1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which Survival Author Do You Favor?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by MinorCuts, May 8, 2009.

1. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

While I'm no expert I would have thought urban would have less to do with environment and weather (although that would still be important) and that factors like differing customs, languages, laws and politics will become factors to be thought about. and equally, those same factors will add to the variety of situations (the weather in london and new york may be roughly simmilar, but the laws are different)

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

While I have not tought about urban but have lived outdoors a ton I have to come into this not knowing anything. In urban I would guess weather can affect the water supply if in conjunction iwth other factors. Tornado's, flooding, and so on. Large fires, is the wind blowing, is it raining? I am in a town of 20k right now I feel so out of my element. I have worked in a city before but commuted out far enough to where I was miles from a streetlight. The times I have lived in towns has been generally short term.

I have never heard of people dying from exposure in a city but I assume it happens.

I am pretty sure flooding can affect the water supply under the right conditions.

3. Castillo

Castillo Loaded Pockets

+1 for Ray Mears

4. Tradecraft

Tradecraft Banned