1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

When to say “Enough”?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Mark Patton, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Wesmanthetiger

Wesmanthetiger Loaded Pockets

I've probably got over 100, but not 150. I have some quality ones, but had a real thirst for finding those "Best Bang for Your Buck" knives. Yknow, the ones that cost under $50 but are as good as some over $100? Anyway I finally got hooked on more expensive knives and stopped buying the budgets. Now I'm slowly selling my extras and buying better ones. Say 4 or 5 knives to get 1 good one? Anyways, my wife told me that each time I purchase a new knife I should think about how it would look sticking out of my body somewhere... I've moved on to tactical bags now!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

What an awful thing for your spouse to say!

Moshe

3. Moose

Moose Loaded Pockets

Jealous much? Me? Only very. Nice collection :D

sl66ICEcuba likes this.
  4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

You sure posted some awesome pictures!

You got me interested in McGizmo (MM) clips and SPRO heavy swivels, among other things.

That Movie Guy likes this.
  5. FilthyJ24

FilthyJ24 Loaded Pockets

Excellent collection! I've owned about half the knives I can see and a few have been all time favorites including both crooked rivers and the 804cf. My problem is I end up "flipping" instead of keeping, so I can spend my fun money on other hobbies. My go to has been the Altitude since I got it, but I pre-ordered the Bailout as an alternative for when I need a folder. I will not be flipping my Altitude for anything.

To answer the op's question, enough is when you say its enough. Some people want the latest and greatest, others will ride a knife til the wheels fall off. Personally my limit is 4. I try to have a dedicated EDC, work and a truck/beater knife with room for a wild card. The wild card this time around will be the Bailout.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Moshe ben David and sl66ICEcuba like this.
  6. yo mama

yo mama Loaded Pockets

I buy for myself for now, mindset they will be given to my children and their children one day. So throwing out 100 blades as a number for a collection isn't going to end that big. Each one may only end up with a few. I swore I'd give most everything away before I'm to old to see them enjoy them.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  7. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Unless victorinox release a stock(and by stock I mean cheap) yeoman or yeoman mechanic I’m pretty much done when I comes to knives unless something is lost or broke.

keycutter likes this.
  8. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I think you just invoked one of the corollaries to Murphy's Law.... ;)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

That Movie Guy and Tallboyjim like this.
  9. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

The yeoman really is an awesome model that Victorinox should bring back. I found a used one on the bay about a year ago and couldn’t resist. I’ve carried it every since.
    [​IMG] I changed the scales after getting it.

10. CV801

CV801 Loaded Pockets

Reamer and corkscrew and it would be perfect for me! Nice scales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

It doesn’t have the reamer, but it does have the corkscrew on the other side.

CV801 likes this.
  12. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

I have enough knives. I have for over 15 years. I couldn't count them on my fingers and toes. I won't be buying any more knives.
    Except sometimes, when I see one I don't have, it reminds me that I don't have one of those yet, and sometimes I have to buy it. Then, though, I have enough knives and I don't have any need to buy any more.

When I go to a knife show or gun show or website that sells knives, unless I need something, my goal is to buy nothing at all. But if I see something that I just absolutely cannot walk away from, then I buy it. That happens sometimes. Either way, though, I win; either I escaped unscathed and didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars, or I got something really cool.

Moshe ben David and HeadOffice like this.