1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy Wathes?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by dfergut, Jun 17, 2011.

?

Where did you buy your watch

1. Internet

18 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Store

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. dfergut

dfergut Empty Pockets

What is the best place to buy a watch and get good deals. I bought my last two watches online and was happy with them but I tried them on in the store first then went online to find a better price. It was hard to not just buy it at the store on impulse but I was able to hold out and got a better deal in the end.

2. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

I don't trust the Internet for buying anything.It's better (in my opinion) when you see it in a store and take a close look at it.

3. Garland

Garland Loaded Pockets

I recently bought a dicontinued titanium Citizen's eco-drive 5250 online. I chose to buy from a Hong Kong ebay retailer because the overseas version of the watch I wanted had a sapphire crystal whereas the US versions had mineral crystals. I am very happy with the watch as well as the transaction.

I would not hesitate to buy from Amazon.com or any other online retailer with a good return policy. I hate driving all over, and I like saving money on the watch as well as sales tax.

4. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

Internet will save you money but you get to play with watches at stores before you buy one.

5. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

I agree with Freedoom. You're definitely going to want to try the watch on before you buy it, which you can do at a store. But, you're almost always going to get a better price online.

6. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

For something cheap or very inexpensive, online shops are fine. For anything remotely expensive, find an authorized dealer.

7. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

8. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

The big problem with shopping in stores is the limited selection for me. Take Seiko for instance, they have a huge product line up, but tis almost impossible to find any one retailer that has more than a dozen models (at most) on hand.