1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

When is ripping off okay?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by LivingUpNorth, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

Yeah, under the guise of supporting women's rights while using the voice of a child to sell it. Talk about insulting. They will say and pretend to support anything as long as the suckers keep buying and supporting.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

2. BarksAtCats
    • In Omnia Paratus

BarksAtCats Loaded Pockets

Eric (Metropolicity) is a member of this community. He has a name and a face and, chances are, if you contact Skinth, you are going to talk to him. He has posted lots and lots of informative threads and he is generous with his time and information.
    Maxped is NOT a member of this community. They are a faceless corporation and, if you contact them, not only will you probably talk to different people each time you contact them, those people may or may not care about your problem. In addition, they have flagrantly threatened the one who began this whole community. In addition to all THAT, they have flagrantly copied Eric's designs (and his pouches are very design specific.)
    In a perfect world, everybody would get along but this is not a perfect world and Maxped has made it very clear that they do not care about this community.
    SO, what it boils down to is this: Eric is a member of the community I am a part of. He has helped me out with information before and I have even "spoken" to him once or twice via PM. Maxped, on the other hand, has not only threatened somebody I like (and if you threaten my friend, you threaten me) they have also tried to undercut Eric's livelihood.
    Whether or not you want to purchase any of Maxped's stuff is up to you. I won't, but what one does with one's own money is one's own business. But there is no WAY I am going to keep quiet about all this!! :eek: I will yell from the ROOFTOPS!! I will tell anybody who will listen! Capitalism is what it is, so Maxped copies Metro's stuff and tries to squeeze him out of the market. My only option as an ethical consumer (MY only option - YMMV, etc. ;)) is to do everything I can to stop Maxped's ability to make money.

JTPhoenix, T.H.Cone and FL Woods Bum like this.
  3. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

What's the jingle? "GE, we bring evil to life."

4. automaticjack

automaticjack Loaded Pockets

Can anyone tell me which pouches are knock offs of Eric's, I can never find them. (I'm not in the market for one, just wondered). The Waistpack series are very similar (the same, really, give or take a larger side pocket or two) to a nylon pouch I purchased about 10 years ago here in the UK. Mind you the front flap on mine fastens with Velcro, not the chunky MP clip. Its about 5"H x 3"W x 2" D.

5. T.H.Cone

Jack, I believe they are called "Tri-Carry" pouches.

6. automaticjack

automaticjack Loaded Pockets

Ta, TH!

Edit: OK, similar, but Eric's products are "skinny sheaths" whereas MPs have that oversized plastic clip giving a more military/tacticool look (and lack of colour choices). When I was overseas in the 80s many of us wore belt pouches of various kinds, colloquially called "faggit bags" (no offence meant, even the gay guys used to call them that) and some had pen pockets, etc on the sides. Not much new under the sun these days.
    Disclaimer. I have no connection with MP or Eric, but I prefer artisan produced goods to mass produced stuff.

T.H.Cone likes this.
  7. T.H.Cone

As always, my pleasure.