1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where do you buy your knives?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by xnid, Feb 15, 2009.

1. xnid

xnid Loaded Pockets

So let us see where do you buy your knives and why?

Do you prefer going to a store or do you buy them online?

2. ericb445

ericb445 Loaded Pockets

I prefer to go to a real store, this way I can handle what I am looking at. I am very lucky to have one 10 miles from my home town.
    www.GPknives.com
    They are great people that truly Love what they do.
    -Eric

3. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I buy the majority of mine directly from dealers and or True North Knives.
    TNK

4. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I buy online, or at shows. New Graham Knives is a favorite, but I also really like Grand Prairie and Knifecenter. Now that Jon (the forum owner) is selling knives I usually give his site a look first since proceeds support the forum.

5. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Being unemployed now means what is in my store and supporter badges is the only way I have to pay for forum costs so I hope some suggest you buy knives from me if I have what you are looking for.

6. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

For production knives I usually go with New Graham, they are excellent. Grand Prairie Knives and Moore Cutlery are top drawer as well. SpydercoVT is a good one for just Spydercos.

I would prefer to handle a knife first but buying online is faster and cheaper than a retail location. There are some cases where I would buy at a store, but it's not that often. Buying at a show can be good.

7. PetaBread

PetaBread Empty Pockets

yourcornerstore.com

Has the lowest prices for most knives (Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, and etc) and other things also.

Highly recommended by me :-X

8. FeebleOldMan

FeebleOldMan Loaded Pockets

;D I bought my first dedicated folder (Boker Subcom F) from JSBurly's (Usually just rely on LM Charge TTi / Squirt P4 / Utilikey). Good price, low shipping, looking forward to receiving it!

I am also considering getting the SOG Seal Pup Elite as well as a SOG Trident TF-1 from http://sog-knives.net. Cheapest I've found on the net so far, but I'm unsure about how trustworthy they are. Anyone else dealt with Two Point Enterprises before?

9. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

Spyderco's outlet store has almost everything they sell - highway 93 just north of Golden on the west side of the road. Got a Native there a couple months ago for $60 and they knocked off %10 when I mentioned I'd lost my Civilian. Hope someone finds it & gets more use than I did - only had it 3 weeks before it went AWOL...

10. PG5768

PG5768 Empty Pockets

The majority of my knives have come from e-bay or on-line stores (Jay's Knives, KnifeCenter and NGK). My favorite B&M for knives is Wild Sports in Orangevale, CA, although I forced myself to go to Wal-Mart for a new Kershaw OD-1 Friday.

11. Free Radical

Free Radical Empty Pockets

You are an American and buy from a Canadian store?

12. Free Radical

Free Radical Empty Pockets

I've been checking out your store. It won't be long till I make my first purchase. When will the Spyderco's arrive?

13. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

When I get my 401K money I will order Spydies for sure. I hope I can get them before then.

14. _STL_15_

_STL_15_ Loaded Pockets

I go to a local shop and test them out. Then I turn around and buy them at yourcornerstore.com.

15. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

usually ebay! And of course J.S Burly`s in the future... :)

16. Roger999

Roger999 Loaded Pockets

17. corndog815

corndog815 Empty Pockets

I go to an army disposal to look at them and then do some hunting around on the net to see what i can get for cheap. TADGear.com Emergencyoptions.com or New graham knives

18. zcout

zcout Empty Pockets

im surprised that no one has mentioned Plaza Cutlery. Dan Is awesome, great service, got both my Striders and my Sebbie from Dan
    I also get my stuff at Bussecombat.com, Autumns edge and New graham.

on the forums i usually only buy from the Swedish forum utrustning.se (meaning utrustning= GEAR in Swedish) since i live in Sweden.
    and unfortunately i will have to stay on the swedish marketplace as long as our currency, comparing to the Dollar the Swedish crown is worth almost 9 crowns / dollar :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

19. Splat

Splat Loaded Pockets

There's not too many places left around central New Jersey that carry knives. Harry's Army/Navy in Robbinsville has a very nice selection. I try to buy from him if the price is decent for retail since I've already made the trip there and I'm actually holding/trying the knife. Otherwise I'll buy from New Graham or Knifeworks since they're the only ones who've had what I wanted in-stock. FWIW, now that I know about JonSidneyB's store I'll definitely check into there and try to get something.

20. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets