1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where to go for watch PM

Discussion in 'Watches' started by auxcoastie, Jun 12, 2006.

1. auxcoastie

auxcoastie Empty Pockets

The manual of my Citizen skyhawk says I should have the gaskets and other things changed out every to years or so. I am not the kindest to my watch with saltwater immersion, I work in a chem lab so vapors and such are around and I am on the water for Coast Guard so I am around alot of salt air.

Where do I send my watch to have some PM done? A jewler, factory or are there 3rd party shops you folks know of. Like I wrote before, this is my first watch over $30 bucks and I would like to have it for a long time. Heck I hate to admit it but I never even thought of a cleaning schedule until I can here. You guys are a good influence.

Auxcoastie

2. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

In town we have a reputable independant shop that does a lot of mid-priced $200-$2000 watches, from Swiss Army to Tissot and Oris. He doesn't keep many other more expensive models in stock due to the overhead, etc.

He looks after all of my watches, whether $25 Timex beaters or my nicer Tag. Tests all watches for being sealed tight and has an excellent repair record with me and my friends and relatives that use him. If you can find a little shop you can trust they are great to use. Support the little guys and get the care you need.