1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy zulu straps

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Goliath, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Goliath

Goliath Loaded Pockets

Hey all

I would like to buy some Zulu straps (probably black and/or olive green) but I can't find a place where they have the originals for a good price AND ship it to Europe for less than a small fortune ;)

Does anyone have a website where I can order it? I need the 20mm ones, and I guess I'm going for the 2 rings...

I've found some on eBay but those look pretty fake, don't really know if that quality is less than the originals?

This are the ones I found on eBay for a reasonable price and they look like the real deal although I can't see any holes... What do you think?
    eBay link

link shortened to prevent horizontal scrolling
    :gl:

Thanks very much!

2. Jumpmaster

Jumpmaster Banned

[edited...they may be authentic...]

Countycomm won't ship international?

The zulu bands I have are the one-piece with the additional strap that goes behind the watch for extra retention in case a pin breaks.  The ones on ebay look suspicious to me...though I have seen zulu bands in that style, you're right -- where are the holes?  You shouldn't have to create your own holes on a real zulu band...

JM-99

3. Goliath

Goliath Loaded Pockets

Nope, Countycomm doesn't ship international :( Really sucks because there are a lot of items I would like to buy sooner or later!

4. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

If those are rip-offs, they are very good ones.  I'm wearing a black Zulu from CountyComm, and everything looks identical to me.  Weave, hardware spacing, stitching around the hardware, double bend in the catch bar, etc.  Given the angle of the pics, the holes are simply hidden from view.  I can fold mine up and it looks exactly the same.

BTW - there are no holes for the first 1-5/8" (~ 40mm) of the strap.

If I wasn't in the US, I'd give the seller a try.  96.7% isn't bad for feedback.

5. Goliath

Goliath Loaded Pockets

Hmm OK, thanks for the info :)

I'd like some more comments before I'm buying it though :D

6. Jumpmaster

Jumpmaster Banned

...well...his feedback is also "private"...another red flag...

You're right though...the holes are probably under the top part of the strap, but I thought mine go farther toward the buckle.  I'm not wearing mine right now though so I'm sure you're right...

JM-99

7. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

Yeah, private FB is a flag, I didn't notice that.

Here's a photo I just took of my Zulu, approximating the eBay seller's view:

[​IMG]

And here's one with the band pulled over enough to show the holes that are hidden in my first photo:

[​IMG]

8. Goliath

Goliath Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the pics codeman!

Indeed, I also noticed that his feedback was private... But if I pay with PayPal, don't I have buyers protection then?

9. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

Sure thing.  I don't know how "good" buyer's protection is.  I usually use a credit card, though, so the few times I've had problems, I simply dispute the charges rather than relying on eBay/PayPal.  Amazingly, the few problems I have had didn't involve eBay or PayPal - just sleezy businesses.

I don't know the seller, but it's possible they are an honorable and truthful person who's had one buyer go crazy with a negative FB. eBay makes it darn near impossible to remove feedback, even if it's false, from what I've heard. The seller could have simply taken the easier approach of hiding their feedback rather than fighting to get it removed. That's pure speculation, though.

Why don't you ask him to send you a photo of the band stretched out so that you can, uh, evaluate the holes to determine whether it will work for you? If he's willing to do so, I'd take that as a good sign.

10. Goliath

Goliath Loaded Pockets

Thats a very good suggestion! I'll do that one of these days; I'll let you guys know what the outcome is :)

11. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

What about having someone in the US ship the CountyComm band to you?

12. Co_Outdoorsman

Co_Outdoorsman Loaded Pockets

PM me I might be able to help you...

13. ohmygoat

ohmygoat Empty Pockets

14. Goliath

Goliath Loaded Pockets

That's great; thanks guys!
    I don't have time right now to research the different options but I'll do that one of these days!

15. J Smith

J Smith Loaded Pockets

bobmwr over on the USN carries them.I think he will ship outside the US.
    I just ordered a OD,coyote and maroon from him.

16. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

You also might try Timefactors, which is located in the UK. They sell Rhino straps, which are very similar to Zulus (arguable which is better).

http://www.timefactors.co.uk

17. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Loaded Pockets

I got mine from Howard Marx at Westcoasttime.com. He shipped to me for $5 and I'm in South Africa.

Howard is one swell guy. I was so taken with the Zulu strap I was keen to become the S. African distributor for them but the local watch shops didn't share my 'vision'. Their loss!

There's a two piece version of the Maratac Zulu also available (the ones I got) and they are GREAT! They also now have 'tactical' ones (matte black hardware).

Howard also has gen-yoo-wine NATO straps as well. Awesome strap.