1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where do you stash your cash?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by lotsofstufftogo, Feb 12, 2010.

1. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

You have a great brother. ;D Yes, they are pricey, but worth every penny, and their warrenty is top notch. That other company gets you another anything if you loose it, and a new one if you wear it out?

2. Atomick

Atomick Loaded Pockets

I, too, squirrel away cash caches or so in various places: Kayak repair kit (in case I need to land somewhere unplanned and need a taxi), my spy-capsule whistle (in my EDC organizer), my decoy/drop wallet, and in my car. I've found that the County Comm hook-and-loop ID sleeves are the perfect size for half-folded US bills. I've got one of those sleeves stuck to the upholstery under my car's driver's seat; impossible to see without kneeling with the door open, and held firmly in place.

3. ijakers

ijakers Loaded Pockets

Most of my cash ends up in my wife's hands! Somehow she smells it or uses some other female super sense that lets her know I have any on me! If I do manage to hold on to some it's in the money clip attached to my front pocket wallet.

4. drb328
    • In Omnia Paratus

drb328 Loaded Pockets

Usually i dont carry that much cash on me, maybe 20 at most in my wallet. I use my debit for everything ever since my direct deposit started. if i know im going somewhere that is cash only i'll stop at the ATM on the way and pull out a couple extra bucks

5. cat

cat Loaded Pockets

Thinking about this, I can see I need to have an emergency stash in more than one place.
    In the car and on the car keys...The car could be stolen or hijacked and I'd expect them to take my wallet and phone. So I'd be stranded somewhere, I'd need cash on me. I think under the inner soles of the shoes I wear every day (two pairs of trainers.)
    House keys...I leave them in the car when I'm shopping because it's such a big heavy bunch.
    It reminds me, I still need to figure out a good stash place in my house. ...must do it.

6. cat

cat Loaded Pockets

Apparently that's one place thieves always look.

Yes. Calamity scenario means you need at least a few hundred.
    In a drawer...should be taped to the back of the drawer. Thieves often pull out all the drawers and dump the contents on the floor, to find valuables quickly.
    I don't have drawers. Maybe in a sealed pouch taped inside the toilet cistern. hmm

7. cameraman

cameraman Loaded Pockets

$100 - spy capsule on keyring (1x $100 bill)
    $150 - tucked back in my wallet (1x $100, 1x $50 bill)
    $50 - hidden in car (various small bills)(this sometimes pays for parking, tools, etc, but always gets topped off)
    $0 - currently stashed at home (I really need to fix this)

8. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

A stash can holds emergency cash at home. Carrying cash is in right front pocket. I have gotten old enough now, that I should be able to keep cash in my wallet, but, old habits die hard.

When I was younger, I started carrying my money in my right front pocket, instead of my wallet, because, I didn't always know where my wallet was, but, I always knew where my pants were.

9. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I keep $100 or so spare in the back of my wallet, and normally another 50 in my memory card wallet (which is always with me at work)
    I have been trying to get another $20 or so into my work bag, but havent yet

I normally use the cash at work - to pay for parking normally.
    I also have a little zippered bag full of coins that i use for old fashioned coin only parking meters - it would probably make a good kinetic attitude adjustment tool if needed too.

10. fisk-king

fisk-king Loaded Pockets

Within the security box hidden away I have $3000 plus silver and gold bullion (roughly $3k ). In my truck I keep $20 hidden in the eye glass holder and usually $5 in the arm rest. Inside my wallet I have a 1oz. silver bar and usually around $20 in cash. I mainly use my debit card, which I hate, and will probably go back to cash/check transactions in the near future, I hope:sigh:.

11. Ollie243

Ollie243 Loaded Pockets

I agree with this comment keep 5£ in my car for emergency fuel or drive thru should really make it 20 but times are hard and there's always kit to buy!

12. Carvenstein

Carvenstein Loaded Pockets

I have about twenty bucks stashed behind the spare tube in both of my bike's under-saddle bags. beyond that, the most money I keep tucked away is the change down in the couch cushions!

13. colubrid

colubrid Loaded Pockets

The number 1 best response so far.

14. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

yup wife.....I can't even get it from her. hahahaha

15. Idaho Gunslinger

Idaho Gunslinger Loaded Pockets

A 1 oz. Silver coin sewn into the inside of a coat doesn't take much room or weight. On the other hand, paper money may be stored under the steering wheel on your car. (At least on mine, I can wedge a couple bills into a little crack and they stay there, out of sight.)

16. jcullen

jcullen Loaded Pockets

$100 in small bills wire tied under the dashboard, been there for years.........

17. mwestjeeper

mwestjeeper Loaded Pockets

$1k in gun safe
    $500 in pocket
    $100 hidden in wife's wallet that she doesn't know is there (if she calls me in a bind, then I tell her about it, if I tell her now it would be spent and not replaced)
    $200 in GHB

I was raised by parents who always carried / stashed cash, so I've always kept plenty around due to childhood brainwashing...

18. surfanimal

surfanimal Empty Pockets

I've got $100 folded under my drivers license, hidden in car, and in office drawer. Car and office are mostly "oops I forgot my wallet and need gas or food"

19. jacknife

jacknife Loaded Pockets

I keep £40 on my EDC knife. I fold the notes and feed them through the keyring then put a little masking tape around them.
    If I've got my knife I've got money...and I've always got my knife.

[​IMG]

20. photorob

photorob Loaded Pockets

I keep mine in an ammo can inside an ammo can.. One day I'll have room for a gun safe but as of now basement apartments just don't have room...