1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which Multitool do you carry?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by CanDo, Sep 21, 2006.

?

Which Multitool(s) do you carry?

1. LM Wave New

148 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. LM Core

4 vote(s)
    0.4%
  3. LM Surge

43 vote(s)
    4.6%
  4. LM Charge TI

77 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. LM Charge XTi

26 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. LM Squirt

65 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. LM Blast

15 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. LM Micra

45 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. LM Fuse

9 vote(s)
    1.0%
  10. LM Kick

14 vote(s)
    1.5%
  11. LM Wave Old

51 vote(s)
    5.4%
  12. LM Supertool

43 vote(s)
    4.6%
  13. Other Retired LM (please specify)

23 vote(s)
    2.4%
  14. Gerber 400 Series

18 vote(s)
    1.9%
  15. Gerber 600 Series

13 vote(s)
    1.4%
  16. Gerber 650 Series

5 vote(s)
    0.5%
  17. Gerber 700 Series

3 vote(s)
    0.3%
  18. Gerber 800 Series

4 vote(s)
    0.4%
  19. Victorinox Swiss Tool

32 vote(s)
    3.4%
  20. Freebie or Cheap, Made in China

1 vote(s)
    0.1%
  21. SOG Powerlock

40 vote(s)
    4.2%
  22. SOG Cross Grip

2 vote(s)
    0.2%
  23. SOG Cross Cut

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. SOG EOD

5 vote(s)
    0.5%
  25. SOG Pocket

2 vote(s)
    0.2%
  26. SOG Pocket Deluxe

1 vote(s)
    0.1%
  27. SOG ParaTool

5 vote(s)
    0.5%
  28. Schrade Tough Tool

3 vote(s)
    0.3%
  29. Schrade Tough Chip

1 vote(s)
    0.1%
  30. Schrade Multi Tool Boxed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  31. Schrade Imperial Multitool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  32. Schrade Tradesman Tool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  33. LM Juice

74 vote(s)
    7.8%
  34. SOG Power Plier

3 vote(s)
    0.3%
  35. Other

96 vote(s)
    10.2%
  36. Victorinox Spirit

72 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. CF

CF Loaded Pockets

Currently carrying a LM Skeletool supplemented with an SAK Super Tinker for On Body Carry. So far liking the LM Skeletool!

2. jdpaet

jdpaet Empty Pockets

i also carry a leterman skeletool

3. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

Leatherman (new) wave. Still carrying my trusty spyderco. I've been considering upgrading to a charge TTi, but the s305 doesn't seem worth an extra $50 on the Wave. I could get a real knife for that, or spend it on another wave for my BOB.

4. Polygeist

Polygeist Loaded Pockets

I carry a LM Squirt P4. Super compact: fits in my jeans' coin pocket and disappears.

5. ACHË

ACHË Loaded Pockets

For the next few days/weeks I switched to a Leatherman Skeletool on pocket and a Victorinox Swisstool in the bag to see how that combo works.

6. Tradecraft

Tradecraft Banned

At 4 inches in length and weighing only 8.5 ounces it is no wonder why the Leatherman Wave Multi-Tool is one of the most popular Leathermans' available. This multi-tool is full of functionality in a great sized tool. I especially like the that all of the tools function as designed. With some other models of multi-tools this is not always the case. The Wave Multi-tool should not let you down and is a required asset to everyone's kit.

The Leatherman Wave Multi-Tool includes needle nose pliers, regular pliers, wire cutters, hard wire cutters, clip point knife, serrated knife, saw, scissors, wood/metal file, diamond-coated file, large bit driver, small bit driver, 2 double end bits, large screwdriver, ruler, bottle/can opener, wire stripper, and lanyard attachment.

The pliers work great and are easy to grip and use. The knife and saw blades lock preventing them from closing on your fingers which is a great safety benefit. The blades are accessible from the outside of the tool which is very convenient. The saw is sharp and cuts surprisingly well for its size. Do not underestimate the saw. I have found that the screw drivers work well and are versatile. The wood and metal file work as designed and are functional. The tools on the Wave model won't let you down.

