1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where do you carry your wallet?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by vivek16, Oct 8, 2009.

?

Where do you carry your wallet?

1. Back Left Pocket

156 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. Back Right Pocket

353 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Front Left Pocket

196 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Front Right Pocket

187 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. Other (please explain)

113 vote(s)
    11.2%
  1. Jeriah

Jeriah Empty Pockets

I think of right-rear as standard. I typically carry left-front, for two reasons: 1., I don't like sitting on my wallet, and 2., I think it'd be harder to pick my pocket.

Wearing a Utilikilt, I will transfer my wallet to one of my rear pockets if I need the cargo pockets for other things. Utilikilts offer two advantages against pickpockets: 1., they're unconventional, which means that whatever technique the pickpocket uses to pick a pants pocket, might not work on a kilt. They're likely to move on rather than risk getting caught in a failed attempt. 2., the wallet pocket on the Workman model is very secure, super deep with a reinforced slot opening. I think they'd have a hard time getting it out of there without seriously groping me.

If I'm wearing my jacket, I tend to transfer it to the Napoleon pocket on my left breast (inside).

If I'm carrying my Maxpedition Jumbo, I'll transfer my wallet to the appropriate pocket on the flap; it's a perfect fit with a Spec Ops THE Wallet.

2. secondechomatt

secondechomatt Loaded Pockets

either right front, zipped in my parka pocket or in my jumbo.

3. hungry hunter

hungry hunter Loaded Pockets

I usually carry my wallet in the left cargo pocket (my work uniform pants are all BDU-style). If I'm in my civies, it's left rear - but I'm seriously considering downsizing and going front pocket.

4. Skidder

Skidder Loaded Pockets

When either in uniform, or wearing cargo pants when off duty, left cargo pocket is usually the place.

When in line with the TSA boys, as soon as they are finished checking my ID, I dump everything into either a zippered jacket pocket, or into my pack. That way, I don't have to worry about leaving my wallet in the little round bowls on the x-ray machine and my pants pockets are empty in accordance with the TSA.

I used to carry my wallet in right, rear pocket, but once I got old enough to know the bad stuff that can happen to your wallet, I stopped carrying it in my back pocket. If not in cargo pants, I'll leave it in my jacket or front pocket.

5. greyhound352

greyhound352 Loaded Pockets

I carry it on the back right pocket but when I drive or sit down I remove it and place it it various places depending on the situation.

6. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

It changes some times in my front velcro pocket on my woolrich shorts or my back one on my pants. Hardly wear pants on FL except in the past few weeks.

7. Nemo

Nemo Empty Pockets

8. Robotrogue

Robotrogue Loaded Pockets

Back right pocket attached to a wallet chain attached to my belt.

9. morrowsmowers

morrowsmowers Empty Pockets

Since I was a kid I carried my wallet in my left front after being warned to watch for pick pockets. I just bought Blackhawk Warriorwear pants and they have a zippered wallet pocket on the right rear. I now carry a Big Skinny in that secure right rear pocket and am still getting used to it.

10. tonkatoy9398

tonkatoy9398 Loaded Pockets

Dont, its in my EDC bag now. Can get painful on long drives.

11. havz

havz Empty Pockets

Other:

I carry my wallet in my right cargo pocket. I usually wear cargo style pants (5.11 or LAPG Cargo Pants).

When weraing jeans or dress pants my right rear pocket.

12. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Empty Pockets

right front pocket

13. skullpin

skullpin Empty Pockets

front right... gussetted card case style

14. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Jacket pocket usually, preferably one that is inside the jacket and has a zipper. Sometimes in my backpack, but I make sure to put it in some interior compartment where it's not visible or bury it under some other stuff (I think I'd notice if someone started to rummage through my pack). If all else fails, I'll use a cargo pocket (of pants). I'd never put it in a back pocket, that's just way too uncomfortable.

15. cupioarcanamundi

cupioarcanamundi Empty Pockets

I carry T.H.E Wallet; normal pockets are too small for this monster, so it ends up living on my belt, left side; if I have cargo pockets, it moves to the left cargo, but usually I am in jeans. If for whatever reason (formal attire or the like) I cannot carry my wallet, I just pull out ID, some cash, and a piece of plastic and stick it in whatever pockets I have.

Stephen

16. InMused

InMused Loaded Pockets

Leather bi-fold in my Rear Right pocket OR the front pock of my EDC bag. Depends if I need to quick draw it to pay for something.

17. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

Used to carry a Spec Ops THE Wallet in my back pockets but it started to aggravate my sciatic nerve. Stopped carrying it and stopped having back problems.
    Now I use a card case and a money clip or a front pocket wallet.

18. lotsofstufftogo

lotsofstufftogo Loaded Pockets

I also carry the monster THE wallet, I usually carry mine in my rear left pocket. I was recently looking at the Spec-Ops page and saw the belt carry option which looked interesting to say the least, I may give it a try. I may also try the neck carry option as well.

19. retrosurfer

retrosurfer Loaded Pockets

Right rear pocket with a small lanyard in the wallet I can attach to the belt or belt loop if I'm in a crowded area or somewhere it might wander. A few years ago when everywhere you went statrted needing a card I stripped all the extra cards like they give for discounts at stops etc and have all those in a card case in the glovebox if it's a big enough discount I'll go to the car and it keeps my wallet from weighing five pounds.

20. vamil93

vamil93 Loaded Pockets

Back left pocket.