1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which Atwoods to keep

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by randyha, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

There have been quite a few in the BST lately.  Are you looking for anything specific?  I know you mentioned a ti whistle, but I'm sure there are a few of us that might be able to help you out. 

2. Viking 7

Viking 7 Empty Pockets

Thank you very much. I know that I'm going to show my "newness" here, but what is BST?

3. Itamimasu

Itamimasu Loaded Pockets

After we get some more posts under our belts, we will be allowed access to the BST=Buy,Sell,Trade thread.
    (I say "We" because I'm a Newbie hear as well.)
    It's like a classified that recently got put on lockdown(to stop kooks from taking advantage of it)
    When I first joined it was open to all, and I can't wait to see it again. ;D

4. Viking 7

Viking 7 Empty Pockets

What's the magic number of posts? Any idea?

5. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

Sorry, I didn't realize that not everybody could see or access the buy/sale/trade area. Seems like it used to be around 25 posts or so before you could post in that area. It may have changed recently.

6. ajacobs

ajacobs Loaded Pockets

Loaded pockets status is required. I think you hit that at 25 posts.

7. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Keep them all, but give me the nibble! :winkwink:

8. DSC

DSC Banned

9. ajacobs

ajacobs Loaded Pockets

I thought it was 50 also but then after I posted I went back and edited my post to 25 becuase there are several people in this thread of loaded pockets status between 25 and 50 posts and the forum description says fifty. In short I guess I don't know.

10. matt0

matt0 Loaded Pockets

I believe it's 15. I thought it was 25 as well but I guess not.

11. DSC

DSC Banned

Actually, it really is 50. I know it says "15" in the rules, but it didn't show up for me until I had 50 posts. I recall a couple of months ago reading a post stating the new minimum was 50 posts.

12. CarlJ

CarlJ Empty Pockets

FWIW, I think the number is a bit of a moving target, which has been tweaked a number of times lately in an attempt to balance things (they simply want to avoid people coming here only to buy or sell)... I saw the "we're moving the bar to 50" post, back when I only had 10 or so, but have since seen people have "Loaded Pockets" status with as little as 16 (recent) posts. I was expecting to have to wait to 50 for "Loaded Pockets" status, but then noticed that I had it at around 30 posts. And I always had access to B/S/T... go figure (I always presumed it was an "honor system" thing, as in "don't post in here before N posts", vs. "you can't see in here before N posts", until people made noise about being locked out). Anyway, the best advice is to enjoy the forums, make meaningful posts (not a slight at anyone, I've seen the rules and moderators emphasize the same point) as the occasion arises, and look back occasionally at one of your own posts, to see when "loaded pockets" appears.

13. Khemist

Khemist Empty Pockets

I feel very comfortable carrying a Nibble and a V-Notch Atwrench (plus pocket knife)...I have other Atwoods but those two pretty much have all the bases I need covered.

14. matt0

matt0 Loaded Pockets

Yup, I've had "Loaded Pockets" since my 15th post. My 16th post was a WTB in the B/S/T section...

[/offtopic]

15. jossta

jossta Empty Pockets

I would say the Nibble, MSOPThing, Funnybone. Although I like the Prybaby, those three have the most functionality IMHO.

16. thewayofthegun1

thewayofthegun1 Loaded Pockets

My .02

If I had to keep 3 it would be:
    1) Crawdaddy
    2) G3 prybaby
    3) Nibble

I would keep the MSOP too. You need to keep at least one edged item.
    I just wore my crawdaddy on a necklace to Applebees with a t shirt, jeans and my timberlands... It looked and felt good. Definitely one of my faves.

17. thewayofthegun1

thewayofthegun1 Loaded Pockets

I got loaded pockets early too :D

I just recently discovered EDC... ive been active for a while at ARFCOM & bladeforum. My recent love affair with atwood tools has bought me here. Nonetheless this place is growing on me quick..

Im enjoying my time here.