Overall, this is a great multi-tool that you should not be without. There are a lot of choices in the world of multi-tools by Leatherman and many other companies. If you don't have time to do the extensive research and need to pull the trigger on buying one of these then decide on the Wave model by Leatherman. You won't be disappointed.

7. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

I have a weird take on this subject. I have tried almost every style of multi-tool on the planet and found that the feature I used the most was the pliers. So, being that I carry an SAK and a large folder anyways I prefer a good pair of pliers in my belt pouch instead.

8. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

I carry the original Leatherman, AKA the Leatherman PST.

9. MrCoffee

MrCoffee Loaded Pockets

Like most folks that like MT's I have a ton of them... most days I carry a LM Blast or Surge, but I have enough of them that I can go a week or two and never carry the same one twice. :)

This thread go me thinking about just how many I do have around me all the time. I have a LM PST in my EDC bag, a SOG PowerLock in my file draw, a LM Blast on my hip, a LM Surge in the console in my car, and LM Core in the roadside kit in the trunk. Hmmmm, might be time to slim the collection down a bit. :D

10. caemgen

caemgen Loaded Pockets

GERBER Center-Drive

Last edited by caemgen, Aug 12, 2018
    #250 caemgen, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  11. jeroen94704

jeroen94704 Empty Pockets

I've just finished a thread along similar lines here. Multitools can a lot of things not very well, and I thought that a small, compact set of tools would be preferable to a single multi-tool. In the end though, my conclusion was that a toolkit with everything I want would be prohibitively heavy, and got a LM Surge with bit-kit instead.

I'm still considering getting a separate folder though, since a multi-tool makes for a horrible grip.

Jeroen

12. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Here's another vote for the LM Skeletool! Nice light EDC!

13. paoylin1

paoylin1 Loaded Pockets

ditto to westerdutch

14. Westerdutch

As a fellow Dutchie i couldn't agree more;
    [​IMG]

LM in my bag, BM in my pocket!

15. ACHË

ACHË Loaded Pockets

I went with the Skeletool and Super Tool 300.
    ...........................................................................................
    [​IMG]

They're new so they'll be getting plenty of EDC duty for the next few weeks.

Flashlights:
    Tiablo A9 Limited Edition
    Nitecore SR3

16. jeroen94704

jeroen94704 Empty Pockets

That looks like a nice folder. If I decide to get one, it'll be the Zero Tolerance 0350.

Do/did you ever get into trouble in the Netherlands for carrying a relatively large knife?

Jeroen

17. Westerdutch

Nah, i never got in trouble.... Just make sure you can run faster than the average police officer and don't whip and wave it around in public places too often :D Oh, and dont bring your knife to disco's and such.

Do keep in mind that the Zero Tolerance isn't really pocket friendly.... Before this BM i had a fatter knife but i soon grew tired of it because you can always feel it sitting in your pocket (jeans and driving a car really sucks) and it gets in the way when accessing other items in your pocket. A nice slim knife will not do this.

18. asolo

asolo Empty Pockets

Leatherman wave here. Great tool!

19. Authorized Personnel

Authorized Personnel Loaded Pockets

I carry a Leatherman Wave (old model) that I inherited from my Father when he passed away. I'll probably get a Surge when this one becomes unserviceable (if it ever does). I've had other brands, I carried a Gerber tool for many years while I was in the Army, but everything else has ended up with broken screwdrivers, chipped blades, and eventaully broken pliers or handles. Nothing has come close to the Leatherman for holding up to whatever I've thrown at it - and whatever my Father threw at it before I got it!

20. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I totally agree with you Authorized Personnel, I have had my Leatherman Wave for close to 15 years now and not a problem with it. I tried a Gerber that someone had given me and didn't like it. I originally started out with an SAK but didn't like the blades closing on my fingers, carried that for maybe 6or 7 years before switching to the Gerber. One guy at work called me MacGyver for carrying the SAK but who did they come to when a knife or screwdriver was needed me.