1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where do you stash your cash?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by lotsofstufftogo, Feb 12, 2010.

1. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

This is A non issue for me.

I spend it as quick as I can make it. We got Bills to pay:(

I do got a thermos full of change if that counts.

2. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Now here's a very functional lanyard. Great idea jacknife.

3. patrat

patrat Loaded Pockets

I cache my cash all over the city and nation. I contract with a company that stores it in secure electronic vaults, which I access with a magnetically coded card and a secret number sequence.

Also keep about $100 on me, but separate from the spending cash in my wallet.

4. eggzoomin

eggzoomin Loaded Pockets

I just keep mine in a little money clip/ cardholder in my front right pocket - loose change goes in the same pocket and is then given to my girlfriend for "repurposing" when I get home. I've been thinking of possibly sticking £20 under the seat of my car just in case I somehow don't have my clip though, for food or smokes or enough petrol to get home.

5. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Jacknife, that might be the most clever thing I've see here since someone mentioned that you could carry 6' paracord inside a pants leg by looping it through a belt loop. It kind of looks like there might be a bit of paper under the tape to prevent it from sticking to the money. If so, has it ever slipped off? Have you ever lost money carrying it this way?

6. T.H.Cone

Sorry. I was so impressed with Jacknife's solution that I neglected to mention that I keep a spare $20 in a CC delrin storage capsule on my "survival" keychain.

7. Straya

Straya Loaded Pockets

There's always money in the Banana Stand

8. louiebob

louiebob BST/Marketplace ban

:) i love that show...

9. limitless

limitless Loaded Pockets

...buried in several coffee cans in the backyard. Every time I need something I have to dig one up.

10. jacknife

jacknife Loaded Pockets

You're very observant, there is a piece of paper between the notes and the masking tape and for the reason you thought. I started doing this with a rubber band instead of masking tape, this works fine, but I think the tape is a little more secure over time. The notes are quite tightly held in the keyring and it takes some effort to remove them even without the tape, so loss should not be a problem...I've never had any problem, though I suppose there is always the risk of losing the knife and the money with it.

Another advantage of having a stub lanyard is that you can hold the notes/paracord in your teeth and open the knife one handed if that was necessary. Having used this method of carrying spare cash for some time now, I can say it works well enough for me. The survival canisters do the same job and have a place, but they are a bit of a pain when actually attached to a knife in my opinion. My method is quiet, no clanking against the alox, and is comfortable in the pocket and if anything makes the keyring of the Pioneer slightly more comfortable when in use.
    I hope some of you will give it a try and that you will find it useful.

11. T.H.Cone

Thanks for the clarification Jacknife. I'm going to give it a whirl for sure.

12. pagga

pagga Loaded Pockets

If anybody (and I'm sure it's a lot of us) has a smartphone and a protective cover of some sort, a good solution is to put it in the case, then put the case back on the phone. Harder to forget the phone and you don't ever have to think twice about the money.

13. gremlin078

gremlin078 Loaded Pockets

I believe that coins are a waste of space. Try to even find a payphone now. A generic phone card like ATT from Walmart serves you better. As far as cash I keep a couple 20's in my EDC bag in my notebook cover

14. ixbrian

ixbrian Loaded Pockets

I keep an extra $40 in a seperate zippered pocket in my wallet and a $20 bill in a capsule on my keychain. This extra emergancy money has come in handy several times..

15. Jakerock

Jakerock Loaded Pockets

Really like the inside the phone cover and the flashlight, unfortunately my 1X AAA doesnt have enough room.

I am thinking of sewing a little pocket into my bag strap and or my belt.
    [​IMG]

16. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

Where do you stash your cash and what's your address? Thanks.

17. Jakerock

Jakerock Loaded Pockets

Well, there is probably one place you won't look...

18. Rule .308

Rule .308 Empty Pockets

I typically have a spare $1,000.00 in my wallet and my walking around cash is just folded in half and in my right front pants pocket. If I am going out of town or going hunting I will usually put 2K in my pocket just in case it hits the fan. I have had occassions where I was glad I had it but usually it just gets put back in the safe when I get home.

19. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Try using one of those cards if your car's low-pressure warning light switches on. If it's not a blow-out, you can still pull into a gas station and put air into the tires. No such thing as free air anymore. Going rate is .75 cents, and there's no slot to swipe your cards. Plus, the gas station attendants can be petty as Hell. If they see someone pull up in a nice car, they'll give you plenty of :censored: why they just can't make change for you. I keep three quarters in a hidden compartment in my car for such an emergency. Those phone cards are obsolete now that cellphones are cheaper than dirt.