1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Which are the best jeans?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by 1ofmany, May 17, 2011.

1. stax
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

Way late to this, sorry. Those are sugar canes.

2. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

I used to wear only Wrangler, now I own a single pair of Duluth's Ballroom Jeans (christmas present). While I still love my Wranglers for most days, I will admit the Duluth's are very comfortable. They're just not a style I tend to buy.

3. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I prefer DicKies Carpenter pants but I get most of my jeans as gift's so I wear what I get.

4. xero404

xero404 Loaded Pockets

levi's 501s have been my goto jeans for awhile now. Course i go to lucky when they are on sale at around $30 they've been good quality and stand up to washes in the years.

5. rjwiggall

rjwiggall Loaded Pockets

My favorite jeans are wrangler boot cut... not that I wear a lot of boots, they just seem to fit well. I'm not sure if there is a difference in department store wranglers and big box store wranglers, but amazingly (I have trouble believing it myself), I found my favorite pair of wranglers in a walmart on the cheap. Actually, I'm wearing them right now. Even with the ripped bottom cuff and hole in the pocket, they're still my favorites. I think the reason I like them is because they're roomy and reasonably thin and that's how I tend to like jeans.

6. neonecko

neonecko Loaded Pockets

I'm part of the small few here who are into premium Japanese denim (I actually found this website a couple years ago through a denim forum, hence my 2010 join date :D). While I understand how ridiculous it may be to pay $300+ for a pair of jeans, I shrug it off since I only buy a new pair every 2-3 years. Well worth the price considering I wear them almost everyday. The construction and craftsmanship is top shelf and witnessing the slow fading process of raw denim over time is akin to watching the beautiful aging process of premium leather! Plus it feels like I'm suiting up in armor every time I put my pants on.

Jeans will be jeans though, so just wear what you are comfortable with ^^

[​IMG]

7. RottingxZombie

RottingxZombie Loaded Pockets

what are you wearing in this picture? i like the fading and they look nice and thick. i want to get a pair of selvedge/raw jeans but i still havent decided what exactly i want yet. im thinking something in the naked and famous weird guy fit

8. neonecko

neonecko Loaded Pockets

In that particular pic I'm wearing 19cm made in Japan Diors. Their actually not that thick(maybe 14oz which is why I love wearing them during the summer). Definitely not as thick as my 19oz Samurai s5000bk, but more comfortable :).

The Weird Guy fit seems to be quite popular amongst the newer crowd from what I've heard. Check out www.selfedge.com and www.blueingreensoho.com for two of my favorite denim spots. They both carry amazing brands worth taking a look at. Get a pair of raw selvedge and you will not regret it! Unless you sit on a white couch...that's a no no. I'd recommend you physically going into the stores if at all possible. That way you can get measured and have your jeans hemmed accordingly. If not, Selfedge offers free worldwide shipping and you can let them know how much you want hemmed.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on so much...I have no affiliation with either companies mentioned above. Just a happy customer ^_^

9. nwevans

nwevans Loaded Pockets

A little Off-Topic, but have any of you tried the whole never-wash-your-jeans-but-stick-them-in-the-freezer thing? Read about it, and am a little skeptical . . .

10. airsickness

airsickness Loaded Pockets

These by far are the toughest pants I've ever owned. Aside from
    Filson Tin cloth pants, I havent seen anything better. Great fit, utility for us EDC nuts! Even has leather re-enforcement on the front pocket so my tape measure does'nt tear up the cloth. Top notch!!

11. neonecko

neonecko Loaded Pockets

Lol I'll try to answer this but other people's experiences may vary.

In short. I put them in the freezer, but also gave them a hot soak and they didn't smell.

I'll share with anyone interested my brief knowledge of denim based on past experiences.

*****SKIP THIS IF YOU DON'T CARE!! Just my two cents.*****

With raw denim, if you wash too many times too soon, the jeans will lose it's indigo. Leaving you with faded light blue jeans all the way through. Defeating the purpose of buying raw.

By going longer periods of time without washing, the indigo will slowly wear at normal areas of stress(ie: back of the knee, thighs, etc.). This leaves you with a completely unique fade, personal to your lifestyle! The harder you wear your jeans, the more beautifully they will fade! Or at least the contrast in color will be more defined.

I wash my jeans at least twice a year by hand in my bathtub. I recommend this at least during the beginning of your purchase. Washing raw denim in your washing machine could stain it blue! By waiting until most of the 'loose' denim is gone, you no longer have to worry about that. I soak my jeans in the bathtub with hot/warm water whenever I feel like they're getting 'grimy'. This removes dirt and other contaminants from the denim.

Washing is definitely recommended for your jeans! This will help to retain the strength of the threads, allowing you to wear your jeans for that much longer!

I'll stop it here. Hope I didn't just waste your time by making you read all this. You looked! Best wishes! Take care everyone!

12. persco

persco Loaded Pockets

No, I find this totally interesting. Thanks for the information. I'd like to purchase a pair of raw denim (Japanese) jeans but don't know where to start, really.

13. stax
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

http://www.selfedge.com/ If you see anything you like, call the San Francisco store to ask about sizing. Some premium denim lines are vanity sized, so you have to size down one or two sizes to get the best fit. There is also shrinkage to consider.

14. Drang

Drang Loaded Pockets

If I could afford Filsons, I wouldn't be wearing Riggs...

Maybe if I plug them enough, Filson will give me a "local blogger discount", or something... Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

15. assoc

assoc Loaded Pockets

Love my Texas Jean Co jeans.

16. filjos

filjos Loaded Pockets

Another vote for Kuhl. The Ryder pants are simply awesome, and I have a pair of their shorts too that I have been living in all summer, and they still look great. As far as denim goes, I used to wear Levi's, but I can't find a style that I like anymore since they started making all the skinny jeans, so I have a pair of Lee's now that are great. I usually have a hard time finding pants that fit me correctly, as I have kind of big legs from all the kung fu and mountain biking, but Kuhl pants always fit great, wear soft yet tough, and have some nice pockets for my stuff.

17. Kombi

Kombi Loaded Pockets

Hold on a tic.

There's something else besides Levi's? :eek:

thwippa likes this.
  18. Orvis5585

Orvis5585 Loaded Pockets

I really like my Mountain Khakis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

19. ZapperMobile

ZapperMobile Loaded Pockets

I've been sticking with Tellason/Cone Mills. It is not as good as the Japanese stuff, but it is not $300 either.

20. larrupin

larrupin Loaded Pockets

Great thread! Raw denim stuff is interesting, enjoy reading about it but I am way too CHEAP!
    I have been thinking seriously about the Riggs and I just read thru this post, nice to see so many good comments on then. Especially for the reasonable price they go for a a local farm supply.

Gonna have to stop in there and look at those again!;)