1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Whats your poison?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Seiko, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Seiko

Seiko Empty Pockets

What type of drink do you like to relax with?
    Beer? Wine? Mixed Drink? Hard stuff?

I love Rum, in all its incarnations. Most every night I enjoy a glass.
    My top two reasonable priced ones are Old New Orleans 3 year old ($20) and Mount Gay Extra Old ($30)
    Price no object Pyrat Cask 1623 ($250ish)

I used to be a tequila lover (1921 Reserva Especial), but rum won me over.
    Haven't touched beer or wine in probably 5 years.
    So whats your poison?

2. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

For starters, my cocktail that I always order is a Greyhound, vodka and grapefruit juice, and usually stick with that all night long.

Our favorite party drink is a Portuguese cocktail that is translated into "Crazy Bitc#." That one is also vodka but with a Portuguese Passion Fruit Cocktail.

For those slow pulls with cigars, usually a scotch.

3. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

Well for starters Lets get this out of the way before El Verbo says it ! :laugh: No i dont drink tobacco spit ! :laugh:

I Love Tequila ! JB Wagoners Ultra Premium 100% Blue Agave Spirits (Temequila) 50% Alc (100 Proof Made In The U.S.A. / Orendain / Cabrito / Corralejo / Mezcal ,Cuzano Rojo / Milagro / Jose Cuervo Black / Don Eduardo / Chinaco Anejo / Corazon / Don Julio / Tres Generaciones / El Jimador / Agavero / Old School Jose Cuervo / Joven , Añejos , Reposados , Blancos , NO SHOTS Straight Up !! ;D

Appleton Estates Rum / Porfidio Rum (from Mexico) / Johnnie Walker Black / jameson irish whiskey

4. marvyn

marvyn Empty Pockets

Not a huge drinker any more but when I partake I am partial too...

Beer - European beers (Chimay, Pelforth, Budvar), English Bitter (Black Sheep favourite brewery of the moment), or Guiness

Wine - yes please, mostly strong reds but I am partial to a refreshing Rose on those rare Biritish summer days.

Hard Stuff - Malt Whiskey (favourites at the moment Talisker 18, Lagauvalin 15 Distillers edition and Monkey Shoulder) or a nice Armagnac after a glass wine.

Hold by the old addage of not drinking grain after grape.

5. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Tea. I rarely drink anything alcoholic, but when I do, it's usually whisky or rum.

A couple of older threads that might be of interest:
    What's your favorite beer?
    Scotch, anyone?

6. dwrd

dwrd Empty Pockets

My current poison is Eagle Rare. It is a 10 year old, single barrel bourbon. They make a 17 year old, but the price on that is too rich for my blood.

7. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

Big rum fan here too....this is just my "Pyrat" collection... ;D

[img width=578 height=640]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/piekkola/rumpic2.jpg[/img]

8. Seiko

Seiko Empty Pockets

Ummm Can I come over? That bottle of 1623, looks uneven, I could help you with that..... :laugh:

I know almost nothing about teas, but if you like a caramel flavor mixed in, I highly recommend Old Monk 7 year Blended. Its a fantastic rum that I mix with coffee on cold nights. It can be a bit hard to find, but if you have a large liquor store they should have it. Its out of India, and has a great strong caramel taste and aroma.

9. rueingeni

rueingeni Loaded Pockets

I drink tea too, but I'm too cheap and poor to buy anything but bagged tea anymore. Caffeine also messes with my sleep schedule so I try and limit myself to one cup a day, but that's not easy to do.

10. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Another non-drinker here I'm afraid... spent far too many years off that particular wagon! When I occasionally drink, it's likely to be something bubbly due to the occasion or the odd vodka and tonic.

I love herbal teas (no caffeine for me either) and the odd hot vimto, but really you can't beat a glass of cold water sometimes.

11. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

99% tea but on the odd occasion I can be tempted with Corona beer or a good dark rum like Pussers. In winter hot buttered and spiced rum takes some beating, something I first read about in North West Passage, apparently in the old days in New England it was very popular.

12. Crocodilo

Crocodilo Loaded Pockets

Let's see:

1. Gin and Tonic. This is my mainstay. Bombay Saphire or Gordon's.
    2. Espresso cofee. Lots of'em. From wake-up hour to sleep-time. Before, after, during and between meals.

3. Jack Daniels kept me company for many years, nowadays it's just occasional. My liver says "thank you"!

4. In the presence of a particularly delightfull meal, some white wine may be served. in my country wine is very good and very common, but I only started drinking it past my thirties, and just the white variety, not the red. In the absence of wine, under the same special conditions, a couple of beers might do the trick. But I am totally unable to drink wine or beer if not during a meal.

13. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Jack n coke or a vodka martini. :cheers:

14. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Iced tea, if at the bar a beam and coke, also a wine cooler on the porch to watch the sun set isnt bad,,,

15. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

Pepsi Blue. I miss it soooo much. Once I heard it was being phased out, I drove around town buying as much as I could.

16. Smokey

Smokey Empty Pockets

Irish Mist on the rocks with a savinelli churchwarden stuffed with Lanes 1-Q. :D

17. Spydermonkey

Spydermonkey Loaded Pockets

12 or 18 yr Jameson
    Freshly poured pint of Guinness

and every now and then a good cigar

18. InspektorGadget

InspektorGadget Loaded Pockets

When I go out for dinner I like a good Long Island Iced Tea....Love them things.
    When I make a drink at home it's usually Pepsi and rum (Meyers Dark) or lately Jack Daniels & Pepsi.
    I do enjoy an occasional beer which is often a Corona or Bud but lately I have been enjoying Blue Moon with an orange slice...mmm good. Now I want one just thinking about it.....Gotta go!

19. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

The key word here may be “poison” :-X

I like:
    Tennessee Sour Mash
    Blinded Bourbon
    Puerto Rican Rum
    Single Malt Scotch
    Domestic American Beer

Just to name a few.

20. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Beers...

Guinness (it's own food group, IMO)
    Magic Hat #9
    Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

I try and like many others, but those are my go-to favorites.

Don't drink much in the way of hard liquor but I don't enjoy a good gin & tonic from time to time, also a glass of good scotch if available.