1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which Surefire for wifey?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by tipubuta, Aug 4, 2008.

1. LumenMan

LumenMan Banned

Very cool! :iagree: I've got to get one for my girlfriend!

She currently has a Fenix P2D that she loves! She actually EDC's it everyday :roof: :woohoo: :D

2. flip

flip Empty Pockets

Look for an older Surefire E1L with the KL1 LED head(the new one has the KX1 LED head that won't take rechargeables). You could also get a Surefire KL1 LED head and put it on a Surefire E1E or E1B body or get an aftermarket body to go with it. Or buy a new E1E, E1L or E1B and sell the head and replace it with a KL1. You would then have a small LED Surefire that will handle rechargeables.

3. Jaygnar99

Jaygnar99 Empty Pockets

I'd go with the L1. Your wife deserves a Surefire! :)

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

I don't know about it running on rechargeables... but the SureFire E1B you mentioned is a nice, bright, and compact light. No knurling so it won't tear up clothes or anything else. The two light levels are great.

5. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

Yup, the Backup would be a nice light. It's sleek, elegant, and it also has a clicky switch.

6. tipubuta

tipubuta Empty Pockets

I believe so too but the L1 kinda large for my wife's small hands...

7. tipubuta

tipubuta Empty Pockets

Just found out that the E1B head could not accept rechargeables .... but still a consideration though.

8. tipubuta

tipubuta Empty Pockets

Very nice greenLED! Like the red glowring as well, very posh. My wife have small hands it looks overkill for her though. I am looking something that I can get off the shelve and just use it straight away.

9. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

All good suggestions here.

I got the wifey the E1L and she likes how "dainty" it is. I'm worried because she's spying my E1B! :help:

10. tipubuta

tipubuta Empty Pockets

I am assuming that the E1L referred is for the E1L cree. How does your wife fare with the two stage? Between the two, which one she prefers?

11. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

The one that matches whatever purse she's wearing. I used to think it was the one I was attached to the most! :mad:

Seriously, she's comfy with the E1L. She switches to E2D depending on her mood.

12. tipubuta

tipubuta Empty Pockets

Cheers!. E1L is worth considering...

13. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

My wife's petite as well. The customized part was a running joke between both of us - it doesn't extend past the pink GID ring on the bezel.

If you favor the clicky tailcap, the E1B is an extremely nice light right out of the box.

14. sak_collector

sak_collector Empty Pockets

Does it have to be rachargeble? 123 batteries can be had for cheap, especially if bought in bulk. The Surefire is going to be the best quality for sure. The L1 is an excellent light (what my wife carries), not a "clicky" but an almost perfect interface. If it really is too big, the Backup is maybe even a better choice. Runtimes on both lights are great and there are many options if she wants to carry spare batteries.

My wife also gets hacked off when people suggest "woman" things to her...like womens guns. I think "womens" guns suck personally...ever shoot the "lady-Smith" .38 special? It sucks, much easier to shoot a model 10 .38, heavier gun, less recoil. Small and petite is not always best. My mom is 73 years old, has a CCW and carries a Glock 19 because it is so comfy to shoot. My wifes favorite gun? Ruger Blackhawk.

Ok, back to the topic. Instead of asking a bunch of guys what your wife should carry, how about asking your wife? Let her learn what the quality brands are, then let her choose? She may love the L1 or the Backup, or she may just want a mini-mag...should be her choice.

15. Titus117

Titus117 Empty Pockets

+1 one for the E1B. I love mine, and would buy one for every person I know... if I had enough money... a perfect light for anyone IMHO...

16. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I am so glad someone said that. I have been tossing out my opinion too much lately. I was sure in hopes someone would say what you just did. Thanks

17. ScottAW

ScottAW Loaded Pockets

My wife turned into a flashaholic with her P2D, nice and small, doesn't mess up other things in her purse, SF knurling is very agressive for purse carry. It's not rechargable, but a battery lasts a long time. I thought about getting her a Novatac, but the fenix is so tiny, she can even fit it in a lipstick case.

18. Schützen

Schützen Loaded Pockets