1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Where do you buy "regular" cargo pants?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by [digidude]., Jan 17, 2016.

1. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

I generally wear Dickies relaxed fit or riggs. I thought about 5.11. Just couldn't bare to spend that much. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. Penrith

Penrith Empty Pockets

I have been wearing Tru-Spec 24/7 cargo pants for the last three years. I love them and would highly suggest trying a pair. They are available in Ripstop-poly/cotton or Nylon. Very comfortable and durable. Hands down the best pair of cargo pants I have ever had.

3. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I go to target for anything I don't specifically care about the brand for...

Their manufacturing quality is good, I haven't heard about them abusing slave labor, and they hire a lot of designers to copy popular styles.

sent from a device with a keyboard that hates me

4. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

LA Police Gear Urban Ops Tactical Pants - $19.99 - relatively light-weight similar to 5.11 taclite 60% Cotton/40% Polyester rip-stop fabric

5. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

Just checked those out, planning on picking up a couple of pair next week. Awesome price, and loks great.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

Those are TAD Force 10 cargo knock-offs, but don't let that stop you from getting a pair.
    TAD pricing is generally out of reach for most, so why not.

Desertratt1322 likes this.
  7. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

Like those also.

Normally get the those, Cabelas, or the Duluth Trading Firehouse pants.

8. sk33tr

sk33tr Loaded Pockets

i, too, have been looking for some more cargo-style pants. i like the propper lightweight tactical pants i got back in october (actually wore a pair today when i was out doing a lot of walking). but these look like they're just as good, if not better, for half the price. and that's always a good thing. i don't mind paying for something if it's worth it, but if it's cheaper, all the more better.

so i'll probably be ordering a few pair.

thanks.

9. sk33tr

sk33tr Loaded Pockets

just ordered 3 pair of the la police gear urban ops tactical pants. got them for $17.99/pair + $8.07 shipping. not too bad.

10. piranah

piranah Empty Pockets

Not to derail the thread, but has anybody had issues with Tru Spec's sizing? I love the pants, but the sizing is wonky.

11. jjk454ss

jjk454ss Loaded Pockets

Wranglers. Needed pants one day without running home so I stopped for some cheap pants at Walmart and now I love the Wrangler Cargos.

sol92258 and Desertratt1322 like this.
  12. thumbscrew

thumbscrew Loaded Pockets

Another vote for Wranglers for all the reasons listed. I pick mine up at Walmart 'cause it's easy. I like the velcro pocket closure since it's easy to open one handed. I wear the shorts and the pants and like that all the pockets are a common size for my stuff. I have other brands of pants but they're always last choice mostly because I don't like having to undo and redo a button whenever I need something out of a pocket.

sol92258 and Desertratt1322 like this.
  13. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

Did no one really mention Carhartt they make actual cargo pants. I hate those "designer" cargo pants where the cargo pocket is directly attached to the pant without extra fabric. Then I can't even get my hand in there much less needed items.

14. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I have 3 pairs (2 from 3-4 years ago and a pair that I bought last year). All 3 seem to be consistent with regards to sizing.

15. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

God, it is REALLY irritating that you can't share a flippin link about some cargo pants on this site. I mean c'mon?

Anyway, I really like Docker's Comfort Cargo 3D cargos. They use a flush pocket for the cargo that shuts with a zipper instead of the traditional flap. They're a little more clean/professional looking. Strangely, some of them have a stitching around where the pocket is that gives away that there's a pocket there, while other colors don't and all you see is a zipper, but the zipper is enclosed in fabric so it blends in pretty well. They're also pretty tough wearing fabric, I rotated 3 pair at work for a couple years and they were just starting to wear holes through the outside where I carried the same things in my pockets everyday, so for casual wear they'll last a long time.

16. piranah

piranah Empty Pockets

I was meaning more like the XL is huge, but the Large is like going from a XL to M in other brands. I got a pair of XL, and they were listed as 42-44 waist, returned them for a L, which was listed as 36-38 waist. Its either too big or too small.

17. Jason Jamieson

Jason Jamieson Loaded Pockets

I wear these everyday for the last 3 years or so. They do wear out after about a year and a half for me, small hole from where my weapon rubs from the IWB holder and the coloring starts to fade out a little and looks worn. Now I use mine for both my day job and search and rescue. Great pair of pants and pass of as a casual khaki in my work environment. Worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ataki likes this.
  18. babola

babola Loaded Pockets

Yes, that's correct but the reason is they're two different models of Dockers cargos.

The Comfort cargo D3 pants come with a single thigh cargo pocket (right leg only) with exterior, visible double-stitching. They also feature sewn-on back pockets, again in double stitch, reminiscent of the Vietnam era OG-107 Army Utility pants.

On the other hand the Crossover cargo pants feature both left and right thigh cargo pockets, inset and hidden, without the stitching around the length and width of the pockets. Also the back pockets are hidden/internal and feature flaps only. These are altogether stealthier and lower-profile and come in slightly heavier cotton twill than Comfort D3 cargos.

I have both in different colors which I wear interchangeably and love them for their minute and subliminal styling differences. As you mentioned both types can be worn as smart-casual at work, instead of usual and omnipresent standard khakis.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by babola, Mar 6, 2016
  19. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

Ahh yes, the Crossover. I just did a search and the page I was looking at showed both the 3D and the Crossover but only listed the 3D as a name.

20. JackBauer2218

JackBauer2218 Loaded Pockets

Wranglers Riggs is my go to budget cargos well worth it but if your willing to spend money the Duluth trading company dry on the fly nylon cargo pants are pretty good for spring and summer time.