1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which side? Left hand or right

Discussion in 'Watches' started by webley445, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Flying Turtle

Flying Turtle Empty Pockets

Watch is on my right arm, and I'm left handed. I remember when I switched from the left side. I was throwing snowballs as a kid and almost lost my watch, so I just moved it over.

Geoff

2. cave dave

cave dave Empty Pockets

Right handed, right wrist, topside. Don't really know why, I think my very first watch fit better on that side. I've tried switching but it feels weird. I could probably get used to it but I like to be different. :rudolph:

Oddly enough my dad is left handed and wears on Left wrist.

I mouse with my left hand though.

3. spankaveli

spankaveli Loaded Pockets

ive always worn my watch on my weak (right) hand but my wife says its "gay" to wear it on my right so she trained me to wear it on my left :(

4. Jaygnar99

Jaygnar99 Empty Pockets

Left wrist, palm side. I'm right handed and I tend to scratch the heck out of my watches if I wear them on the outside of my wrist. It also allows me to see the face of the watch while the left hand is supporting the forend of a rifle if I happen to be using one. It also keeps light from being reflected back toward the target so that the deer, rabbit or terrorist doesn't get spooked or spot my position. It works for me. :D

5. AndyTiedye

AndyTiedye Loaded Pockets

???

6. AndyTiedye

AndyTiedye Loaded Pockets

I do fine stuff right-handed, and heavy stuff left-handed.

My wrist (either one) is no place for a watch. They don't live long there.

This is much better for me:

[​IMG]

7. spankaveli

Right hand. I'm a lefty.

8. outlaw918692000

outlaw918692000 Empty Pockets

Left top for me!

9. Blazer

Blazer Empty Pockets

Normal everyday wear, left wrist on top (I'm right handed and this seems the most unobtrusive to 99% of normal activities yet easily accessible and looks conventional). Particularly when operating a computer mouse for roughly 7 hours a day, if it was to be on the right hand it would keep digging into my right wrist resting on the desk.

For on-duty left wrist on the bottom. Switch to the bottom for simple reason, when taking notes in my notebook (or doing other writing) the time is facing me, notebook in left hand four fingers underneath and thumb on top so bottom of wrist is facing me, don't have to move anything other than my eyes to catch the time and jot it down.

10. OwlEyez

OwlEyez Empty Pockets

Reading through this I remembered, my Dad wears his on the inside of his left wrist. Says it's easier for him to see the time at the right angle (analog). Of course, when he's showing you how he looks at the top of his wrist he exaggerates and sticks his elbow out! Sure confused my kids when they were trying out their first watches.

I'm a righty, and wear mine on my left wrist, but bangle style like a bracelet/loose. So sometimes it's on top, sometimes on the bottom. :idiot2: I went years without a watch because I would breakout whereever the metal touched my arm. Even tried plastic and canvas bands, but the buckle or something would always cause a problem. Now I just wear a good quality Citizen and a loose band.

Cheri (O,O) OwlEyez

11. kwozi

kwozi Empty Pockets

I've tried wearing mine on my right wrist, but as a right-handed guy, I was always bumping into stuff with the watch. Ended up putting a sizeable scratch in the sapphire crystal at one point. :mad:

So I now wear it back on the left and that seems to keep it out of harm's way a bit more.

12. CaptCarrot

CaptCarrot Loaded Pockets

As understand it, most people wear their watch on their non writing (left for most) hand. I personally wear it on my writng (right hand).

13. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

always in my SINIESTRA :evilgrin:

14. jamesrodgers

jamesrodgers Loaded Pockets

Left side only for me.

15. spankaveli

that seems accurate

16. beardy

beardy Loaded Pockets

For me it comes down to the features on the very first watch I wore as a kid. It was a simple analog watch with the sime set knob on the right. It was a watch meant to be worn on the left, so you could access the knob with the right hand.

I'm left handed, and every watch that I've owned since then would be fine on the right hand, but I just got used to wearing it on the left so it's still there to this day.

17. Musashi

Musashi Empty Pockets

Right handed and wear top right wrist.

I had a cheap watch that made my skin sore on the left hand so I swapped hands to leave Ol' Lefty heal up.
    I got a better watch shortly after, but had gotten used to wearing a watch on my right hand. If I'm firing my .270, or driving nails I take my watch off, other than that it's fine!

18. Minotaur

Minotaur Loaded Pockets

Left Hand, top.

I'm dyslexic, so it is how I know my left from my right.

Use to wear palm side, because it makes it so much easier to take pulses, but now I just roll it before I glove up..

19. banu

banu Loaded Pockets

Right Top.

20. tracker870

tracker870 Empty Pockets

Left for me.