1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where do you carry your wallet?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by vivek16, Oct 8, 2009.

?

Where do you carry your wallet?

1. Back Left Pocket

156 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. Back Right Pocket

353 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Front Left Pocket

196 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Front Right Pocket

187 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. Other (please explain)

113 vote(s)
    11.2%
  1. Bas and Lokes Straps

Bas and Lokes Straps Empty Pockets

2. Electrohead

Electrohead Empty Pockets

I carry my wallet in my left leg-pocket inside one of those smaller pockets in that pocket, that exist on many 5.11 pants.

3. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Usually a side cargo pocket or back pocket

4. craigstuart

craigstuart Empty Pockets

I've had numerous physical therapists and massage therapists tell me that your back pocket is the worst place to keep your wallet, because of how it affects your posture when you sit down on it.
    Contributes / causes lower back problems, etc.

5. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

Like a lot of us, I was taught at an early age to carry my wallet in my back right pocket.

Then I went to engineering school, and later got into computers, and generally spent a LOT of time sittin' on my keester.

So a few years ago, I switched it to my front left pocket, and haven't looked back. HUGE improvement in comfort, and I keep my wallet pretty thin. I dunno how anybody with a 2" thick wallet can sit on it!

6. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

Back left pocket!

While many men who are right handed carry their wallets in their back right pocket, some evidence points towards the back left pocket for right handed men. The logic seems correct that right handed should imply right side pocket, but I think it's actually the contrary. You remove the wallet with your left hand, open it, and HANDLE THE MONEY with your dominant hand rather than the wallet. Plus it always leaves your dominant hand free while you are retrieving the wallet, which is always a good thing. Most importantly, take a look at any good pair of mens dress pants, and take a look at the pocket in the back. You will most ALWAYS see one of two options:
    1. A buttoned pocket on the left side only.
    2. Buttoned pockets on both sides.
    Each of these options is common, but you will very seldom if ever see a pair of slacks with a button solely on the right side. It is only logical that the button is meant to protect the man's wallet, and the fact that many pants come with just a left side button reiterates this. In the end it is all still personal preference. I think most boys probably use whichever pocket their fathers use. But on technicality, I think it's back left pocket.

My two cents ...
    GuardDog

7. bisbob

bisbob Empty Pockets

The chiro said....

Years ago my chiropractor told me to get my wallet out of my rear pocket. It was making me sit funny while driving and causing my back to be misaligned. Sounded like B.S. but I moved my wallet to my front left pocket. Back got better for a while. It is just so inconvenient to grab at. But probably cuts down on the chances of having my pocket picked.

8. captainamerica

captainamerica Loaded Pockets

I normally carry my wallet in my back pocket. When traveling or in a crowded shopping area or festival I put it in my front pocket. The metro area news and police have never officially said pick pockets were a problem here but it really only takes one time. I'd hate to lose the wallet. But I would also hate to lose my knife, extra max, pistol, keys, etc. It's quite a tradeoff some times.

9. 3 AE

3 AE Loaded Pockets

I carry in my back left unless I'm in an area known for pickpockets either home or abroad. Then it's in my front left.

10. captainamerica

captainamerica Loaded Pockets

A coworker just mentioned the chiropractor advice as well.

11. Wesker

Wesker Empty Pockets

Front right. It stays on my strong side with my knife. I cannot stand sitting down with something in my back pocket so I've never felt inclined to keep it there.

12. Yager

Yager Empty Pockets

Front left, and I am right handed. I used to carry right rear YEARS ago, but I used to drive alot, and it started causing me pain, so I switched.

13. Gray_Pierce

Gray_Pierce Loaded Pockets

right cheek pocket...

14. ian_glover

ian_glover Empty Pockets

right side, rear pocket for me. been carried like that for 5+ years now

15. grangerknives

grangerknives Loaded Pockets

I wear nothing but these tru-spec 24/7 shorts. They have 14 pockets; some internal, some external. So I keep my wallet in the left cargo pocket, rear internal pocket. Left cargo pocket, front internal pocket is for my business card holder. Right cargo pocket, rear internal pocket is for my blackberry. Right cargo pocket, front internal pocket is for my ink pens. These shorts are not cheap but I like them. Them have a knife pocket on each side, about three inches below the belt, between the front and rear pocket that is big enough to hold a 4.5" long 3 layer SAK easily. I have been wearing them for about 4 to 5 years and have never had a knife fall out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Al_G19

Al_G19 Loaded Pockets

I used to always carry it in my right rear pocket, but once I started carrying IWB, I switched to my Left pocket, I don't think I would go back..

17. jdpaet

jdpaet Empty Pockets

Back Right Pocket. Anywhere else is uncomfortable

18. yugotprblms

yugotprblms Loaded Pockets

Rear right. Has always felt the most natural and secure.

19. concho

concho Loaded Pockets

Right rear pocket is the most natural for me. I tried left rear but was uncomfortable. Sometime keep it in cargo pocket though.

20. RickBlane

RickBlane Banned

deep zipper pocket