1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

When it's all said and done. What lights do you use?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by azpops, Sep 18, 2016.

1. azpops

azpops Loaded Pockets

As of the past couple of years or so, aside from sending out a few lights to have a mod or two done to them. I've settled with these;

Surefire Fury's; first is an OEM XM-L (great when in a tight area, or property), and the second, modded with an XPG-2, nice distance light, with similar (although brighter) beam pattern as my LX2).

HDS's; OEM 250 Rotary, and a 200 Rotary with an emitter swapped XPG-2 S4.

Presently, I carry the OEM Fury, and OEM 250 Rotary nightly (work).

EDC, the 250 Rotary (in it's Kydex holster) and Prometheus Dark Sucks Beta-QRv2 on my key ring.

Back-ups;

Olight MX2 and Deerlight X-Searcher; Carry either light in my Jeep.
    Malkoff Hound Dog; (I think this one is a second generation) used with either an MD2 or MD3 body.
    Surefire silver E1b; modded with Vinh's DriverVN2. With the high amp draw, I use an AW IMR in it. This pocket rocket is close to my LX2.
    Surefire LX2; Got lucky with the tint lottery with this one, as I did with the E1b.
    NightStick Intrinsically Safe Polymer Penlight; Use this light when I check the batteries in our motor home
    Surefire T1A; this was my key ring light. Now it sits on my desk.
    Streamlight Strion LED; was a gift, but sits next to my NightStick, Fury's and HDS's.

So, what are the lights you've ended up with?

Pops

Last edited by azpops, Sep 18, 2016
  2. Henryhoover

Henryhoover Loaded Pockets

Loads of lights here but the ones I carry and use are the zebralight h52 I have 2 of them one in work kit one in EDC/hiking kit just does everything I need.

Water-Rat, O_G and twin63 like this.
  3. azpops

azpops Loaded Pockets

One of these days, I'll have to give Zebralight a try.

Pops

nicknapp and Lellobeetle like this.
  4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

ZL SC52w and Fenix LD12 all the time as long as I am dressed and Titan T1A through the middle of the night!

I use other lights a lot but these have ended up being the ones that I always carry or have within easy reach.
    I love the HDS lights and have several but they are just not as handy to carry for me so far.

I guess I will also claim a ZL AA Headlamp or Fenix HL50 too but they are not always in reach unless working.

twin63 likes this.
  5. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

So many lights around the house I use a little bit of everything but there are some "go to" lights.I have several lights I rotate for EDC, the Olight S1,4/7s Mini ML,4/7s Mini MLR2,Zebralight SC32w and photons on my keyring. Lately I have also been using an old CMG Infinity Ultra and an Olight i3E on occasion.
    When I need a larger longer running or more powerful light I use several different SF or Malkoff lights all sporting Malkoff drop-ins or heads.I prefer the reliability and simplicity of those lights over some of the other "latest and greatest" lights available.
    The home lights as mentioned before are abundant but one that always seems to get used over the years is the Pak-lite.The glow models are handy to find at night and the 2 levels offer plenty of light for night time use around the house, plus it tail stands.The batteries last forever even using alkalines,one of the few lights I am willing to use with alkaline batteries.I am also using the Streamlight Sidewinder Rescue as a nightstand utility light.I used a piece of LEE light filter material to give the main LED a warmer hue and like the green LED for low light use.The diffuser works as a makeshift lantern and can be used with any of the LEDs.

Edit: I forgot the Zebralight SC5w that I use as my workplace EDC.

Last edited by ZMZ67, Sep 19, 2016
    twin63 likes this.
  6. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

my key chain Fenix E05 for daily, and the E21 around the house..I stick the SolarForce Z2 in the pocket for the tropical storms

sungame and twin63 like this.
  7. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

HDS rotary in the pocket or on the belt everyday. Fenix pd35 as well when hunting and camping.

twin63 likes this.
  8. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Various Quark legos, HDS 325, and D25A Ti N219 in that order.

twin63 likes this.
  9. FK

FK Loaded Pockets

Surefire 6P and Z3 along with 9P leggo assemblies,,, all with Malkoff drop ins.
    Also a few L4 Surefire around the house.
    Bulletproof performance.

