1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Whats your uniform (daily wear)?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by InMused, Jun 20, 2013.

?

What's your uniform?

1. A uniform (civilian)

30 vote(s)
    13.4%
  2. A uniform (LEO/EMS)

34 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. A uniform (military)

18 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Suit and tie/Business dress

20 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. Smart casual

54 vote(s)
    24.1%
  6. Casual/Sports

39 vote(s)
    17.4%
  7. Civilian tatical

48 vote(s)
    21.4%
  8. Ordoors

12 vote(s)
    5.4%
  9. Tuxedo

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  10. Other

36 vote(s)
    16.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

Button front oxford cloth shirt or polo shirt with pocket, Dockers slacks, black or brown leather shoes, leather belt.

2. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Don't think I'm technically required to wear a uniform, but do receive a yearly uniform allotment from work. So far it's gone to a couple of jackets that can't be had any other way.

Actual work wear is usually my union shirt in black (blue one for off days), black Dickies, and brown Red Wing boots. Sometimes a band / concert shirt at random, but trying to use the union ones for work.

Destroyed many cool band shirts in my youth stubbornly wearing them to work. :(

3. Arez

Arez Loaded Pockets

Until I find better pants...

Timberland Pit Boss (brown or wheat) or Rigmaster
    Blue (light, medium, dark, indigo) 7-pocket carpenter jeans
    Brown leather belt.
    Watch
    Undershirt (black or gray)
    Black solid t-shirt

4. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I voted sports/casual

Typically I'm in a pair of Kuhl Renegade softshell pants, a button up shirt (typically a lightweight, synthetic, wicking one)
    If its cold or wet, a tight fitting "sports" shirt underneath, and either a softshell or Goretex jacket (with fleece liner)
    Shoes are either trail runners, or polished black composite toe workboots
    Belt is a Wilderness 1.5" with TI buckle, if I need a hat, it's either a freebie I got at work, or a Oakley flexfit
    Sunnies are Oakleys, either 5Squared, Flak Jackets, Fast Jackets or Juliet's.

Seems to work well for me, from the middle of an Aussie summer, to our winter (which isn't really that cold, it sometimes hits 0 degrees celcius early in the mornings)
    And it's neat enough that it's fine at work, and comfortable enough I am happy wearing it to work.

oedipus1978 likes this.
  5. Sao
    • In Omnia Paratus

Sao Loaded Pockets

I wear a shirt and smart trousers for work but I refuse to wear shoes I always have a pair of boots for work even though I am mostly based in the office. When I first started I used to wear German Paratroop boots :p

Outside of work I am usually in outdoor / walking / hiking shirts and trousers (mostly craghoppers) or t-shirt and trousers, I have zero interest in fasion and basically I wear what I am comfortable with and do not care what others think of me.

6. Dok J

Dok J Loaded Pockets

ICU: Hospital issued white scrubs, cheap (so can be discarded when they get stained on biohazardous fluids) white sneakers.
    Ambulance: Company issued uniform. High-vis hardshell and vest, polo, pants with reinforced knee pads and steel toe workboots.
    Off-duty: Sports/casual.
    Random softshell or sweater, mostly black or earth tones, band or stupid message t-shirt, jeans (loose cut) and Panama Jack boots (more durable than I thought), Salomon hiking shoes or NB sneakers.

7. Si_K
    • In Omnia Paratus

Si_K Loaded Pockets

Standard issue UK security which is white shirt, black trousers and corporate tie. In the winter a black "NATO" jumper. All either too big or too small... The issued shoes were awful so replaced them with magnum side zip boots which are fantastic.

warchild likes this.
  8. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

Work gives me a uniform (Fire Captain). Off duty I'm usually wearing khakis and polo's. If I have to dress it up I'll swap the polo for a button down shirt. Sunday's get a sport coat. I only wear a suit when absolutely necessary.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

9. chas353
    • In Omnia Paratus

chas353 Loaded Pockets

Jeans, black tee shirt, navy blue red cap work shirt, everyday for work since I've been doing 7 day workweeks for last couple years.

10. mommy1268

mommy1268 Loaded Pockets

Jeans and a t-shirt fit the bill most days

11. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Loaded Pockets

"Business Tactical". Anything from smart casual up to a three piece suit... with large EDC pockets and boots hidden by various clothing features.

SAKplumber likes this.
  12. elgie.l

elgie.l Loaded Pockets

I bought some wrangler cargo pants to travel in last year and like them so much I've all but abandoned my jeans. The ones I like are the website only "Logan" style.

A 5.11 TDU belt is threaded through them most of the time and my streamlight lives in the cell phone pocket.

Tri-mountain "recruit" shirts in a variety of colors, look good and don't need to be ironed. I've has a couple of these embroidered with our school district logo. I manage the maintenance and buses so I'm striking a balance between work clothes and business casual.

Sometimes i wear leather oxford style shoes but often now I'll wear all black "service shoe" type sneakers.

My wife ribs me because I'm kind of obsessive about how I hang them in the closet but I'm sure she appreciates that I can dress without turning on all the lights early in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

My work issues uniforms, but I am usually in an assignment that doesn't require it. My daily wear is 5.11 tac lite pants and some type of collared shirt. I gave up the t-shirts about a year or so ago. Some off days I will replace the tac lite pants with denim.

I also wear an 'overshirt' but I changed holsters and don't need one as often, especially during the warmer months.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

14. Kope

Kope Loaded Pockets

I usually wear some type of cargo pants and polo shirt. With that said I was issued 5.11s but I couldnt stand the fit. Always a weird fit in the crotch/butt area. I started wearing TAD Force 10s and I realize they are pricey but they have been pretty bulletproof and fit great.

15. cabba2203

cabba2203 Loaded Pockets

"Other"
    I work in a server NOC for a VoIP company. No windows and no face-to-face customer interaction.
    I wear cargo shorts, a t-shirt with a casual unbuttoned button down shirt and boots. I also backwards wear a black bolt face logo ARFCOM hat all the time as I have long hair and although I tie back into a ponytail, it helps keep the strays neat.

16. Antithetik
    • In Omnia Paratus

Antithetik EDC Junkie!!!!!

I voted for smart / casual - Normally wear Camel Active "Woodstock" Jeans and Camel Active Short Sleeve Button Downs (even during the winter) with Camel Active Gore Tex Boots, CAT Worker Socks and CK Boxers - Jackets from Camel Active too, insulation depending on the weather, Camel Active Cap.

Camel Active is not the cheapest brand over here in Germany, but imho offers the best quality for the price, last season models go for 50% less and the pieces last forever. Even got a factory outlet not too far off in Ingolstadt Village, that's in the city where all the pretty Audis come from and Viktor Frankenstein built his buddy. :)

17. Ropes4u

Ropes4u Loaded Pockets

Safety shoes
    White socks
    Carhartts
    T-shirt
    Jos banks button up

18. Foster
    • In Omnia Paratus

Foster Loaded Pockets

Wrangler Riggs cargo pants
    Keen hiking boots
    Short sleeve tshirt (usually green or black, no logos, rarely printed) over longsleeve tshirt. In the summer the longsleeve layer goes away.
    Green tweed flatcap outdoors.

19. Varmitslayer

Varmitslayer Loaded Pockets

Now that its summer I usually wear cargo shorts and a tshirt, unless It's a bad day at work then I wear waders.
    During the rest of the year I wear a t shirt jeans and a light fleece jacket.

20. SponzyParadox

SponzyParadox Loaded Pockets

Depends, either 5.11 pants and polo, jeans and a polo, or suit and tie depending on what I am doing that day.