1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which earphones do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by beast, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Zac S.

Zac S. Loaded Pockets

IMO Skull Candy Ink'd earbuds are superb and uber cheap. They sound amazing if you are using a non system player that allows UI tweaks.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

beast likes this.
  2. wretched_youth

wretched_youth Loaded Pockets

I'm happily using Etymotic MC3 earphones - much better than the iPod in-ear buds

3. wuhui

wuhui I am a SHILL

I AM A SHILL DO NOT LISTEN TO ME!

4. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

I use Skullcandy TIs for my over the ear fix
    Skullcandy full metal jacket iPhone for buds
    Motorola s10hd if I don't feel like screwing with cords

beast likes this.
  5. edcedcedc

edcedcedc Loaded Pockets

Paradigm Shift series IEM is pretty good choice. Paradigm quality, but perhaps a little heavy on the bass side of things........fine by me. Also some models have in line Mic for phone usage. Very hard to beat Paradigm for audio, imo.

6. TrickyVic

TrickyVic Loaded Pockets

I use my V-moda remix everyday and love them. I listen to some rock but mostly country and the sound quality is very good. I had an old pair of vmodas years ago that broke and V-moda replaced them no questions asked. They have an excellent warranty. I've also tried the Sennheiser CX300B and they're also good. I've tried a couple of the skullcandys but wasn't very impressed. I suppose they're good considering the price.

7. Talus

Talus Loaded Pockets

beast likes this.
  8. cj797

cj797 Loaded Pockets

I love the ink'd. I have several pair. I wear them at work, and on my motorcycle. Cheap enough to loose, but give a great sound.

I used to wear the Sony earbuds with a volume control on them with my iphone, but after trying a pair of ink'd ones, i was hooked.

Zac S. likes this.
  9. whoozle

whoozle Loaded Pockets

Sony MDR-EX35LP. Good outside noise isolation but you might get some cable noise.

MSRP - $40 but you can find them on the Internet for $20.

It comes with three different sized in-ear silicon attachments so they're quite comfortable :)

10. aaronu

aaronu Loaded Pockets

Klipsch.

S4i's are probably too expensive but control your iPod/iPhone and sound great. Not as good as Ety's, Shure, etc. but pretty darn good. The S4i's are currently on sale at Amazon for $56.

For lower cost, look at Klipsch S3. I've never used them but they share a lot of DNA with the S4/S4i/S5i phones. They also happen to be $32 at Amazon as I type this note. I suspect that they're totally worth the extra $7 over your budget.

I've had a few pairs of Ink'd and some other Skullcandy phones and they don't hold up. My teenaged son's gone through multiple pairs of Ink'd as well. They sound OK, right up until you try some good quality cans. In a moment of weakness (and/or stupidity) I gave him my S4i's, and he hasn't been able to break them. He also won't ever willingly go back to entry level headphones after using the S4i's.

beast likes this.
  11. TechJunkie

TechJunkie Empty Pockets

Stay away from Skullcandy, they are not worth it, unless free! JVC mallows are ok but not that great. I agree about the (any) Meelectronics for your budget, or try Brainwavz Beta if you can handle a couple more dollars. Some Wal-Marts are now carrying A-Jays IEM'S, so that might be another option. RadioShack carries the S4i's but can be had online for much less. I'll try not to give you a headache of options, but... Another way to go would be the best phones you can afford now and pick up a headphone amp in the near future. Check out the Fiio e6 (~$30) or Fiio e11 (~$60) either of these will blow your mind if your use to just plugging in cheap phones and going!!

(Yes, I know Wal-Mart carries Monster beats now, but they are crap unless you can get them for 60% off or more)

Headphones and EDC items are 2 of the reasons I am always broke!! So let me warn you, headphone searching as a hobby is as bad as EDC searching, Im at $2300 for the year on headphones!!

Last edited by TechJunkie, Jun 26, 2012
    beast likes this.
  12. Americanozzy

Americanozzy Loaded Pockets

+1 - Sennheiser PX100 -- $55
    Great set of headphones