1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What's your take on Quartermaster Knives?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Cody Trudeau, Feb 7, 2014.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Shills have some form of vested interest in a product but acts like a customer. There is even a science to it for the really good ones.

They get a conversation going about a companies products then do things like bump it at the right times like after it has has slipped to the second page for a day or two. They try and work on herd mentality. It is not normal member behavior. Forums frown on it since done right it can create a lot of focus on a single company at a level higher than the members would other wise do.

There are also sockpuppets and pawn. One shill we once found had multiple accounts and had conversations with himself that drew in other people. Well several have had multiple accounts but this one was memorable. It started off with, "has anyone ever tried one of these" There was a couple of posts by other members then the next day the same person with a different username came in "oh I got one of those and it is great" Then the back and forth started and it started bringing other members in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

Most shills are good enough to not get noticed by most members. The person that stated this thread after some information came in does not seem to be a shill at all but the designer of the knives it seems has done this type of activity according to some people.

Gravy likes this.
  2. Cody Trudeau

Cody Trudeau Loaded Pockets

Well, I'm sorry Everyone. I'm not trying to be a "shill"....I was simply just trying go get an outsider perspective on my purchase. If people thought I paid too much for the quality of Knives. I for one have loves the style of quartermaster, But have had no experience handling one. So I thought I would ask the forums opinion. That is simply all I wanted. Sorry for all the ruckus.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

kertap75 likes this.
  3. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

You are not shilling. I have seen a massive amount of shilling but that is not you.

Shilling is bad for all forums as it hurts their ability to create revenue but in my unique situation it is very damaging. If this forum ever goes away it will be because of shills.

What I see here is nothing more than member behavior.

Last edited by JonSidneyB, Feb 10, 2014
  4. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

This forum is super sensitive about shilling, but to me that is a GOOD thing. Jon and the mods do a great job of keeping them away. So when you read a review or opinion of a product you can usually trust that it is honest. Keep posting knives you like please, only with pics! I'm too lazy to look them up on my own most of the time.
    To be honest there it's a small part of me that sees these knives and thinks COOL! But I don't think I would use them at all. If I had unlimited funds I might pick one up just to have one

5. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

On the knives, I don't understand the grinds. They don't seem to be much practical about them. There is nothing wrong with liking a knife just because you like it. I just happen to not like them...they kind of scream Mall Ninja to me.

TDS and Gravy like this.
  6. Cody Trudeau

Hahaha I understand where you're coming from on that. I started looking to buy one of the karambit's from them. But I saw someone selling 5 different style ones all different sizes with a karambit. So I figured. Hey, why not?

7. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have to apologize. Sorry Cody, my bad on that one. If you have questions this a great place....... we are just a little overprotective at times.

8. Cody Trudeau

No apology necessary It's quite alright.

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  9. Gravy

Gravy Loaded Pockets

My thoughts exactly.

10. bladerunner750

bladerunner750 Empty Pockets

I am dying to get my hands on a QTR-5, but can't find one anywhere! I'm thinking they're moving production over to China right now...
    None of their other blades have any interest to me. I would not buy one over a name brand unless it is particularly unique.

11. WinterSoldier

WinterSoldier Loaded Pockets

I would never buy a quartermaster knife or Mantis knife. Watch any video interview Jared West has done and you'll understand why. Guy is a tool.

12. prayformojo

prayformojo Loaded Pockets

Sounds like there are some outstanding questions about some of the people in the company, and I agree that most of their designs are mall ninja, but I dig the Mr. Roper. That is a good looking blade. Cool blade finish too, I read somewhere that they give it a PVD coating then stonewash it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Maybe that one is looking good (I think same) because it's looking very much like a Fairly Knives Framelock Folder.
    There we are again about Quartermaster designs that look like we've seen them somewhere already...

14. Goemon

Goemon Empty Pockets

Actually it is a Warren Thomas design from his 2.5 model

Adahn likes this.
  15. jamsie

jamsie Loaded Pockets

BEWARE! I had been on the outlook for a nice EDC, meaning small yet having some real substance and came across Quartermaster. Do the research, I found that there is NO WAY these knives have 100% sourced USA parts and build, I just call :censored: on this company. Take a look at Warren Thomas on Facebook, he was ripped off by them.