1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy an XD?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by copierguy_mobile, Jul 17, 2008.

1. copierguy_mobile

copierguy_mobile Loaded Pockets

Where can I find a good deal on a 3" .40 XD (xd9822)?

I've seen them locally for about $575 (Bass Pro Shops) and on-line in the $550-560 range but by the time you add shipping and transfer fees, I may as well pay retail. :brickwall:

any thoughts?

-Greg

2. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

Try your local gun shops (not the big chains). They should be able to get you a good deal. That's where I would go.

Since I am submitting my CHL application next week (I passed my test!), I am considering calling my local gun shops for either a XD 45 compact or XD 40 subcompact that will take my XD 40 Service model in trade.

3. johnsoax

johnsoax Empty Pockets

Not recommending that you go this route, but I got mine the following way.

My dad bought an XD9 4" and liked it, but really wanted a Glock 17, first generation.

So, I found and purchased a Glock 17 and traded my dad.

4. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

5. copierguy_mobile

Good suggestion, Thanks

I went down to a local pawn shop that is also a Glock dealer. He had the 4 inch XD for $500 and offered to get me the 3 inch for the same price. I think I'm gonna take him up on it when payday gets here.

-Greg

6. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

Why not look on the gun forums and buy one used? You can get the XD45 compact for around $400 with nightsights usually, and the XD9's for less than $400 from what I have seen.

7. vermeire

vermeire Loaded Pockets

Just a baseline for you:

XD9802HCSP06

SFLD XD40S&W SUB COMP BLK 12RD

SPRINGFIELD XD SUB-COMPACT 40 S&W SEMI-AUTO PISTOL, 3" BBL, BLACK POLY FRAME, 12 RND MAGAZINE

$414.50

That is the price that a local shop in PA pays for the gun from their distributor. You should be able to find something in the $50-75 more than that range.

The $500 deal from the pawn broker sounds reasonable. Try to get him to throw in a box of ammo and/or some other small accessories. I will typically tell a dealer that I know what wholesale is on the gun and want the best deal. I will also let them know that I realize they are in business to make money and I'm not going to get nasty if I don't think they are giving me the best deal.

8. Vic303

Vic303 Loaded Pockets

9. copierguy_mobile

Thanks, that's good info.

You don't happen to know distributor price is on the xd9822, do you? It's the same XD but w/ stainless slide.

Stainless isn't a must, just looking for something a little different than my Glock.

-Greg

10. clutchUSMC

clutchUSMC Empty Pockets

I just bought a XD45 Tactical Bi-tone for 530. That was local however I have seen them as low as 430 online.

11. chriscoobs

chriscoobs Empty Pockets

I got mine today for $523, XD9 BITONE 4" at my local range, it Should of course come with the xdgear and 2 mags. I looked around at alot of places locally before buying it and $550-580 were the prices i was seeing at all the other stores i went to in the area(i went to 3 other gun shops and 4 or 5 sporting goods shops casually looking for the past month). If you cant get a better deal, as others have said see if the salesman can throw in a couple boxes of ammo, extra XD mags etc. You are bound to find a local dealer who will throw in something or wiggle on price a little. Its not a rare gun so hold out a little while longer and get the price/deal you are happy with, it will be there when you are ready. or you might try to print out the online quotes and bring them to the dealer, he may be willing to wiggle a bit. good luck, its a sweet gun, i got to break it in a little today, worked great.

12. Exmasonite

Exmasonite Loaded Pockets

i'm a member over on www.xdtalk.com

It's a very good board and you can find some good deals on XD's, too.

13. copierguy_mobile

Between EDCF and CPF, I'm not sure I can handle another forum!! :lolhammer:

Thanks to everyone for all the tips.

A trip to the emergency room with my little girl has put my XD purchase on hold till more funds are available. (Don't worry, it was nothing that a few stitches and a popscicle couldn't fix.)

-Greg

14. Jaygnar99

Jaygnar99 Empty Pockets

Hope your girl feels better!
    I'm sure you'll love the XD when you finally get it. :roof:

15. Kostoglotov

Kostoglotov Empty Pockets

If you aren't too picky on color, Cabelas was running specials on XD's a while back.

I got a desert colored frame .45 w/ a 4" Barrel & 5 mags for under $500