1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which Swiss Army Knife would you chose for urban EDC ? - Show me your SAK for EDC

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by morang, Apr 12, 2014.

1. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

Yep, that would be the perfect EDC for me too. Maybe someday Victorinox will bring this one back, but I'm not holding my breath. In the interim, the Executive cab be handy.

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

How about a Pioneer-X? I think it'd cover your tool needs, but it would be heavier than a Cadet of course.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

3. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

I tried one, and it's a nice piece, but while the Cadet disappears in your pocket, the Pioneer is more of a brick. By the time I'm carrying a Pioneer, I'd just as soon carry a Spirit X, which is even more functional.

4. this_is_nascar

this_is_nascar Loaded Pockets

I felt the same way. For me, the additional tools of the Pioneer over the Cadet just didn't justify how much bigger, chunkier and heavier it is to pocket carry.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I can see how you guys might feel that way. Although when I'm wearing jeans (MOST of the time!), a Pioneer or for that matter a Farmer don't bother me. But then I always carry these at the end of a P7 dangler, with the result they just hang along the seam of the pocket and don't really add any bulk. For me at least.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

jcombs likes this.
  6. jcombs
    • +1 Supporter

jcombs Loaded Pockets

The P7, and probably any dangler type of thingy, does make a real difference in how a SAK carries. I rarely carry one with out using the P7.

xrayit and Moshe ben David like this.
  7. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

I don't have a P7, but diy'ed a bent fork handle. It works great and makes my Explore/aaa Olight a wonderful combo. The sad thing is that I rarely feel the need to switch out knives:(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jcombs likes this.