1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

where on your body do you carry your firearm??

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by chico13, Dec 22, 2009.

?

where on your body do you carry your firearm??

1. hip (Left or Right)

107 vote(s)
    74.8%
  2. sholder (Left of Right)

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. ankle (Left or Right)

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. other (explan)

29 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. Quigley

Quigley Empty Pockets

Friends,
    Right front pocket in a pocket holster.
    Q

2. along

along Empty Pockets

shoulder holster or iwb right side

3. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

right side about 3 o'clock with a crossbreed supertuck IWB

4. fireshawn

fireshawn Empty Pockets

Right side, 3ish with a safariland ALS or a bianchi locker

5. Jerkeejoe

Jerkeejoe Loaded Pockets

Glock 26 at 4:30 in a C-Tac

6. smith

smith Loaded Pockets

i carry on my right hip. If the gun is not there then i'm in either in class or in bed. Then it's either in the truck or on my nightstand.

7. xkalifornian

xkalifornian Empty Pockets

Glock 36 at about 4: or S&W 442 in right front pocket.

8. MartinDWhite

MartinDWhite Loaded Pockets

Glock 26or Glock 17 in bianchi retention holster about 5 o'clock.

I also have a Maxpedition Fatboy that sometimes hold one of the same weapons.

9. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

Right side 3'oclock IWB.

10. Chinaman

Chinaman Empty Pockets

I carry with an IWB at the 4 o'clock position. Every now and then I use a pocket holster.

11. bobmysterious

bobmysterious Loaded Pockets

Right side 3:00, MTAC IWB.

12. beatdogg

beatdogg Loaded Pockets

Right side hip, almost rear.

13. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Hi all,

Well after carrying for work for 30+ years I have tried just about every option I have heard of that I thought sounded good. Up North under a coat, a shoulder holster was ok, however I did not like that mode of carry having to put my strong arm accross my body to draw. I was always concerned that my gun arm could be grabbed.

On occassion I carry a KG Products two tone Grey / Black fanny pack holster. The two tone doesn't scream GUN. I have felt comfortable occassionally using this mode of carry for the past 20 years. However my primary mode for the past 30 + years is strong side slightly behind the hip. Currently a 1911 in a Blackhawk Serpa. I have no problems doing this in hot sunny South Florida. I will continue this mode until someone can prove there is a better mode.

As a police officer I must share that an ankle holster carry is SUICIDE. and deadly for others as well! I can't begin to express my thoughts and concerns after having watched another officer in a struggle on the ground with a bad guy. When I arrived with a third officer for back up, the officer was still struggling on the ground. The officers pants on the leg where he was carring was up. His gun and ankle holster were exposed. The bad guy had gotten a good look at it and was attempting to go for the gun. The third officer and I realized what was happening as we were running up. The third officer was much closer than I and arrived about a car length ahead of me. He was able to deliver a swift kick to the bad guys head and saved the day. From that day on. I will never consider ankle holster carry. If any body here is in USCCA they can feel free to share this with Tim Schmidt for his members to assist them.

Many of our members need serious training from what I have read in this thread. Some cases of pocket carry without a pocket holster can be dangerous (a key, coin, or other item in the trigger area can cause a discharge espically with a Glock). Also carrying with an empty chamber is stuff for TV or the MOVIES. When you need your gun is not the time to chamber a round or attempt to (if you remember).

If your gun has a Decocking / (safety) lever, decock and leave the lever on FIRE (if the gun has other internal safety's) when carrying. The auto pistol school I attended showed a video of an officer being shot in the forehead during an actual convience store robbery. The officer was off duty, in the back of the store when the armed robber aimed at the clerk and demanded money. The officer drew down and challanged the robber. When the robber turned on the officer, the officer began to attempt to fire (over and over). When the officer realized his gun (a S&W 9MM) had his decocking lever / safety on safe, he released the safety and was killed at that moment.

Carry prepaired, Carry LOADED and Carry safe, the life you save migtht be your own. Remember your safety rules "Treat all guns as if they are loaded". When you are carrying for self defense you must carry like the police, LOADED AND READY.

14. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

XD-45 in a Blackhawk Serpa at 3:00.

Sometimes in the Jumbo; seldom in my Condor thigh rig.

15. mike_in_sa

mike_in_sa Empty Pockets

M&P 9 on left hip. If I'm carrying my LCP then it's either left hip or small of back. Occasinally, it goes in my left front pocket.

16. skeet

skeet Loaded Pockets

At about 4:30 in either a Milt Sparks SS2 or Milt Sparks VM2. Spare mag is at 6:00 in a Wilderness Tactical horizontal mag carrier.

17. Waterborne

Waterborne Loaded Pockets

Right side IWB.

18. Dynamik1

Dynamik1 Empty Pockets

It depends on the gun Im carrying and my attire. LCP and dress slacks=front right pocket. Khakis and Kel-Tec PF-9=IWB @ 4 o'clock. Suit and Beretta M9=IWB "appendix carry". Jeans and Glock 23=IWB @ 4 o'clock.

19. hksigman

hksigman Empty Pockets

milt sparks iwb about 4 o'clock
    riding a motorcycle ive been using a chest rig from survival sheath under my shirt....

http://www.survivalsheath.com

20. Rick R

Rick R Empty Pockets

Usually at 3:00, IWB if it's hot and I'm wearing a loose untucked shirt. If it's cool enough for a vest or jacket I'll use a belt holster at 3:00. If it's hotter than the hinges of Hades I'll pocket carry in cargo/safari shorts. And if I'm wearing a dress shirt but no jacket I have been known to use what I believe is called a "Texas Carry" where you stick it in your waist band cross draw inside the buttoned up and tucked in shirt. Easier to do than explain! If a speedy draw is called for unbuttoning the shirt is optional as buttons can be replaced. ;-)