Regards,
    FK

twin63 likes this.
  10. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I carry a Malkoff & a McGizmo Sapphire.

twin63 likes this.
  11. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Fenix E15

twin63 likes this.
  12. Strayz

Strayz Loaded Pockets

As someone that has waaaay more lights than I can carry with me without having a shopping cart. I tend to find myself carrying any of of the stock or modified BLF lights. Most of them are custom Programs and the community around them are all about changing or moding them to be all they can be.

Nothing like having a real hand warmer on high after about 2 minutes. :)

twin63 likes this.
  13. Slumber

Slumber Loaded Pockets

I don't have a desire to own or collect a bunch of lights. However, my weakness is for HDS Clickys, but I TRY not to accumulate too many. My chosen few are very similar to yours Pops.

My work lights are usually my Furys or my MD2HOT. This size of light is about as big as I want to own. I've owned larger lights in the past and they collect dust.
    [​IMG]

Weekend 'big' lights when I know I'll be in crowded places or CCW use are my E Series Surefires.
    [​IMG]

Casual EDC utility lights. HDS or maybe the Haiku. Although I rotate through these, I always have one on me. The above lights are carried in addition to it.
    [​IMG]

My house tail stander is a beater Zebra SC62d. This was on me when I wrecked my motorcycle a few years back.
    [​IMG]

Kitchen drawer and truck lights are my 6PX Pro (not pictured) and G2X Pro.
    [​IMG]

I don't want more lights. If I do purchase more, I usually unload something. No keychain light or headlamp.

Tornado, mole, Water-Rat and 2 others like this.
  14. Lateck

Lateck Loaded Pockets

I use what I have on hand at the time.... :cool:
    I normally carry a Olight S30R Baton ll in my pocket so that one is currently the unit most used.
    I do try to rotate lights when I walk my dog so my other lights get used... :bounce:

Lateck,

Strayz, azpops and twin63 like this.
  15. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

My primary users are Foursevens, mostly Quark Pros and a couple of Tacticals. The most used is probably my nightstand light...an older 4Sevens Quark AA2 with a neutral emitter. It stays on moonlight mode and gets used quite often.

In addition to my primary EDC, I always have a Fenix E01 or Maratac AAA on person.

For times when I need a heavy-duty light, I have a few Surefire 6P's and a couple of C2's with Malkoff drop ins.

16. Strayz

Strayz Loaded Pockets

I am sad they have changed the UI and all but taken the old Quarks out of production. I have the Quark 123^2 and it is a very good edc light. I don't recommend it much any more because there are better options out there. Both smaller, and lighter.

reppans and twin63 like this.
  17. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

True, it's too bad that those changes had to be made. All of mine (except one Click) are the original UI. My first quality carry light was a Quark AA that I bought in 2009. I have HDS, Malkoff MDC, Zebralight, etc. All great lights but the Quarks just work best for me.

Lellobeetle and reppans like this.
  18. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I keep an Eagletac 25A titanium clicky on a chain around my neck -even when I'm sleeping. I carry an Olight S1 Baton in a Knifes Ship Free double leather holster with my BRKT Kalahari Bushman, and a Fenix PD35 in my bag or pack. I have several Fenix E-series lights in various kits.

*Almost forgot, have a Streamlight TLR-1 HL Tactical Light mounted on my FN FNX-45, my nightstand pistol. Seems quite dear for the lumens and functionality, but it is what it is - 800 lumen, full on, temporary on and strobe. What it does, it does well.

Last edited by saniterra, Sep 25, 2016
    twin63 likes this.
  19. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Night table: Olight S1Baton
    Purse: Lumintop
    Victorinox Multitool: Maratac Stainless Steel AAA
    IFAK: Thrunite Ti4 Penlight
    Leatherman Wave holder: Thrunite Ti3
    I have many more flashlights that get put with various other multi-tools or other bags and purses. I also have a lot of the thumb lights that I put on the little loops inside bags or packs. I also bought several of the below in various colors to match knives. I also have a Sunwayman M11R, Nitecore EC20, two Fenix lights and the Thrunite Ti5 and two Streamlighs, the smaller pen and the regular length pen. The pen lights usually go in one of my many IFAKs. The worst light I've had is a 4Sevens. Never ever worked right and I should have sent it back first thing, but I didn't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by Lellobeetle, Sep 22, 2016
    Tornado, jcombs, Water-Rat and 2 others like this.
  20. Sao
    • In Omnia Paratus

Sao Loaded Pockets

I always have a nitecore tube and an eagletac d25a clicky ti on me. I have other lights but these two are the most used.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lellobeetle and twin63 like this.