1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which brand watch is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Terscry001, May 7, 2013.

1. Terscry001

Terscry001 Loaded Pockets

Just want to know that which brand watch you like most?

If you like, share us your favorite watch collection.

For me, i like the Casio G-shock, it is so tough and nice, so many awesome styles to choose.

2. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

G-Shocks are my favourite too for day to day use. I think some of those frighteningly expensive mechanicals are beautiful works of art, but not practical for me. I'll also give Seiko and Citizen a mention for exceptional value and good looks.

3. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

4. EmberMike

EmberMike Loaded Pockets

I don't have many watches, but they're all Nixon.

[​IMG]

freytes2010 and Sarky like this.
  5. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

I've never heard of those. They are quite unique looking.

6. EmberMike

EmberMike Loaded Pockets

They're known mostly among the surf/snowboard/skate crowd, which is where they got their start. But in recent years they've branched out to a larger audience with a more diverse product offering. They're built with athletes in mind, so the watches are pretty tough.

Check out http://www.nixon.com/mens/watches/ They have a pretty large selection, considering they have typically been known as a sort of niche brand. Lots of stuff that might appeal to the EDC crowd as well. Mine are more for looks than functionality, but Nixon also makes some watches with advanced functions like temperature display, tide indicator, timer, digital, etc. As well as some more darker military-style designs, like this one.

Quality is generally great, and customer service is phenomenal. The band on the watch in the top center of the photo broke a few years back. I sent it in and they replaced the whole watch with the newer version, for free. It was way out of warranty, but they did it anyway.

7. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

Yeah I've already had a look. Some of them really appeal to me, especially the chunky ones. There's a few that look rather G-Shock like. Good customer service is always inspiring.

8. ThreeWulfMoon

ThreeWulfMoon Loaded Pockets

Love my Victorinox Divemaster. I've never been much of a watch guy, but this watch has changed that. I'm gonna pick up another one sometime with a less "in your face" color face than bright orange. My wife gave around $200 for it--not a lot in the grand scheme, but more than I had ever paid for a watch. It has been worth every penny.

9. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

I'm partial to Timex. All of my Timex watches have served me long and well, and none of them broke the bank.

The first watch I got from my parents was a beautiful little wind-up Timex. I loved that watch and wore it for years, but it was on the small side for a kid's watch so I eventually outgrew it.

Years later I gave it to a friend who admired it and could fit it (probably a girlfriend, but I can't remember exactly). If I'd have known they'd stop making wind-ups so soon afterward I'd have kept it instead and passed it on to my heirs. :bundle-of-joy_throwvertical:

That watch left me with a fondness for wind-ups that continues to this day.

I'm also partial to Timex for coming up with the Indiglo light-up watches. I remember how cool these were when they first came out, and how much better they were than the tiny lights that barely made the numbers visible. For years, I used Timex digitals just for this feature.

Tesla, Southpaw and Omega Man like this.
  10. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

Bulova hands down for me!

11. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

It is difficult to choose an overall favorite ... but I think the value provided by both Seiko and Orient (which are now related brands) is fantastic !

How about a classic dive watch, with an in-house automatic mechanical movement and 200m WR rating, for about $100 ? That would be the Orient Ray :D

12. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

I've always wanted a Rolex so that's my grail brand. I also really want a Sinn U1 so that's my 2nd place grail. I currently own a Marathon MSAR and I love it! I wear it as much as I can. It was bought for me by my younger sister. Not only is it valuable by itself there's tons of sentimental value. Also, it's my wife's favorite watch of mine. That being said, I love my Casio G-shocks. Casio G-shock has to be my all time favorite brand/sub brand.:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ile, azpops and Sarky like this.
  13. ypsifly

ypsifly Loaded Pockets

Seiko:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

G's are close second for the durability:

[​IMG]

14. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

I miss my Suunto :cry:

update: Got it back now :D

Last edited by microbe, Jun 15, 2013
  15. BigRob
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

BigRob Loaded Pockets

I love my Citizen... However, it is the only nice watch I have besides a couple of Fossils (which have done great for me).

16. zombieslayer001

Casio gshock xl.

17. uzmati

uzmati Loaded Pockets

Currently Citizen. I have a few that I rotate out. This is what I'm wearing today

[​IMG]

My favorite is an Eco-drive radio controlled model that has world time markings. Very handy for work.

Firemission and Lee Bradbury like this.
  18. GG_Blaisdell

GG_Blaisdell Loaded Pockets

Marathon

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus-6 (basic pleasure model)

Ile, freytes2010, azpops and 2 others like this.
  19. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

I love this post. My post would have been almost exactly this one, so I'll cut it shorter.
    I found a Timex digi-ani combo watch on the beach during a family vacation as a kid, around late 80s. I think that may been the jumping off point on my love of watches, and finding things.
    I wore it for years even thought it was probably big on my wrist, looking back. But Timex is my brand hands down. Tried GShocks and other Casios. Nobody has or beats the Night-Mode where the glow stays on during button presses. Such a simple miniscule feature, but it has been a dealbreaker on every other watch brand. And they're combo faces, which I prefer, are usually cleaner and less cluttered and free of spinny-a-jigs and LCD pinwheels.

20. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

I'm a big *finder*, and am always on the lookout for interesting stuff. As a kid I found a gold and diamond bracelet in a revolving door at a fancy hotel. My mom still wears it. :tongue:

I've also found various multitools, knives, and flashlights over the years. My current Spacepen Bullet was a random find.

jeepsrjason likes this.