1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which side? Left hand or right

Discussion in 'Watches' started by webley445, Jul 27, 2006.

1. froldt

froldt Loaded Pockets

I'm a righty and wear my watch on my left, face on the back of my wrist. I couldn't wear it down as it would get in the way when typing.
    Wear it unless I'm in the shower, bed or doing some building/maintenance work.

2. STHFNGLD

STHFNGLD Empty Pockets

I really don't see the point of wearing a watch upside down with the watch's dial on your wrist. Can anyone offer any value reasons to why people wear theirs watch(es) like this. :shrug:

3. zcout

zcout Empty Pockets

i don't know!

however in the game nakatomi plaza, it is cool to see what time it is when you kill terrorists :rolleyes:

noo serious, i think when holding a rife/gun your palm is facing up, and if you have synced watches in a tactical situation,and need to be ready to strike, i guess it is easier to look at the watch in this way while you have your gun pointed at the direction of the badguys.

bur in real/civilian life i don't see any use for it...

4. Bradlee

Bradlee Empty Pockets

Right handed w/ watch on right wrist facing up. Just something I got used to as a kid.

5. crossroads

crossroads Empty Pockets

Left facing up. I used to think wearing it on the right hand was more comfortable, but got sick of everyone thinking I was left handed. Left-up feels fine after a few days of adjustment.

6. Gorbag

Gorbag Loaded Pockets

I'm right handed, wear the watch leftie with face out. I used to wear it left wrist face in, as I was taught that by my dad. He used to crack the crystals on his dress watches all the time, which was immediately followed by long strings of loud profanities, until he started wearing his watch to protect them.

I guess I'm a bit more careful with my wrists, since I have yet to destroy a watch in that fashion, but I got annoyed with the band snagging on things. Plus, when I went through my EMT school, I found it easier to take a pulse and keep count with the face outside. Now I wear it that way normally, though I will switch it back if I'm going to be doing something rough that could damage the watch.