1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which edc'er is this?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Crude, Aug 7, 2012.

1. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Because of the reality of the "public shooter," which really got rolling with Charles Whitman and then reemerged in the 1980s with a vengeance with James Huberty (San Yasidro McDonald's shooter.) and Patrick Purdy (Stockton, California school shooting, not a student.) we have enjoyed some relative calm during "The Bush Years." Now it seems to be kicking back up now and the media loves it. I think this might very well cause a Constitutional Convention with the Second Amendment on the chopping block. I mean, after the Heller and McDonald Decisions from the SCOTUS, where do they have left to go to ban guns except to abolish the Amendment?

2. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

With the huge majority of the states now supporting gun rights, as evidenced by the growth of shall issue permits, would an amendment to abolish the 2nd have a chance of getting the 38 states it would need for ratification? That goodness constitutional amendments needs 3/4ths of the states to ratify instead of just a popular vote.

3. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Between motor voter and electronic voting with no paper trail, yeah, it is possible for the Second Amendment to be abolished.

4. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

So how do you coerce or rig the process of 50 different state legislatures?

5. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

The usual way, with buckets and buckets of money. Which George Soros and Michael Bloomberg are more than willing to spend.

DBR likes this.
  6. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Through schemes and scams like motor voter and electronic voting. I thought that was pretty straightforward. Hahaha! "Kilted" has the other angles involved, just masses of money. That helps too.

7. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

My point was that these are the same state legislatures that have been overwhelmingly passing "shall issue" carry laws. So far, these legislatures have been listening to their constituents. I'm not sure where to even find the numbers, but how many lawmakers are there at the state level? I know the number dwarfs the Federal Congress. Lots of the state lawmakers are not full time politicians, they are also local community members, business owners...etc. and perhaps not as easily bought as a full time politician at the Federal level.

8. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Not to worry....Here in Amerika, we have the very best politicians that money can buy.

Farchyld, Crude and TARFU like this.
  9. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Main thing I take from this? Never, ever, consent to be searched. Too many people think " I'm not doing anything wrong, I don't have anything illegal with me, why not let them search me if they want". If a police officer asks me if they can search my car/house/person, I always say " I do not concent to be searched. The few times an officer has come to my house I step out on the porch, close the door and talk to them there. I have great respect for the police. And I am a law abiding citizen, I don't even speed (really). But just because I'm doing nothing wrong doesn't mean I have to give up my rights to prove it.

kd7dvd, DBR and powerring like this.
  10. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

I agree and I think this is where the cascade of events began in this case. He must have consented to the bag search since the police had no probable cause. As a result, they found reason to search his home, etc. Opening the door half an inch gave them reason to kick it in completely.

kd7dvd and DBR like this.
  11. Tulliandar

Tulliandar Loaded Pockets

Not really, I believe it's CRS 18-12-214, but it doesn't stand alone. There used to be english translation of the laws at http://csoc.org/ which is where I really got the info, but it now just says "this section is being updated".

The law discussed by the RMGO site is CRS 29-11.7-204 which is specifically about open carry.

An important thing to remember is that when the laws mention "public buildings", they don't mean "open to the public", but rather "publicly owned", meaning owned by the tax paying public, ie: government owned.

Another important note is I'm not a lawyer, this is info I've gleaned part by reading the laws and part by talking to people familiar with the laws and relevant court rulings.

There are many classes available specifically to cover CCW laws in CO.

12. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

If the class/instructor doesn't cover these topics in depth including referencing the actual statutes, you need to find one that does.

kd7dvd and Gnarly like this.
  13. David L. Holt

David L. Holt Loaded Pockets

Indeed they should. I also would much rather go into it more educated and read the statutes for myself so that I have better questions. ;)

kd7dvd likes this.
  14. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

In the UK police work as police and there's no moonlighting. IE paid work of any other form. I assumed police officer was quite well paid over there and surprised the officer was doing overtime as security at a cinema.

15. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

That's a can of worms that cannot even begin to be addressed in this thread. :)

16. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

Does anybody have a "there but for the grace of God go I" feeling about this? How easily a simple traffic stop might turn into a story in the local paper saying, "Tragedy was narrowly averted today when a local man, pulled over for a broken tail light was found to be carrying three knives (a Squirt, a Vic Classic, and a Gerber Artifact), a lighter and a firesteel (potential arsonist), and a high lumen flashlight (you could blind someone with that!). He was known to post on Internet boards with chatter relating to knives, flashlights and (ah!) firearms. :confused:

Aleister, kertap75 and Gryffin like this.
  17. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

I wonder if I should be nervous about carrying my Fatboy now... (I live in Ohio.)

powerring likes this.
  18. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

The logical conclusion at the end of this slippery slope is, potentially they don't even need to search you. Any number of us post the exact contents of our pockets or packs here for everyone to see. It's not hard to get to a point where "HugeMultiToolFan" in Anytown, New York is profiled on the basis of carrying a 4 inch Spyderco everywhere with him. I don't think this happens, but it's interesting to think about.

David L. Holt and Aleister like this.