1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which one would you choose?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by mrtwohands, Apr 20, 2017 at 8:24 PM.

1. mrtwohands

mrtwohands Loaded Pockets

So I am debating between these pistols. They will not carried and strictly a range toy. Not sure which I would prefer.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

The idea of flames jumping out of the ports within my sight picture is a huge turn off for me. So I'd go with the 2.0 version.

Wishoot likes this.
  3. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Well, aside from the "cool" factor of the coyote 2.0...

- The performance center has an adjustable rear sight (the 2.0 rear sight is a fixed Novak style sight)
    - Both are 5" barrels.
    - The performance center 9L is about $150 bucks more than the 2.0 ($440 vs $589)

Hard choice, I'd probably pick...neither. Why? I can't stand fiber optic sights, they suck! Otherwise, I'd pick the 9L. The 2.0 is just another 9mm in my book. Lot's of fish in the 9mm pond. Absolutely nothing wrong with the S&W M&P line, they did well with that design. Not taking anything away from them...but you might just as well buy a Glock.

I'm sure you probably don't want to hear this, but If I were going to buy (another) 9mm as a range gun I'd probably save my money and be looking for a Browning Hi-Power. Now there's a pistol where the 'cool factor' is off the charts! They ain't cheap, but they're hands-down the best 9mm you'll ever lay your hands on! (...and the countless World Championship titles are proof in the pudding). The Hi-Power is next on my list. (I've got plenty of 1911's for now).

Now if you were talking a SD, service or combat pistol that would be a whole other story, but you said "range gun".

I just picked up a Beretta 92FS INOX and wow, that's a hell of a pistol! I'm really warming up to the 9mm anymore (this, from a dyed in the wool .45 acp guy too!)

larcher75 likes this.
  4. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Ported barrels on turn me off and are a non-starter. Wouldn't consider any firearm with one.

5. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

agree with above... not a fan of ported barrels... I also like plain black sights

6. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

Since it's a range gun, I'd go for the PC version. I've never shot a ported barrel, so I can't comment on that, but I'm guessing the rest of the gun will have nice enhancements from their performance shop. I like FO sights a lot, so I consider that a plus. Sounds like it should be a fun range toy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. huntnow

huntnow Loaded Pockets

2.0, no doubt. The coyote looks good and that's gonna be a smooth shooter in 9mm without anything being ported. Unlike others, I do like fiber optic sights though. My M&P shield wears tritium/fiber optic sights and I like them a lot. I'd say you can't go wrong with either though. Let us know what you decide and safe shooting.

8. CDKJudoka

CDKJudoka Loaded Pockets

The 9L. It will have a better trigger out of the box, and it already has the good grip texture that the 2.0 has. Best part about the 9L, no safety!

9. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Biggest issue I have with FO sights is they change the apparent sight radius in the vertical plane creating delay and confusion. There's no ambiguity in target acquisition with a 3 post sight (tritium or other), it's either lined up or it's not. If you've got the time to check, double check and triple check your sight picture, then fine, but under time pressure you won't have this leisure (i.e. competition, etc) and still have a hope of scoring well.

10. mrtwohands

mrtwohands Loaded Pockets

Fear not. I made a great decision, I believe. A Sig P320 followed me home today and it's a full size[​IMG] :)

huntnow likes this.