1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

where do you carry your knife?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by lamepro, Nov 2, 2008.

1. dovk0802

dovk0802 Loaded Pockets

:iagree: That's how I carry my Benchmade 14700BX, HK Auto. It also has the advantadge of preventing the clip from snagging or scratching anything. You can do it with a bigger knife; I've also tried my Griptillian or Spyderco Civilian, but it isn't as comfortable when sitting.

For my dress trousers that don't have a coin pocktet & to prevent a pocket knife from printing, I'll sew the pocket together along the side seam to form a pouch. Since it's an inside seam & won't show, your skills with a needle and thread need only be concerned with not stabbing yourself (as in my case). On one pair of slacks that were lined, I didn't feel like wrestling with it, so I just used a safety pin to create the same effect.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The knife would go inside the pocket of course. Just to show the relative positioning. This also works well for carrying a pen if you're in just a shirt and slacks and don't want to carry it in the chest pocket (or don't have one).

2. Julian1066

Julian1066 Empty Pockets

I carry my BM Balisong horizontally just to the right of the small of my back. My Applegate Fairbairn is in my right trouser pocket and my CRKT N.E.C.K. ...well shoot, that one's a no brainer :lolhammer:

3. nosuchagency

nosuchagency Loaded Pockets

main edc: clipped to right front pocket
    i generally have a backup somewhere upon me as well; i.e., in a belt pouch/sheath @ 4/5 o'clock.

4. Platinum

Platinum Empty Pockets

I carry a Benchmade Mini-Skirmish IWB on my right side and a Leatherman Multitool, either Juice S2 or Wave, in my right front pocket.

5. SBloke

SBloke Loaded Pockets

My SAK rides in a belt sheath on my right hip. Between the rightmost belt loop and the middle rear beltloop on my 501's...

6. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

true EDC is a victorinox swisscard, which I carry in my wallet. normaly that lives in either my left or right hand front trouser pocket, depending on which pocket I chucked my phone in, or my right hand jacket pocket when I'm wearing my jacket.
    when I'm carrying others:
    my sheath-knife (currently a mora frost clipper) lives on my belt, right hand side, just behind my hip at about the 4o'clock position
    my leatherman rides in it's belt pouch in more or less the same position, cept when I'm allso carrying the sheath knife, when it gets moved fowards a bit.
    my larger folder lives in my right hand front trouser pocket, using the pocket clip, blade down.
    my little swiss army knife goes in which ever pocket is convinient. often right hand front trouser pocket, right hand rear trouser pocket, or left side shirt pocket, if I have one.

7. Mr. Henk

Mr. Henk Empty Pockets

Spyderco Tenacious in the front right pocket and SAK in the front left pocket or left leg cargo pocket.

8. STi

STi Empty Pockets

Clipped to left front pocket with knife portion being inside the pocket.
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu292/STi489/IMG_1877.jpg[/img]

9. rlocock

rlocock Empty Pockets

My SAK Farmer lives in the front zip pocket of my cargo pants.

10. jonny8642

jonny8642 Loaded Pockets

usually clipped inside my right front pocket. If you look at my pants, most are frayed on the pocket edge from my knifes.

11. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I currently have my GTC Prisma clipped to my right front pocket, along with a McGizmo Haiku, and my Strider PT clipped to my left front pocket.

I also have knife pocket disease, from having my knives clipped there.

12. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Loaded Pockets

Generally my knife is in my right front pocket. If I'm wearing jeans with a pocket for a ruler, I will sometimes have a fixed balde clipped there.

13. Crazyman

Crazyman Loaded Pockets

I carry a SOG trident inside my front right pocket, a KA-Bar TDI serrated version on my right hip, a Gerber Armor tucked down in my pocket, a Kershaw Ace on my keychain and a Swiss-Card in my wallet. Then there's the multi-tools that go in my left pocket, a SOG Crosscut and a Leatherman micra ( hard to let that one retire ). And a SOG power lock on my belt next to the TDI.

14. corndog815

corndog815 Empty Pockets

SAK Huntsman un my right frony pocket except it varies, sometimes I may get rid of the SAK and throw in the Delica 4 Serrated

15. Decypher Down

Decypher Down Empty Pockets

I carry my ZT 0302 clipped in my back right pocket when I wear jeans. When I'm wearing my Blackhawk cargo pants I have it clipped in my right front pocket.
    Reason for the change is that my pen stays clipped in my front right pocket in my jeans and when I wear my Blackhawk it is clipped in my back right pocket closest to my right front pocket--since the back pockets on the Blackhawk pants wrap around so well my access to my pen is pretty much the same as when I'm wearing jeans.

16. Supa

Supa Loaded Pockets

I carry a Leatherman Blast in a Pouch on my belt and a small Buck locking folder on my keychain. Also sometimes i carry a CRKT Side Hawg around my neck on a paracord chain. And if im going into the woods ther'll always be a Frost's Mora or Trainer on my belt.

17. Captain. Glock

Captain. Glock Empty Pockets

I usually carry a Ritter Mini-Grip clipped to my front right pocket. If I'm carrying a larger blades it goes in my back right pocket. And overly large blades (i.e. Cold Steel X2 Voyager/Rajah) go in appendix carry

18. djturnz

djturnz Empty Pockets

Gerber Folder clipped to my right front pocket, or sometimes in my rear right pocket.
    Beretta SAK Rip-off in my right front pocket.
    SOG Micron around my neck (for now).

A couple of you have mentioned keeping a knife or a multi-tool in the small of your back. I strongly advise against wearing anything, especially something hard, across your spine. Speaking from a Law Enforcement standpoint, that is one of the first things we were told when setting up a duty belt. Lots of officers use to wear cuffs on the spine. Falling (or being pushed) onto your back with something there could EASILY result in damage to sthe spine and some kind of paralesis. Also if it's something that hangs down, you can easily break off the tip of your tail bone. You should keep a 3 or 4 inch area to either side of your spine clear.
    Just an FYI.

19. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

SAK in RF pocket inside a home made slip case. The one hand opening knife of the day gets clipped in my RF pocket.

20. M.TEX

M.TEX Loaded Pockets

pocket for SAK and Backpack for large size knives...like fixed blade