1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which side? Left hand or right

Discussion in 'Watches' started by webley445, Jul 27, 2006.

1. VWTattoo

VWTattoo Empty Pockets

Eh, I'm weird. I am right handed and wear it on my right wrist. I used to wear it on the left, but some time ago, I changed over to the right wrist. I can't recall why, other than I have skinny wrists, and the winder kow would poke we at the wrist on the left.

I just like it on the right. :idiot2:

The only issue I have with it is getting used to the extra weight when throwing darts. ;D I have to choose the watch for darting, usually the Ti Eco-Drive fr the light weight. Believe me- it makes a difference!

2. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

I'm right handed and have worn a watch on my right wrist for over 30 years. When I worked jobs where wrist watches weren't allowed or inconvenient, I wore a clip watch on a belt loop.

3. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I thought right handed people wore their watches on their left, and left handed people wore their watches on their right. I wear mine on my left & top.

4. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

My Dad is left handed and he wears his on his left wrist. I've tried wearing it on my left, but it's uncomfortable to me, I can't stand it, drives me nuts :idiot2: go figure, I guess I just don't fit the mold.

5. Dill

Dill Empty Pockets

How about wearing it on a clip made for your belt or belt loop.

My dad told me when I got my first watch(At 12 yrs old )(Long Long Ago)if you are right handed wear it in the left and feft handed wear it on your right!

He worked in a tool shop as a tool and die maker. He told me there is less chance of it getting damaged on the non primary hand as you are less likely to put that hand out if you fall and scrach the watch or lense.
    Made sence to me!

Both my wrists have been crushed. Wearing a watch now become bothersome. So it is on my belt loop.

Don

6. Miffilo

Miffilo Empty Pockets

left then right. then left.. going back and forth might help out balance hormons.. or something like that (right brian, left brian thing). agree?

7. webley445

webley445 Loaded Pockets

Brian who?

8. Miffilo

Miffilo Empty Pockets

typo.. brain..

9. flipe8

flipe8 Loaded Pockets

I see that a couple of watch companies are actually making sports watches that are designed to fit in that position . I think they are calling it the "optimal angle". Would make sense for runners, I think.

10. spiffytech

spiffytech Empty Pockets

As I understand it, a watch is typically worn on the hand opposite your dexterity. In my case, I wear my watch on my right hand, since I'm a lefty. Since only ~13% of the world is left-handed, and the other ~87% wear their watches on their left hand, that's where the knob is.

I wear my watch on the top of my wrist, except when I'm sleeping, since I keep noticing scuff marks on my watch, and know I don'y conciously hit stuff that much.

I've looked at pocket watches, and even tried belt-clip watches, but I always go back to my wrist. I just need to have the time handy whenever and wherever I find myself. Watches that rely on clothes don't help you when you go swimming or when you're showering in the morning and you need to keep on schedule.

11. Prof. Ed

Prof. Ed Empty Pockets

The proper way to wear a watch is on the left wrist. It has been for generations. I'm a lefty and still wear it on my left. I was corrected by a jeweler when I was a kid.
    Most watches are made for the left wrist. Look at the crown, etc.
    Info from the Ol' Prof.

Prof. Ed

12. Lurkr

Lurkr Loaded Pockets

Yeah, Timex has the OVA (optimal viewing angle) series of watches that were designed for runners, so they don't have to turn over their wrist to see times (lap, elapsed, etc.). I guess when you get efficient when running (something I'VE NEVER had a problem with as I don't run unless chased by a large furry creature) that is a real chore.

13. laurent

laurent Empty Pockets

I know at least one case of a pretty watch which had to be sent back to the factory since the owner shot frequently large bore handguns with it on its right wrist. No it came back to the left wrist (the right one ^^).

14. fasuto

fasuto Loaded Pockets

Sometimes i wear one watch in each wrist at the same time. One analog (with tritium), one digital (with compass, altimeter...).

15. Jumpmaster

Jumpmaster Banned

Oh...testing Segal's Law, eh? :)

JM-99

16. raiju

raiju Empty Pockets

I'm a lefty so it's always on the right

17. peacefuljeffrey

When I was a little kid, I loved "Space Ghost" and always fantasized about being him (or, at any rate, having his powers). Remember those red, white and blue terry wristbands for athletes? Those were my "power bands"!

And when I got watches, I would always wear them on my right arm, even though technically I'm a "rightie." I was always told by people that a rightie wears the watch on the left hand -- so that he can wind the crown. (Is the little knob thing the "crown"? Or is it the "stem" I'm thinking of?) But I wanted my "power band" on my power arm, so I wore it on my right wrist.

But apart from my very first watch, I have mostly had digital watches since then. Which wrist they ride on is never an issue.

18. iced_theater

iced_theater Empty Pockets

I wear mine on my left wrist and I'm right handed, feels awkward on my right wrist. My fiancee wears her watch on her right wrist and is left handed.

19. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Loaded Pockets

I wear on my off-side (left). I prefer my watches to fit on the tight side of snug because it bothers me very much to have anything sliding around on my wrist. I wear the watch just above the the end of the ulna (if you don't carry too much adipose tissue (i.e. fat) on your body you will see it as the protrusion just up your arm from your wrist, on the outside).

20. Starcruiser1229

Starcruiser1229 Loaded Pockets

I wear my watch on my left wrist (my off hand). On top. It is just a habit for me now, if I put in on the right I always look at my left wrist stupidly before remembering I moved it. Not sure why, other than it is less annoying when I write, and as a college student, I do a lot of that.
    Patrick