1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

where on your body do you carry your firearm??

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by chico13, Dec 22, 2009.

?

where on your body do you carry your firearm??

1. hip (Left or Right)

107 vote(s)
    74.8%
  2. sholder (Left of Right)

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. ankle (Left or Right)

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. other (explan)

29 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

hi there people i was just wondering where people carry there fire arm

2. rph2go

rph2go Empty Pockets

I keep my Keltec p32 in my pocket.

3. 2506sniper

2506sniper Loaded Pockets

IWB in the small of my back

4. burntrat

burntrat Loaded Pockets

I am still looking for the most comfortable spot on my hip. Either its annoying while sitting or walking.

5. CCK

CCK Empty Pockets

6. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

I carry a Ruger LCP in a Stoner leather "wallet" holster.

7. Justinicus

Justinicus Loaded Pockets

Glock 30 in the front pocket.

8. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Most commonly strong side IWB.

9. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

Tommy Gun pack or Smart Carry (I actually wear my smart carry at home, under a t-shirt, over my shorts/pants)

at work inside my office, NAA mini clipped in strong side pants pocket (with holster grip)

10. snare

snare Empty Pockets

11. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

strong side, belt holster

12. anifong

anifong Loaded Pockets

LCP in front pocket in desantis holster

13. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

Any number of handguns.................but always on the right hip.

Mike

14. mrhockey

mrhockey Loaded Pockets

Depends on how I'm dressed, but most of the time it is a Smith 642 in a Galco pocket holster in my front pocket or a USP Compact, Beretta 96 Compact or (fingers crossed that it feeds reliably) a 3 inch 1911 either Kimber or a Colt Defender inside my waistband at 4 o'clock.

15. Waywardace

Waywardace Empty Pockets

Keltec p 11 using Uncle Mike's IWB at 4:00 position. Getting a glaco classic lite shoulder holster soon to see how that works out.

16. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter Loaded Pockets

My Dear Friends,

OK - like most topics concerning handguns, I am a highly opinionated SOB. Please bear with me as no disrespect is intended, but after ten years working at a gun store and owning just about every handgun/holster combination you can imagine I have developed some very serious likes and dislikes. I have wasted SO much money in the past on toys that looked good on paper but failed miserably to produce results.

I carry strong side behind the hip, FBI-tilt high-ride. Period. The holster might be a paddle holster, it might be on my belt, or it might be IWB, but it never moves from that spot. Move your carry rig around too much and you might find yourself reaching for a gun that isn't there at a critical time.

A few thoughts on alternative carry methods:

Ankle Holsters - They suck. ;D Well, in fairness they're OK as a last-ditch backup, but I don't fancy the idea of having to stop running for cover in a hail of bullets long enough to draw the gun. Hopping along on one foot while trying to draw also looks pretty pathetically stupid. :lolhammer:

Small-of-Back Holsters - They suck. :( Actually, they're not bad until you get into an automobile. Get into a good rear-end collision and the big steel fulcrum you have riding in the middle of your back is very effective at doing serious and permanent spinal damage.

Crossdraw Weak-Side Holsters - They suck. ;) Crossing your body in a draw is a great way to get yourself tied up by an opponent and have your draw interrupted. You reach across your body, I place one hand against your drawing arm and press towards your body - you aren't drawing anything. Been nice knowing you.

Shoulder Holsters - They suck. :laugh: Seriously, same issue as with crossdraw holsters. Too easy to get tied up by an opponent, and as an additional issue too often you'll sweep part of your body (arm, etc.) with the muzzle during your draw. Bad enough when you're calm, but when you're stressed? Too easy for an accidental discharge to occur, and shooting yourself looks really stupid.

Front of the hip carry strong-side is a viable option if you prefer that, and is very quick to access. I do find it somewhat harder to conceal in some cases, but if it works for you then by all means.

My rationale for behind the hip carry is just two decades of trial and error. Besides, I keep an edged tool handy in front of the hip and don't want one tool to interfere with another.

------------
    Hannibal

17. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

I used to carry strong-side hip, FBI cant. The last six months or so I've been carrying strong-side appendix and like it more.

18. kg5388

kg5388 Empty Pockets

I use a pancake holster and run my belt through the holster then the belt loop on the strong side and then through the other holster loop.

It stays centered and tight to my body but I can slide it back to almost a behind the hip or slide it forward towards an appendix carry.

I carry either a Sig P239 or a S&W 1911 and if I'm dressed up it's a S&W 642 38sp in a pocket holster

19. k2mykel

k2mykel Empty Pockets

I'm a big fan of the 5.11 holster shirt.

20. Neo9710

Neo9710 Loaded Pockets

:laugh: :laugh: AMEN Brotha! I am pretty much the same way but not too obnoxious (No offense Hannibal!) but I do take it seriously. Ive been carrying my Glock 26 for the last 12 years and I have had to draw it out more than once. I have also gone through a NUMBER of holsters in the search for the "perfect" one. I have always gone back to this one on my right hip..

[​IMG]

I agree with everything that Hannibal put in his post O0 O0. Where you wear your holster has a lot of different variables that people don't take into account such as the type of clothing you wear, body size, where your going and what your doing, etc. I am a fairly thin person (5'9.753752" and 170 pds). My holster works great because it keeps my weapon from protruding out of my shirt. I see a lot of overweight persons using this holster and the butt of the gun sticks out at almost a 90 degree angle! The new craze are the plastic molded ones (such as the Blackhawk Serpa holsters) are nice - but they stick out too much for my taste. But, they work well for people who's upper body stick out a lot farther than their belt line. The belly bands are a pain in the :censored: to get to. I used to wear one and the Miami Vice Classic when I rode my motorcycle. My idea was that I had to get my gloves off anyway before I could grab it so it's not that bad. I had the unfortunate pleasure of getting into an accident one day. Well, since I had my belly band on, the gun went straight into my ribcage and knocked the wind right outa me! The gun was fine - I just couldn't breathe.

Hope this helps..