydides Loaded Pockets

*argh* Got a piece with a brighter spot on the screen surface I can't clean. Anyone already experienced such a thing? (it doesn't have anything to do with if the device is on or of, it's on the screen. Maybe the coating?)

Apart from that it's relatively fluid. The speaker is way to quiet. Definitely needs some headphones.

3. RBid

RBid Loaded Pockets

7" tablets are too close to my iphone in size for me to pick one up instead of reaching for my phone. I get the appeal for work purposes, but I prefer 10" tablets for personal use. I got the Asus Memo Pad FHD 10, and I couldn't be happier. 1920x1200 res, stereo sound, decent speed, and a lot of screen to work with. Bought one for my lady, and loved it so much I got one for myself.

4. Houston

Houston Empty Pockets

Galaxy note 8 for me, bought the iPad mini for the wife

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

5. Tyrolee

Tyrolee Loaded Pockets

Nexus 7 all the way!

bull_paqqy likes this.
  6. chas353
    • In Omnia Paratus

chas353 Loaded Pockets

Wife got me a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas it is fine for what I'll use it for.

7. Glock19

Glock19 Loaded Pockets

I know its not on your list but Nexus 7 2013 hands down. I didn't think I'd like the smaller form factor tablets coming from a 10" Xoom but the 7" has been absolutely perfect for me. Especially for reading books, held portrait its like you're holding a paperback book, easily managed with one hand. The 7" tabs are also much lighter which matters after a few hours. I find I'm carrying my Nexus all the time, it fits easily in a jacket pocket where as my Xoom would be left at home. I also disagree that 7" screen is too close to a phone size screen, browsing, reading, movies, games are all much easier/enjoyable on the bigger screen. I never browse or game on my phone anymore. Not to mention battery life, my phone would be dead in less than 2 hours if I tried what I do on my tablet. (Granted my phone is a Galaxy Nexus, not known for its stellar battery)

But honestly, its going to come down to the "ecosystem" you're already vested in. If you're already using an iPhone and/or iTunes (with paid for music/movies) you're gonna be ultimately better served with an iPad, even if it initially costs more. If you have Android phones an Android tablet is going to be better. The "sync" between devices (either AAPL vs. GOOG) is a huge factor that people often overlook. I love having all of my music, playlists, videos, books, email, browsing, bookmarks, etc being the same no matter which device I pick up, phone, tablet, computer.

8. cdi70

cdi70 Empty Pockets

Look at the Hisense Sero 7 Pro at Walmart. Basically at Nexus 7 with micro sd, 5mp camera with flash and mini HDMI port. Best part, 149.00. Received one for Christmas and so far it is great.

9. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

My candidates for a tablet in 2014:

Asus Tranformer Book T100

Dell Venue 8 Pro

Microsoft Surface 2 Pro

Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2

I am using an Droid phone, however Windows 8.1 tablets, smartphones and PCs just work together so well. I am ready to leave the droid world.

10. rhosey

rhosey Loaded Pockets

I've had every model iPad since the Gen 1 (except the mini) so obviously I'm going to go along with MCPOWoller & lamas92 and say iPad.

I also have the new/current model Kindle PaperWhite, which is far superior to reading on any active type screen IMHO.

11. TechGuyJason

TechGuyJason Loaded Pockets

I went from an ipad2 to an ipad mini to a nexus 7. I like the Nexus the best. I cant complain about it. I did get a dud 1st time but they overnighted me a new one. after that I havent had any more issues. If you read at night I find the apps on the android store to help with the brightness. ios is too locked down to get real use out of their devices.

12. enine

enine Loaded Pockets

I just bought a Dell Venue 8, thought about the pro but it still seems iffy about loading a decent OS on it so I stuck with the Android version for now and will wait for others to find a fix or the pro.

13. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

I got 32gb Nook forX mas and I really like it. It,s what I am using right now.

14. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

I got a 32gb Nook for Xmas and I am liking it. It's what I am using right now.

15. 556dek

556dek Loaded Pockets

I've had the first gen ipad since it first came out. Got my wife the iPad 2 when it came out and both still run perfect. Recently played with the mini and the mini2 will be my next purchase because it's size makes it much easier to take with you.

16. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

:) Santa arrived late. However I have a Microsoft Surface Pro. That's the original Pro, running Windows 8 with 128 gb of storage and a microSD slot that can accomodate a 64 Gb microSD card. The good thing about the Surface Pro is running an Intel i5 processor. Very fast. Once I finish downloading Windows 8 updates, MS will push Win 8.1. The Surface Pro came with a bundle that includes the keyboard/cover and MS Office!

I will post more once I have had the opportunity to work and play with my Surface Pro.

WillAdams likes this.
  17. CarlCarrys

CarlCarrys Loaded Pockets

• Edited per Rule 12
    Just bought a tablet through sprint. I bought the samsung galaxy tab 3 7.0 and can take it anywhere now for work. loving it. put an otter box defender on it also

dml24 likes this.