1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

    Please visit following page for more information

    Dismiss Notice

Which Swiss Army Knife would you chose for urban EDC ? - Show me your SAK for EDC

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by morang, Apr 12, 2014.

  1. EZDog

    EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2012
    Messages:
    2,930
    Likes Received:
    4,663
    I carry an Alox Cadet and it is a freakishly useful tool for me!

    I don't ever need a corkscrew and can not remember the last time I opened a bottle that need a cap lifter?

    I also EDC a Spirit X with the Cadet and also a Pocketwrench and between these 3 tools I rarely run into anything I can't handle without needing to return to the vehicle for dedicated tools.

    My use is more industrial I suppose than casual but the SAKs that I have are up to the task regardless!
     
    garza likes this.
  2. NelsonIII
    • +1 Supporter

    NelsonIII Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    May 13, 2015
    Messages:
    353
    Likes Received:
    685
    Carrying a Pioneer in my pocket and a classic with my housekey. Good combo.

    I use the awl for all package\box opening tasks to preserve the edge on the main blade.
     
  3. ItsHardToKnow

    ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,879
    Likes Received:
    1,816
    ALOX Cadet
    ALOX Pioneer
    ALOX Soldier

    When I carry a SAK it is one of those and they are just fine for urban/suburban use. Mostly.

    I do love the pliers on my LMs
     
  4. SAKoutdoors101312

    SAKoutdoors101312 Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2013
    Messages:
    219
    Likes Received:
    325
    95% of the time, I carry a Spartan. The other 5% is either the Farmer, Pioneer, or Compact. I find those are the tool selections that fit me best. I simply find that I don't really need anything else most days. I do have other options in my bag though
     
  5. Redneck Bear

    Redneck Bear Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2015
    Messages:
    358
    Likes Received:
    650
    Huntsman for me (still, I must say). I wanted to change it, downsize my EDC knife but it never happened. :)
    I don't like phillips screwdriver (as the T, it is pretty short) and I often open wine bottles so it's corkscrew for me - that keeps me away from aloxes unfortunately. And I need scissors OR at least a woodsaw as I don't have much use for the blade or other "Spartan" things usually (apart from the small screwdriver on can opener). So I've got the Huntsman and the only other option in the 91mm line is the Climber which I'm not sure is different enought to justify the payment (I've got other SAKs in different bags and pouches already lol). Custom alox copy of celidor Huntsman is far too pricey here.
    I'm eyeing the Farmer and Pioneer X though ... :D
     
  6. thebruce

    thebruce Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2015
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    8
    I really struggle with carrying SAKs. I can't seem to let something like a Cadet or Pioneer replace my folder, and I have a Classic on my keychain anyway. That really just leaves the cap lifter, and I have a million of them anyway. I inevitably end up ditching the larger SAK even though I love them. They were a gateway for me into the EDC world but I'm in a different place now.
     
  7. Macgirl

    Macgirl Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    May 9, 2012
    Messages:
    264
    Likes Received:
    381
    Alox Rambler on my keys. Use it more often than my Benchmade MiniGrip.
     
  8. rev98

    rev98 Empty Pockets

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2014
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    2
    Alox Cadet with TEC P7 clip has worked well for me.
     
  9. Redneck Bear

    Redneck Bear Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2015
    Messages:
    358
    Likes Received:
    650
    I don't know why but a few days ago I realized I got scared of the cellidor scales of my EDC knives (usually Huntsman/Spartan, sometimes Camper) will crack. I really don't know why this feeling appeared so suddenly ... :O
    So I removed the scales of all my cellidor SAKs, cleaned and sharpened the knives, used epoxy and vice to glue the scales and knives together and put those knives onto a shelf until such time I'll lose my scale-phobia ...


    Anyway, I ordered an alox Pioneer X to be my new EDC knife ... which I'm sure won't have any scale trouble lol.

    I would prefer the Farmer because I'd like to have the woodsaw but I know I use the scissors all the time and the woodsaw on small vics almost never ... so ... right ... :)