1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which side? Left hand or right

Discussion in 'Watches' started by webley445, Jul 27, 2006.

1. eu_roca191

eu_roca191 Empty Pockets

Top left for me. :)

2. threefingervic

threefingervic Empty Pockets

Right hand - face down. Lots of manufacturers make watches for lefties like me...of course I don't own any of them, but what can you do?

3. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

Left hand....face up

4. adimag

adimag Loaded Pockets

Left, top, just because that is what feels natural.

5. Twitchy

Twitchy Loaded Pockets

I tend to wear mine on the left, face up. I am right-handed, and the strap can get annoying when writing.
    However, I tend to prefer wearing face down when in situations where it could snag or knock against something. Last thing you want in the woods is to have your watch torn off/glass cracked.
    Although I am currently without since my last watch strap broke with no replacement available. Looking for the right watch is like finding the right partner.

6. M-14

M-14 Loaded Pockets

Left facing up.

7. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

Is the purpose of this to correctly tell the time of death?

Necromancy! Couldn't resist.

8. Blazer

Blazer Empty Pockets

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm pointing a gun at someone/something there's more important things going on than the time. I'll get that when the reason for pointing the gun is dealt with.

9. Decypher Down

Decypher Down Empty Pockets

An interesting question. I'm right handed and I wear my watch on my right hand (on top). It just feels much better there than on my left hand--I don't know why.

10. Twitchy

Twitchy Loaded Pockets

But what if you are providing cover for an operation? One must check their watch periodically to know when the next phase of an operation approaches.

Of course I like my 'gets in the way when writing' reason better :-X

11. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Always Left for me!

12. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

Right handed w/watch on the left and top.

13. RockyNomad

RockyNomad Loaded Pockets

I'm one of those bass ackward lefties who wears his watch on his left hand. Have ever since I started wearing one in grade school.

14. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Me too.

I always write and use a spoon etc with my left hand, but i use a knife and fork with the fork in my left hand and i batted right handed in cricket when i played in school and on the rarest of occassion ive used a golf club its always been more natural to use it right handed.

In fact, ive never understood how holding the fork in your left hand and knife in the right is using them "right handed", surely the fork is the more important piece of cutlery. Surely its more weird for a righty to use cutlery that way than a lefty, in fact ive seen people who would use it like that to cut something, then put the knife down and swap which hand they held their fork with.

Righties are weird, its pretty sinister imo :)

Edit: i also always used a mouse right handed, that one ill admit makes no sense and it feels weird and im less accurate whilst using the mouse in my left hand.

15. pathfinder3

pathfinder3 Loaded Pockets

I'm left handed and I wear my watch on my right wrist (on top).

16. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

This got me thinking.  :idiot2:  I'm right handed, and have been wearing my watch on my left wrist, facing up, since I got my first one for my sixth birthday.  (It broke almost immediately)  :(
    But now I'm going to try it on my right wrist for a while to see whether I can get used to it.

I used to put on my belt starting to the left, but now change it from time to time.  But, for a real challenge, look at which foot you lead with when you come to stairs or other surface change.  You will probably find that you change the length of your stride when approaching something so that you lead with your dominant foot.  I've been surprised at some of the intricate dance steps I've been doing unconsciously just to do that. After lots of practice, I can maintain a consistent stride up to stairs and take them leading with either foot...most of the time.

Now I've got a new exercise.  At the moment it feels very strange.

My inspiration comes from Paul Reps, book "Zen Flesh, Zen Bones," which has an interesting take on this sort of exercise.

17. Gene O

Gene O Empty Pockets

Left handed

Right wrist inside

18. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Watch goes on my left wrist, on the top side
    I write, and use knives with my left hand, shoot rifles left handed (im left eye dominant too) but i shoot pistols right handed, i use a baton right handed, prefer to use handcuffs with my left (although will use whatever i have to at the time) Mouse gets used right handed, prefer to pick up a phone with my left. generally hold torches in my left hand too
    when i was working as a camera tech i would use tweezers with my left, then swap them to my right when i was soldering (holding iron in left hand)

i guess my brain is confused, maybe i shouldnt wear a watch at all :)

19. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Another lefty here!

I always wear my watch on my left wrist. Makes for some awkward moments when I'm eating or writing but I get along fine.

20. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Typical southpaw - on the right, face up. Anything else feels odd but I am ambidextrous in most ways except writing.