1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where do you carry your wallet?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by vivek16, Oct 8, 2009.

?

Where do you carry your wallet?

1. Back Left Pocket

156 vote(s)
    15.5%
  2. Back Right Pocket

353 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Front Left Pocket

196 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Front Right Pocket

187 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. Other (please explain)

113 vote(s)
    11.2%
  1. vivek16

vivek16 Loaded Pockets

I always carry in my back left. It just feels more natural for me. Most people I know carry in back right.

Where's yours? :p

2. tsacain

tsacain Loaded Pockets

I carry back right because that is where my father taught me to put my wallet when I was little.

3. 1*

1* Empty Pockets

I have carried my wallet in my left rear pocket since I went to FLETC. When I was in the academy, the firearms instructor told us to carry your wallet on the weak side. This was to enable you to draw your firearm from the strong side and wallet/badge from the weak to identify yourself. I'm a righty so the left pocket wallet carry has stuck with me.

4. Sharpmint

Sharpmint Empty Pockets

Front right. I don't carry a firearm, and my knife sits inside my wallet. Thus, I draw straight from wallet to strong hand.

If I had a conventional wallet, it would go in the front left or back left.

5. mister_fox

mister_fox Loaded Pockets

Back left pocket, althought it will sometimes move to the front left if im worried about pickpockets.

6. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

Back right pocket. If I'm worried about pick pockets I just button my pocket closed.

7. codewarrior

codewarrior Loaded Pockets

back left, for no particular reason. I know a lot of you feel safer using front pockets, but I've never lost one - pickpocket or otherwise. I've put it down on counters and forgotten it, but never lost it from the pocket itself. I've been to New York (live on the East coast now, as a matter of fact), Singapore, Kuala Lampur, and places in between. Still safe and sound in my pocket. Maybe I'm just lucky.

8. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

Living in New Orleans for 6 years taught me a thing or two about pickpockets (and the "teams") so I'm able to spot them fairly well. Even if I don't spot them, I check my pockets after the slightest jostle in any type of crowd or whatnot. Currently I'm 6-0 against PP's and have gotten two of them arrested as well. One of those was a major battle whereby I put the guy in the hospital (and then jail) after knocking out 3 of his teeth and breaking his nose with a Fenix P3D. Who says flashlights aren't a good self-defense weapon? :roof:

*edit* BTW, left rear pocket all the way. I have no need to flash credentials so it stays on my strong side :)

Epilektos likes this.
  9. Ajax

Ajax Loaded Pockets

My most common carry pocket is probably a jacket pocket, I hate sitting on my wallet.

My carry location generally depends on what I'm wearing.

Jeans (in a safe location) - Back Right
    Jeans (strange place/crowds) Front Right
    Cargo shorts/pants - Front Right Thigh pocket buttoned.

10. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Front left (im left handed).

Always carried in front pocket since i was a kid - just felt less likely to lose my wallet when sat down or whatever.

11. TV09

TV09 Loaded Pockets

Front Left. My Dad told me wen I was younger to not place it in anything important in back pocket due to pickpockets, etc, so I just adapted front left and it has been there since.

12. chico13

chico13 Loaded Pockets

i carry my wallet if u can call it that, on my keys ande around my neck
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/chacon13/SSPX0024.jpg[/img]

13. awad

awad Loaded Pockets

firearm is on my strong side in a IWB holster at about 4 o clock. cell phone is in the right front pocket, wallet and knife are in the left front.

14. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

Last edited by soli, May 27, 2012
  15. MarioP

MarioP Loaded Pockets

I did carry my wallet in my rear right pocket, but found that my back started to hurt. Now it is either in a jacket pocket or my EDC bag.

Mario

16. cjsmith

cjsmith Loaded Pockets

I carry a Duluth Trading Smallet in my LF pocket. Small, and perfect size. Used to carry a Tri-fold in my RR pocket, but then my back started to hurt. I usually only keep my ID, Debit card, and bus pass in the wallet, with of course, cash! I don't find the need to carry around every card i own.

17. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

jacket pocket...

18. Shookers

Shookers Empty Pockets

I carry mine in the thigh pocket. For casual wear, I'll be wearing cargo pants or shorts. For work, I'll wear Dockers Mobile Pants or something similiar.

For those rare occasions that I can't wear those two options, I'll basically thin out my carry and divide my wallet contents between the two front pockets on my pants and/or jacket pockets if needs be.

19. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I've always carried in my left rear pocket. I'm right-handed so I draw the wallet out with the left and then I'm able to use my right hand to dig out what is needed.

20. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

Rear right, not usually considered safest location, but the wallet's on a chain. The chain is actually a vintage German silver watch chain with elegant soldered links made from square wire, none of those modern shiny chromed iron "keepers".